Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vice President Kamala Harris vs Donald Trump 2024

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,026 ✭✭✭trashcan

1. We may not have sent any food or medicine, but we also haven’t been arming the Israelis to the teeth so they can level the place, so there’s that. The US may not have needed to send any aid if they hadn’t been enabling Israel to basically destroy Gaza. The idea that Biden has done anything to help Palestinians is laughable.
    2. Gaza pretty much is a parking lots as it is. I do agree that Trump wouldn’t have been any better, and probably even worse, if that’s possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭thatsdaft

About 40% of Israeli weapons came from Germany

Most of the equipment their domestic Israeli military industrial complex is German (just like Russia btw, but that’s another topic)

The left are awfully quiet about that in their blinkered 20th century outdated outlook where everything is pinned on US

Moaning about hegemony while simultaneously crying that there no longer is a world policeman to interfere in these genocides

• Registered Users Posts: 30,276 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

"Alluding to" … you don't "allude to" reality. It is there or it is not.

The whole point of the article you linked - was that it was not reality, but only perception. You posted the article, so you must accept the source as a valid and legitimate source. You are now running away from the conclusion of the article from a source whose bona fides you accepted.

And I can understand the conclusion of the article you are misrepresenting, either you do not, or worse do not describe in good faith:

In short, the notion that Democrats must have a white man to dislodge Trump is based on not much other than fear. Democrats need a competent candidate who can turn out the base, not scare off moderate independents and disenchanted Democrats, and stand up to Trump. 

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Redliketoast

The US government has done studies on things like this since the 60's

They are still looking at ways to control weather patterns.

NASA have conducted research on Cloud seeding.

Is it crazy to shoot a nuke at a tornado? Sounds like a Jason Statham movie tbh (that I would def watch). But yes it does sound stupid. So does shooting rockets at asteroids, but that is done!

Calling someone stupid for making a "suggestion" is just anti progressive. If you call someone stupid for making suggestions, then how do we create things like vaccines, wearable tech, pacemakers, artificial hips etc. Someone could easily say "what Idiot wants to put mesh inside someones body?"

So yes asking if a Nuke could stop a tornado is stupid. But they should be able to ask without being labeled stupid. After all we all know that the only thing to stop a tornado is a shark!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,854 ✭✭✭eightieschewbaccy

In fairness, I think the poster you're responding to simply has some weird views on women in general and assume everyone else views them the same way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭highpitcheric

Fear will get votes.

Anyway, no more for you.

You either cant comprehend that race and gender matters to voters, rightly or wrongly as that may be.

Or youve other reasons for going over the same topic ad nauseum.

Game over. Find someone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,162 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

You are right nuking a hurricane or making your own weather predictions with a sharpie is not stupid at all, it's progressive.

🤣

What has Trump ever done to defend a mans reproductive rights?

In an interview in 1999 he described himself as Pro Choice.

During his Presidential campaign in 2016 he seemed to have evolved his view and said he was Pro Life except in cases of rape, incest, and when the mother's life is in danger.

He did appoint very conservative judges. Of course he did, he was the Republican President. It would be weird to appoint Liberal judges. By doing so he probably cemented a lot of power in his party. Those judges did affect roe v wade.

He is on record for being against late term abortions (after 20 weeks) but his view (not mine) was to leave it up to individual states to rule on abortion. He didnt want to ban it. He never said ban it. Never, not once. Thats something the Dems accuse him of but it has been debunked as a Lie. Yes the Dems have lied at times.

He doesnt back project 2025. That lie is a Dem one.

He never said he wants to ban abortion. That is another Dem lie.

Yes it is his party and his party seems to have softened up on a lot of their crazier stuff such as gay marriage and yes abortion. This is ignored. His party are not softened enough for me to like them, but small steps in the right direction, are a good thing and should ALWAYS be welcomed. Its called democracy.

That's an entire post which doesn't engage with a single point made.

What action has Trump taken, and I don't mean weasel word speeches?

So he's done nothing then.
    If you are a women concerned about reprocdutive rights, under no circumstances should you vote Trump or Republican, state or national.

The judges he appointed lied to get confirmed, they said it was "settled law".

So why would you believe Republican weasel words on women's reproductive rights?

They are proven liars.

Trump's own words: I was able to kill Roe v Wade.

“For 54 years they were trying to get Roe v. Wade terminated, and I did it, and I’m proud to have done it. … Nobody else was going to get that done but me, and we did it, and we did something that was a miracle.”

https://democrats.org/news/in-trumps-own-words-i-was-able-to-kill-roe-v-wade/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,203 ✭✭✭Shoog

Its stupid because it doesn't consider the obvious issue of nuclear rain as an after effects. It's just stupid to shoot your mouth off about something he clear hasn't got a clue about.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭highpitcheric

• Registered Users Posts: 5,203 ✭✭✭Shoog

• Registered Users Posts: 83,126 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

hey look everyone we found another hot button issue that MAGA is utterly panicked about now in the race against Kamala

Facts are a bitch huh.

