Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy Watch Ultra

• 14-07-2024 2:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭

I have had the watch 4 classic, which seems to have died on me, would charge but wouldnt turn on. Fonfix had a quick check, said out of warranty and quoted 280 euro to repair…

Obviously not doing that!

Typically the new version has just been announced, and i love the look of the ultra.

Anyone seen any good deals?

If i manage to get my old one to turn on again, i can get 30 dollars off through a samsung employee deal my company has signed up to.

If not, i can get 100 off for any smartwatch or buds, working or not, plus 15% off through revolut coming to 494.15.

Anyone seen any other deals, stackable with revolut/samsung or something?

Thanks

Ps if there is discussions here on the watch,please link, I couldnt find it.

Post edited by phill106 on

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I've the same problem with my 4 Classic, got it to finally power on after charging off the USB cable via laptop l, first thing I did was. A reset but now it's glitching the whole time, pain in the arse to enter the unlock pattern for example. I really like a bezel on a watch but don't think I use it that often, I think I'll go for 7 Ultra but can't seem to find the 15% off with revolut, just silly points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

I think Revlout have just recently discontinued the cashback/discounts and replaced it with a new rewards scheme

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

At the end, i went for trade in any old device for 100 off. avant card said 15% off/ free watch band and 100 cash back card post purchase.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I didn't realize Avant gave the discount, over €100 saved, I'll be going for that, that's a million.

Watch arrived today, delighed with it. Came with 2 orange straps, if anyone wants to swap just PM me and we can exchange over post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 502 ✭✭✭MickH503

Does the Ultra look very big? I have a Pixel Watch 2 and it looks too small, prefer the Galaxy Watch 4 I had previously!

Anyone seen any discounts? Looks like I can get €105 trade-in for the Watch 4 (if it still works, am charging it now!) and can claim a €100 pre-paid master card also.

Nope, fine on my normal wrist , loving it.

i'd recommend going for the 100 for any broken/damaged device and keep or sell the 4 privately, along with the 100 card back.

@phill106 Cheers, I did just that last night, I found a random 10% promo code online also, so couldn't resist! .

Unfortunately the watch I ordered only comes with the orange band and only had option of white or orange for the extra free band … any suggestions for other dark coloured bands?

I havent watched it yet, but came across this chap going on about the colours of straps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Technophobe

Have mine now but want to source a strap that is black or slate grey so any recommendations appreciated..probably only Samsung versions out there as yet tho..

• Advertisement

I'm using this strap ordered on Amazon Germany, but shipped from China I think. I like it, The velcro type straps allow you to set to any tightness instead of tightening to the existing holes in the normal type straps if you know what I mean.

I also got this Spigen case/strap which is pretty nice, but I didn't like that the buttons are a little harder to press because the case is protecting them a little, but it is a good case and not that much more bulky than the bare watch.

Advertisement