Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway GAA Discussion Thread #2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭SqueakyKneecap

Pearse Stadium screening is the only thing confirmed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭spurshero

nerves kicking in a bit … god knows what it’s like for players and management . Honestly think we are a slightly better team then Armagh but all Ireland final day and anything can happen . Looks like we will have a full hand to pick from bar hernon but still huge question marks over Kelly and slightly smaller ones over comer and Walsh . We will need a lot more out of comer and Walsh then we got in semi final to get over the line I think. Anyway enjoy the rest of build up and roll on Sunday !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,747 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Anything can turn a tight contest.. A black card.. A sending off.. A soft goal.. A game ending injury, if were within a point or 2 either way goin into the final quarter I'll be hoping we make it

defo … I will be amazed if there’s anymore then 2 points in it either way with a strong possibility of extra time

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭mjp

Anyone any idea what hotel the team staying in on Sunday night. Going staying up the night and thinking be handy book in where they are if doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,222 ✭✭✭threeball

Supposed to be a fanzone in Eyre square now too.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Stewball

Really hope so. If we get the weather (a big if) it could be great craic.

Is that confirmed? I only see a GalwayBeo article and those spoofers are best ignored.

I talked to a couple of people planning on going there so I assume it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,308 ✭✭✭evolvingtipperary101

Mattie Kenny being lined up, is it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,266 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

In other news the seats have been installed in the new stand in Tuam Stadium

• Registered Users Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭C__MC

Would hurling enthusiastic people in Galway show any emotion ahead of sunday. You sometimes forget joyce and Canning are from the one county, two all time greats.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭cosatron

yes we will. Allot of the hurling fraternity wouldn't go the match but will watch. Big support for football in the city, connemara, north and east galway which wouldn't be hurling stronghold.

There wouldn't as huge a divide as there was imo. I wouldn't know anybody from hurling strongholds that wouldn't be on the hunt for tickets for Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Inforapenny

How fit are Shane Walsh, Kelly & Finnerty do we think?

Neutral here but will be shouting for Galway.

All named in the starting 15 anyway

And our New Stand now has a name

Getting ready up there for the homecoming on Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭MacDanger

Good luck on Sunday, while I wouldn't mind seeing either team win I'd prefer for Sam to cross the Shannon. I hope Comer in particular has a good game, he's a class player

well done to the camogie ladies . To have the senior men’s football ladies football and camogie in 3 all Ireland finals in croker next 3 Sundays is no mean achievement . A lot of counties would kill for it . Hopefully tomo will be a great day .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Not the place for it I know but just extremely annoyed today looking for a second Hill ticket so can try and bring my son tomorrow.

He wants to go to every game and we try and get to plenty. But him hearing of others going who would never attend a match getting to go is such shite.

1st world problem I know, but still.

Wonder will there be big numbers in Pearse Stadium tomorrow, or will Eyre square be the place most will go?

• Advertisement

there saying there expecting a crowd of 10thousand in pearse stadium ….. it’s prob a thing that’s hard to judge to be fair

Safe travels lads. I'm fierce nervous and I think if we don't up the ante from the semi-final we'll lose. We have the players and we have the bench though. God knows Gleeson will be tested with long ball again and he needs the fullback-line to protect him. They'll also push up on the kickouts again but we have the midfield to trust with long-ball rather than risking getting caught on the press again.

Hoping for a huge showing from Comer, Walsh and Tierney. They all have the potential to swing this in our favour.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭C__MC

Good luck I hope galway win

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Avon8

A year til Sunday quote from JOM via Divo sticks to mind. "This is the biggest day of your lives, it should be the best day of your lives". Enjoy tomorrow folks be what may. Up Galway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭christy c

Anyone know if the roadworks are still ongoing near Kinnegad?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,426 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

It's always been the same regarding tickets, particularly bringing young kids. Almost impossible get seats beside each other unless a family member is heavily involved with a senior club.

Lots of tickets turning up tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭Happyilylost

Dublin is awash with Maroon tonight.

Comer first goalscorer. Comer man if the match. See the difference in a man that didn't train just so he could be on a pitch to a man who has trained hard for two weeks.

Unleash the beast.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,079 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

looks the job , but i cant understand why they didnt continue the stand roof over into the town end corner

• Registered Users Posts: 6,079 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

best of luck tomorrow , you were good enough to wish us well last week it would be wrong not to return the favour

i fancy galway , i think rob finerty will finally get the recognition he deserves he's been a player of the year candidate all year , i think the performances of john maher and sean mulkerin since the group stage have been serious and both putting themselves in the all star picture , Mathew tierney and liam silke have been a picture of consistency all year and the 3 lads at the back are the best full back line in the country

on paper there are a lot of all stars in this side before you start to mention paul conroy , shane walsh , comer, kelly, mcdaid , this is a really good team , it probably will be a tight and nervous affair like the ulster final

it would make for a great photo shoot though on the border with sean kelly and tony kelly with both cups next week

• Advertisement

Advertisement