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/02/16/us/politics/trump-abortion-ban.html

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/trump-16-week-national-abortion-ban-1234970119/

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/trump-says-he-will-support-national-ban-on-abortions-around-15-weeks-of-pregnancy#:~:text=weeks%2Dof%2Dpregnancy-,Trump%20says%20he%20will%20support%20national%20ban,around%2015%20weeks%20of%20pregnancy&text=NEW%20YORK%20(AP)%20%E2%80%94%20Donald,specific%20limit%20on%20the%20procedure.

Trump“There of course remains a vital role for the federal government in protecting unborn life. And it’s very important.” 

Trump on if he would sign a six-week national abortion ban: “I’m looking at all options.”

Trump: “We’ll pick something that’s going to be very, very good for pro-life … I’m going to be in there pushing.”

Trump also backed a national abortion ban during his first term and said that women should be punished for receiving abortion care.

The Hill“The Trump administration formally backed a House bill Monday that would ban abortions after 20 weeks. … It would make it a crime to perform or attempt an abortion after 20 weeks of pregnancy, with the possibility of a fine, up to five years in prison or both.”

Trump“There has to be some form of punishment [for women who have an abortion].”

Trump loves bragging about how extreme abortion bans across the country are possible because he overturned Roe v. Wade.

Trump“I was proudly the person responsible for the ending of … Roe v. Wade.”

Trump“For 54 years they were trying to get Roe v. Wade terminated, and I did it, and I’m proud to have done it. … Nobody else was going to get that done but me, and we did it, and we did something that was a miracle.”

Trump: “After 50 years of failure, with nobody coming even close, I was able to kill Roe v. Wade, much to the ‘shock’ of everyone … Without me there would be no 6 weeks, 10 weeks, 15 weeks, or whatever is finally agreed to. Without me the pro Life movement would have just kept losing. Thank you President TRUMP!!!”

Rolling Stone“Trump Claims Credit for All Abortion Bans”

Business Insider: “Trump boasts he’s ‘proud’ about his role in overturning Roe v. Wade, the issue that has become ballot-box poison for Republicans”

Rolling Stone: “Trump Says He’s ‘Proud’ to Have ‘Terminated’ Abortion Rights”

Trump campaign radio ad: “And Trump nominated conservative judges, leading to Roe v. Wade being overturned.”

FWIW“This week, we found more evidence that the Trump campaign has no interest in ‘moderating’ on the issue of abortion. On Monday, his team began running new Facebook video ads targeting voters in Iowa, referring to Trump as ‘THE MOST Pro-Life President in history.’”

Trump“I’m the one that got rid of Roe v. Wade, and everybody said that was an impossible thing to do. I put on three Supreme Court justices. Very few people have had that privilege or honor.”

Trump“Getting rid of Roe v. Wade was an incredible thing for pro-life because it gave pro-life something to negotiate with. Pro-life had absolutely nothing, being stuck in Roe v. Wade, to negotiate with. … And look, everybody that was president wanted to get rid and tried to get rid of Roe v. Wade… For fifty years, this has been going on. I was able to do it, and I was very honored to do it.”

Here are some of Trump’s cruel abortion bans that women are forced to suffer under across the country:

Alabama: “Abortions became almost entirely illegal in Alabama on June 24. A 2019 state abortion ban took effect making it a felony to perform an abortion at any stage of pregnancy, with no exceptions for pregnancies caused by rape or incest.”

Arizona: “Arizona court upholds state’s 1864 total abortion ban”

Arkansas: “Arkansas bans nearly all abortions after Roe v. Wade overturned”

Florida: “Florida’s new restrictions will chip away at the little abortion access left in the South”

Georgia: “Georgia abortion ban remains in effect after state Supreme Court ruling”

Kentucky: “Abortion is banned in almost all circumstances.”

Louisiana: “Louisiana abortion ban preserved after lawmakers kill bill to call public vote”

Missouri: “Republicans block attempt to add rape, incest exemptions to Missouri’s abortion ban”

North Carolina: “North Carolina’s abortion law may make traveling to end a pregnancy impossible for some in the South”

North Dakota: “North Dakota court keeps strict abortion ban in place even in cases of medical emergencies”

Oklahoma: “Abortion is banned in almost all circumstances.” 

South Carolina: “South Carolina’s new all-male highest court reverses course on abortion, upholding strict 6-week ban”

South Dakota: “Abortions now illegal in South Dakota following Supreme Court’s ruling”

Tennessee: “Amid uncertainty and anger, Tennessee’s abortion ban takes effect”

Texas: “Texas passes law banning abortion after six weeks”

Wisconsin: “Wisconsin Republicans approve bill banning abortions after 14 weeks of pregnancy”

North Dakota: “North Dakota governor signs law banning nearly all abortions”

• Registered Users Posts: 7,423 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

All I recall is them blocking aid which in turn lost Ukraine 1000s of men and lost territory.

