Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No quitten we're whelan on to chitchat 11

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭148multi

What did trump do to stop the war in Crimea ( Ukraine ) when he was in power. IF the war stopped tomorrow, do you think all Ukrainian's will be able to move home.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭green daries

A yes you've swallowed the putin rubbish hook line and sinker I presume natos bad the Polish are war mongers the Finnish etc are practically psychotic murders one and all. Then we have covid didn't happen/wasn't a big deal vaccination is killing hundreds of thousands etc etc etc. Trump didn't get to implement much ofwhat he wanted as there was a lot of people trying to thwart and dumb down/blunt a lot of the cracked changes he tried

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Why should Ukraine bow down to Putin and loose their land to an aggressor because Trumps says so.

If Trump deports illegal immigrants then most of US manufacturing and agriculture (dairy, beef, pork, poultry, veg and fruits) can kiss their ass goodbye. I'm sure the US public will thank him for a surge in the cost of basic living.

Edit to add, I'm not anti GOP but I am anti Trump and the MAGA faction. I assume that you have heard of Trump's 2025 project.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,636 ✭✭✭roosterman71

In case anyone hasn't heard of what the plan in the US is once Trump is in, have a goo at this

https://www.project2025.org/

Written and supported by many who were in power during Trumps original term. Ground works already done with many people put in positions in Republican states to carry out what's needed. There's more than a small chance if he gets in, and this stuff starts getting implemented that the US will descend into a holy **** show

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭carrollsno1

Had a look at project 25 cant find much on its website so read a BBC article on it it said that Trump said he knows nothing about it. It also gave me the impression that it was going to be brought in regardless of who got in as a republican president. From what i gather they want to build the wall, mass deportation, and streamline some government services.

As regards a Putin sympathiser that i am not however the west was warned not to come any closer and they kept on moving east. Now were all paying dearly for it. How would any of ye like it if a neighbour put up a CCTV camera right at youre farmyard monitoring every move inside youre gate from their side? Youd be less than impressed id imagine.

I reckon the only way out of the war is to negotiate with Russia call for a ceasefire at least while talks are being held. How could that happen with Biden in charge he could hardly string a sentence together most of his term let alone negotiate a peace deal.

Aa regards Crimea during Donald Trumps first term i havent a clue what he did but i dont remember hearing much of it in the news at the time im open to enlightenment on this topic.

The whole deporting ag workers i cant see that happening to be honest but id imagine a system would be put in place to allow migrants in to work the farms in a legal manner this would also benefit the economy as they would be legal and paying taxes not working on the black market as they are now.

Does anyone else not think the world has gone to f#ck the last 4 years? You cant have a differing opinion from the left without being given a derogatory label, free speech is on the way out for fear of causing offence, very hard for a lot of young people to get ahead these days, were being forced to pay carbon taxes to change the weather and little old Ireland is being expected to be at the forefront of fighting climate change despite being only a small island nation.

Its all a bit much now to be honest.

Better living everyone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,865 ✭✭✭Odelay

"it said that Trump said he knows nothing about it." Hold on a second, do you believe a word Trump says?. That he knows nothing about it?

Also the world has gone to fcuk in the last 8-10 years, not the last four. Trump has done much of this with his mocking of a disabled reporter, "lock her up" speeches, calling women dogs and a lunatic, supporting Jan 6th, praising the attach on an opponents husband with a hammer. Handing over agents locations to Russia and them being killed a few weeks later.

Trump is a dangerous moron, only looking out for himself. He will protect billionaires to protect himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭50HX

Was having a few pints at the weekend & the topic of politics came up as there was an English relative in the group.

Got me thinking that for the most part our elected representatives are not that bad in comparison & our little isle is a good place to live.

When you see the standard of politicians in the UK since 2020 & the **** show that it has become nevermind the deep division that is now in American society....twould remind you of the civil war here

Add in Ukraine war, middle east & african conflict, French&German stances are shift x we are alright, not without faults but overall alright

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭kk.man

I think Trump's tactic for Ukraine war is that Putin will be told to stop where he is or the US will give absolute support to Ukraine. If Ukraine doesn't agree to a cease fire they will get no more US aid. As much as I'm not a fan of Trump I think it's the only way to halt this war.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,302 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

is that any different to the wef and all it’s antics- all you have to look at are the graduates of the Wef leadership academy and see where they are placed world wide.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

This is the list from @roosterman71 link. It claims trump had implemented/adopted two thirds of their policy in his first year in office. I gave up reading there are so many. Alarming reading.

https://www.scribd.com/document/369820462/Mandate-for-Leadership-Policy-Recommendations

• Advertisement

There's a whole 922 page document on their website - https://static.project2025.org/2025_MandateForLeadership_FULL.pdf

And Trump knows full well what it's about

Many people Trump knows quite well are behind it.

Six of his former Cabinet secretaries helped write or collaborated on the 900-page playbook for a second Trump term published by the Heritage Foundation. Four individuals Trump nominated as ambassadors were also involved, along with several enforcers of his controversial immigration crackdown. And about 20 pages are credited to his first deputy chief of staff.

