Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2024 - General Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Wow Blue skies Dublin 2. The excitement (if wasn't in the office lol)

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭gilly1910

I hear you, sitting here looking out at that extremely rare sight of a beautiful cloudless sky in Dublin, while racking my brains thinking of a plausible excuse to go home early and lie in the back garden 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Robwindstorm

Cracking day here in Meath since early morning. Nice warm sunshine 🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Hippodrome Song Owl

Overcast in Maynooth after a few brief sunny spells earlier. Ground still wet from last night. Poor compared to what I was expecting today, but hopefully it picks up for a nice evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭squarecircles

• Advertisement

It's already total cloud, so that must be it for the day so. Incredibly disappointing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,441 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Current conditions in Loughlinstown..sky obscured..

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,008 ✭✭✭appledrop

Yeah today was forecast as sunny nearly all day in NCD. Sun never appeared Grey Grey Grey.

Anyway we hit explorium brilliant day out but it is expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Robwindstorm

Clouding over now, still pleasant and warm for teddybear picnic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭pureza

We reached 20.6c today in Arklow in relatively strong Sunshine at times but only occasional peeps of sun at the moment

All in a fine day though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,103 ✭✭✭OldRio

Right on cue thick clouds appear, just as I'm thinking about finishing work.

Leitrim

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Dazler97

Cloudy here in carrick must be the only place that's not sunny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,364 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Looking at the satellite imagery on the met Eireann website, what is the straight line cloud feature that appears on the satellite visible. It appears over the Atlantic around 1:30pm and holds a fairly steady straight line to its current position over the midwest of the country at 4:45.

Can't take a screen grab on phone as my phone is not cooperating with me 😅

@appledrop That actually doesn't look too bad - lovely photos. Much darker clouds out this direction unfortunately. But it is dry, so at least we can still get out.

All the rowan trees here are laden with fully red berries - seems too early for it to me, but maybe that's normal? I thought it was September when they were ripe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭Sammy2012

Another mostly grayish day here in North Wexford. Today was supposed to be the best day of the week. Sleepy sort of day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,458 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Dry and muggy in Galway today. Sun trying to peep out.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,008 ✭✭✭appledrop

That was southside Hippodrome, back to Grey muck here on Northside🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Dazler97

Deepdive is on YouTube from the met Office I've just started watching this week's now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,019 ✭✭✭.Donegal.

Sunshine totals for this month so far

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭Niall145

Is that measured in minutes?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,019 ✭✭✭.Donegal.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭Niall145

Yeah was kidding, it's not quite that bad lol

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Edgardo.

West Waterford. 14C cloudy , light rain.

12C and light rain, heavy cloud. Back to the muck.

Leitrim

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭wazzzledazzle

Absolutely miserable out. Grey, heavy drizzle, not cold but that makes little differance. Dullest July in living memory for me without a doubt

Feel for the parents with kids on school holidays. A wretched summer to do most things out doors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭pauldry

Can safely say weather will remain mixed all the way to the end of August with High Pressure nudging in at times to give a dry day here and there.

West hasn't done too bad this Summer but Northwest has. Everyone got covid coz no vitamin D and 14c every day. This year while like 2011 here hasn't had the good spell 2011 had in April so it's worse and probably will turn out the coldest Summer of the 21st Century for Sligo while the Globe 🌎 had its warmest day ever on July 21st.

IIn 50years time there will be a billion people living in Ireland as it will be the only cool place left on the planet. The heat maps will show reds over every continent and a blue Ireland with mist and drizzle but no sun. And if you get sun there will be 100mm of rain the next day to punish you. Also on days there is lighter rain it will be windy so you'll get soaked anyways. You will constantly have the media telling you there's a good spell of weather on the way that never comes and Wet Eireann promising 3 days of sun and heat that turns into 2 to 3hrs in total if you're lucky.

Eventually the billion people will all immigrate back to their 50c countries to escape what is a worse misery.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭mcburns07

Another day of grey drizzle, it’s beyond disappointing. Thank god I’m getting out of here on Sat for a few weeks.

During this spell of weather. The biggest disappointment is the inability of the models and forcasting agencies to correctly predict the weather 3 days in advance.

Its a poor look to say the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Manky warm drizzle :( 16° Meath

Business news on RTE mentioned Irish consumers have spent €800,000 less on BBQ products and other summer items in 4 weeks up to 7 July, compared to 2023 it seems? Boo.

I wanted a birthday BBQ later today. Hope the drizzle removes itself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭KanyeSouthEast

another desperate disappointment of a day. Breezy grey and 14 degrees with intermittent rain.

Advertisement