”he doesn’t support project 2025” oh no no no no just the overwhelming majority of the authors are all administration members of his? Total coincidence 😂 and his VP keeps singing their hymn sheet:

https://fortune.com/2024/07/16/trump-project-2025-jd-vance-federal-workers-heritage-foundation/

Yeah I can comprehend just fine there's lot of racist and sexist pig voters out there, I never pretended otherwise.

What I also comprehend, and as the article you linked concludes, is that there is no need for Democrats to pander to them. Harris can beat Trump. She's already got momentum in the polls moving her ahead of Trump, and there's still the Convention to come, and hammering Republicans with attack ads.

Meanwhile, Republicans campaign and Convention was all about beating Biden… and now Biden is gone, they don't know what to do. Their VP pick is a stooge for puppet masters, he brings money but no votes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,708 ✭✭✭LambshankRedemption

I remember saying to my dad about 3 months after his inauguration "Has it only been 3 months? It feels more like 2 years".

• Registered Users Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Taking the credit from one side for enabling the situation where Roe v Wade could be overturned and abortion potentially banned. Whilst simultaneously telling the other side that he personally is liberal on the issue and that the outcome at state level isn't necessarily his position.

That seems an almost impossible political trapeze line to walk, even if ironically it may actually be the truth.

• Advertisement

we won’t know for sure who until the convention, 8/19

And the fact they arent in power

Why is that? You think Russia will keep going into Europe? Thats another discussion.

No he said he would bring an end to the war actually

https://www.theguardian.com/world/article/2024/jul/20/ukraine-war-briefing-trump-vows-to-end-war-in-call-with-zelenskiy

Is it his job to be a peacemaker? Are America making peace for them now?

The US are not playing that role anymore. They have been pulling away and their biggest issue domestically is what they are spending on military aid for other countries. As I said, I think we should be United against Putin, but the working class American doesnt give a s*** about Ukraine nor any other country.

For a party “not in power” they sure did do a good job delaying aid to Ukraine /s

I have answered you. You havent answered me. If you cant read my answers then ask for clarification on specifics. I have been quiet details actually

Has he done anything for mens reproductive rights?

Maybe, just maybe, individual rights are not the job of the President. You want him to rule on hair cuts as well?

He said he wants States to take the lead in their own laws around the subject

He isnt a scientist. Asking questions is not a bad thing.

Lets say some "UFO's" are found flying around the country. Should the President ask about them or would that also be stupid because they are actually Chinese Weather Balloons?

There was no "shooting his mouth off". It wasnt a speech ffs, it was a question with people who would be able to answer the question.

No they arent. It was a paper published by Far Right members of his party which he has not only distanced himself from, but called crazy!!

But again the truth and all that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Large bottle small glass

Good analysis of current situation and is fairly balanced. It's a USA version of the British podcast.

Both seem bright and do their homework.

Saramucci is all over the place politically; life long republican who's donated to Democratic campaigns, worked for trump administration for a week or so, seems to know and be warm to Harris. He really doesn't like Trump but lays out paths for both for victory.

Says Harris is very warm and personable.

Her challenge will be in explaining the mess that is San Francisco in an entirely blue state and where she is on the centre-left spectrum.

Really critical of Vance, and regards him as a bad mistake by Trump which will end in tears.

That's because the Republicans are in power, they are a majority in the House of Representatives. The House Majority Leader is Republican.

Pretty self discrediting someone posting what they think is the mind of the average American… and posting that the Republicans aren't in power!

I've no idea what you're on about.

What are you talking about "Has he done anything for mens reproductive rights for?

You were asked what action has he taken to protect women's reproductive rights.
    You can find none.

You've given zero credible reason why anyone concerned about protecting reproductive rights should vote for Trump or Republicans.

You keep presenting Trump's comments as if they should be accepted in good faith, when multiple posters including myself have pointed out his lies and inconsistencies, and the lies of other Republicans.

You are now comparing reproductive rights with hair cuts.

Utterly self discrediting and it is offensive.

Jesus lad, again try reading what you are posting links to. Facts and all that

Donald Trump said he is not in favour of a Nationwide ban on Abortion.

He said that there are discussions around the times Abortion should be allowed up until. He has previously said 20 weeks (as I mentioned earlier). In this link you provided he says that many people seem to want to agree on 15 weeks but he isnt decided on that. Other people in his party are talking 15 weeks. He is in favour of it being higher.

Regardless of number of weeks.

Dems are claiming he wants to "Ban Abortion". He doesnt.

Are Dems saying there should be no time limit on Abortion? So you could have an abortion up to 40 weeks? or is it mature to discuss what the cut off should be? Is 15 weeks too early? Maybe. Is 24 weeks too late? Probably.

As you said Facts are a B*****

”Has he done anything for mens reproductive rights?”

Wait what the hell is this nonsense?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,940 ✭✭✭Flaneur OBrien

Trump is too smart to be caught out in that way.

Ahem

"Grab 'em by the pussy"

Advertisement