In fact, at least 140 people who worked in the Trump administration had a hand in Project 2025, a CNN review found, including more than half of the people listed as authors, editors and contributors to “Mandate for Leadership,” the project’s extensive manifesto for overhauling the executive branch.

https://edition.cnn.com/2024/07/11/politics/trump-allies-project-2025/index.html

Why would Ukraine agree to those terms? Why should Russia be rewarded with a land grab after this length of time, this amount of destruction, this amount of death, this amount of upheaval across the continent? The fucker would just reload and go again if he is appeased by Trump. Plus Trump is a fan of him too and has praised his leadership, and said he could do what he wants and no US help unless they are paid. Utter scumbag in my eyes (and that's just on this point and not due to him being a convicted felon, fraudster, sexual assaulter (rape in any other jurisdiction), friend of Epstein, etc).

There was never an agreement on NATO to stop moving east. Even Gorbachev himself said that. When the states got out from under Russian control, they looked to join for protection. A good decision. Now though, NATO have extended their border with Russia after Finland and Sweden joining. Not a peep about NATO borders now. Nor did anyone say sure if Russia take Ukraine they'll be closer to NATO countries than they were. The NATO thing is not the reason for the invasion.

I don't think the US will stop the aid to Ukraine. It's mostly going to US companies anyway. It's boom time for arms manufacturers in the US right now. Trump would be some clown to cut that funding.

Does anyone else not think the world has gone to f#ck the last 4 years? You cant have a differing opinion from the left without being given a derogatory label, free speech is on the way out for fear of causing offence, very hard for a lot of young people to get ahead these days, were being forced to pay carbon taxes to change the weather and little old Ireland is being expected to be at the forefront of fighting climate change despite being only a small island nation.

All of this I agree with. The world is gone to shite, or at least we're hearing about it more and more. The minority are holding all the cards. THose who shout andwhinge th most are in charge, or at least getting their way. Those who put the head down and get on with things are struggling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,853 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Ya, you'd be happy with the Poet Michael D over any of them. Politics in those countries is gone very dysfunctional.

'If I ventured in the slipstream, Between the viaducts of your dream'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,694 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

An elderly neighbour died over the weekend. He was out and about until just over a week ago, he got covid and had diabetes. Imagine succumbing to covid after so long avoiding it.

Yeah mother is a diabetic here always worrying about covid as it effects her far far worse than not having the diabetes.... it causes trouble too in people who have kidney trouble. Covid is going to be like a bad version of the flu In older people as in it will kill people who have underlying problems and get sick with something else as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭pg141

That's a shame… I have avoided Covid newer had it, got the injections and the boosters each year with the flu jab as.

I am losing weight but still a heavy enough lad, so will keep avoiding it for as long as possible, people I know have got a serious rattle from it! wouldnt wish it on an enemy to be fair!

I got it last October when I was staying in the hospital with my dad. I've never been as ill, still feck all sense of taste. My sister got it for the 3rd time a week or so ago and said it was way worse than the other 2 times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,200 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

We had a lovely concert in our church in tullamore on sunday evening, a young fellow attends our church in tyrellspass and has been playing our church organ on sundays since he was eight. He's sixteen now and has got a scholarship to study music in St Patricks Cathedral in Dublin so he offered to do a fundraiser for us.

He packed the church anyway, amazing talent.

He played the organs in two churches in mullingar on Sunday morning and then two hours playing on Sunday evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭Tileman

surprised there wasn’t more about the Irish journal farm open day. Any one go. I went as I was off work and said I’d pop over. Was on. Shows that even with all the expertise in the world they are struggling to make decent money on it.
    was an ok day. They were open and transparent on costs but too much talking and didn’t pick up that much from it to be honest . Arrived at 12 and was gine by 3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭minerleague

Meant to go but somehow got it into my head it was on Wednesday! Was there at very first open day, just interested to see if they have moved away from 1st cross dairy bred cows which was idea at start. Many there?

• Advertisement

Looks like the EU have to look at closing down all animal agriculture in the next year

https://www.agriland.ie/farming-news/eu-commission-registers-citizens-initiative-on-closing-animal-farms/

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭StoutPost

Is the ACRES Scheme expected to open again this year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Topped a field of rushes today I wasn't able to get into last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,705 ✭✭✭jaymla627

No, its looking like a total waste of time anyways especially in cp areas where npi's where needed to max out payments, has to be the most shambolic schemce ever brought-in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,598 ✭✭✭✭Water John

With some of the twaddle, one should sometimes hit the, ignore button, in your head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,200 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

Gross margin was nearly 100000 and that was soaked up by some of the fixed costs, Rent is going up by €35/ acre but IFJ are getting more of the entitlements now. The open day confirmed what we all know, a young person would be wasting their life going farming . They've done more building and the landowner pays 40% of the cost of that and from now on in the lease he pays 60% of building. I found it very interesting as a landowner renting out land

The heifers have been making a lot more money than the bulls so they've changed to using some sexed semen and also spent €16000 on collars for the cows, bulls have been unusually troublesome for them as regards fertility

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭StoutPost

Post edited by StoutPost on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,043 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

Ground saturated here again, it’s like a yo-yo, badly need a few good weeks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,675 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

It's amazing what beef and wheat could do all the same.

Advertisement