Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vice President Kamala Harris vs Donald Trump 2024

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Redliketoast

Firstly Vance said in that exact link that he thinks there are "some good ideas" in it and disagrees with other things in it.

He then says "but most importantly, it has no affiliation with the Trump campaign."

Trump has been asked about it and said “I disagree with some of the things they’re saying and some of the things they’re saying are absolutely ridiculous and abysmal"

He also said some of the extreme right came up with it. That it is some extreme stuff and that he doenst know anything about it and doesnt want to know anything about it. He said he knows who some of them are (the people who came up with it).

https://www.c-span.org/video/?c5124900/donald-trump-disavows-project-2025

If you are accusing someone of something and they deny it, you cant just say "oh but they are lying". The Dems dont lie? They havent been caught lying? There is no chance that the media who are backing the dems financially are showing one side of an argument?

You see the issue with some on here is that they say "just watch CNN and ignore everything else. It will be better for your mental health". The problem is you are only seeing one side of the news. Watch people you dont agree with. Watch news you dont agree with. Only then you can have an informed opinion. The proof is the fact so many Anti Trumpers on here seemed shocked at how bad Biden was after the debate. Funny how people who saw the other side of the news, wherent as shocked. You dont need to agree with something to see what it says.

Yes which they can block aid. It doenst mean they can do anything about Putin. What do you suggest they do?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,501 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Really critical of Vance, and regards him as a bad mistake by Trump which will end in tears.

The talk before Biden's departure was Trump was so confident of victory he didn't heed any political calculations in his choice of running mate, just picked the guy he had taken the biggest shine to. May well be regretting that now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭Flaneur OBrien

going over the same topic ad nauseum

Oh the irony! 😅

(Unless you have anything else to add apart from Harris' gender and skin colour?)

Biden is a Democrat. The last I looked he was in charge. You want the House of reps to "stand up to Putin"?? Not the President?

Yet when/if Trump becomes President, it is then up to the President to stand up to Putin

Wow that is some wild logic lad

I am saying that you asking what action he has done to protect women reproductive rights is the same things as asking that of mens. Both ridiculous questions.

What has Biden done to protect womens reproductive rights? What about Obama, Bush, Clinton?

Its a silly question designed to show that women wont vote for him as a result.

He was vocal about being Pro Life in 2016. Republican women TODAY still want to vote for him.

Yes I am presenting his comments as if they should be in good faith. This is better than pretending I can read his mind and make up what I think he means (which seems to be the Dem logic).

He never said he wants to ban abortion. Yet the Dems keep claiming he did
    He never said he wants to implement Project 2025. The Dems say he will

How can he prove something he never said if you dont listen to words? The Dems are lying and you are believing them. Just like they did regarding Biden.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭Shoog

He has an administration in waiting made up of the authors of Project 2025. Are you clueless about what that means ?

• Advertisement

Huh?

The US government is made up of three pillars of legislation. The president, the senate and the house are all equal.

What is stopping the Republicans who run the house from denouncing Putin?

Lets repeat this every day lest we forget, there is only one senile old man in this race.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭highpitcheric

No. Lefty culture spreads much further in daily life than right wing political culture. Political correctness gets welcomed by business and employers, as its a source of virtue for those pushing it. And its good for sales to appease women consumers who control household spending. And recruitment. Its inclusive which makes for open expression. Its alway good and acceptable to push p.c. Above all its safe, in work and in the pub.

Right wing tends to be seen as dour, dry and unfriendly, exclusive. Youll be pushed to find workplaces harping on about being less inclusive as legal danger looms in that direction. Ive yet to see any flags from a right wing movement outside a multinational here in Ireland. Its more quiet. (Maga being an exception). Most people tend to shut up about it.

This difference in public acceptability of left and right is maybe why those who voted Brexit were apparently hard to find for some time, before and after the result. Everyone hated those mean old brexiters, they were racists. But at the same time 52 of the UK voters voted for them. So it seems some people had a convenient sudden change of heart at the voting booth.

So basically with a dem win it looks like a good chance of an increase in daily mandatory p.c. fun. A lot of privilege checking and desktop flags for already worn down average dudes.

The prospect could cause them to run to safety in the other camp.

Well the media focus on those aspects. Why cant I mention them?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,849 ✭✭✭✭briany

Well, firstly, if Trump's team were planning to use the ideas and suggestions of Project 2025, would they loudly crow about it, knowing its potential to turn centrists against them, or would they wait until they're in power and then implement the plans when there's much less ability to stop them?

I'm sick of this talk about Trump's second presidency being some kind of unknown quantity. He literally created and/or helped promote a massive conspiracy theory about the 2020 election and sat back while some of his followers smashed into the US Capitol on the day the results were being certified. On what planet is anyone living to think that man would be moderate and sensible in a second term?

“Take me in oh tender woman,

“Take me in, for heaven's sake,

“Take me in oh tender woman,” sighed the snake.

• Advertisement

He has distanced himself from the Project multiple times. You know what that means?

Ok I wont pull at the technicalities there. Lets just agree for the sake of 15 posts.

Instead I will just point out that I was asked what Trump (as President) would do to stand up to Putin

But then it was compared to how the current House of Reps are not standing up to Putin.

So under a Biden admin, the responsibility seems to be with the House of Reps to stand up to Putin

and Under a Trump admin it would be up to the President

You see the argument? I dont even need you to agree with me. There is nothing for you to agree or disagree with me on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,854 ✭✭✭eightieschewbaccy

The biggest focus is on the fact she's a highly capable politician and speaker. Her gender and race tends to be mentioned a lot simply for the fact that she's up against a racist misogynist. Plus as well for the obvious reason that it would be a first for the US. As a politician, she's barely left, let alone extreme left.

I just want to quickly point out that 52% of 72% of registered voters voted for Brexit. (37.44% of the electorate)

An awful lot didn't bother voting as they thought it was in the bag for remain - how foolish of them we can say with our hindsight glasses.

But also, your post reads like, "PC culture is a positive as people feel good, it's good for the economy, inclusive and allows people freedom of thought".

And you say this like it's a bad thing? Because some fragile egos wouldn't be able to handle it and would go running back to the safety of the "dour, dry, unfriendly and exclusive" camp?

Emm.. ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,641 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Donald Trump says a lot of things, most of which are inaccurate, misleading, or completely made up. Anything he says seems to be based entirely on what he thinks will make him look better at the moment he says it. Yes, all politicians lie, but I'm struggling to think of any who do it and frequently and pointlessly as that eejit.

If he told me it was going to be sunny I'd bring an umbrella.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,104 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Picking Corporal Vance was a mistake. Trumps knows it too by all accounts in the right wing media of the past 48 hours.

You cannot disconnect Vance from Project 2025, he's been too deep in its idealogy for too long. And it will act as an anchor on the Trump campaign when it comes to swing voters, rather than a float.

Bonespurs and the Corporal, eh?

There's a comic strip just waiting to be printed right there.....

No i dont say it like its a bad thing. I simply call it as it is. It is you who adds the emotion and attributes opinions to me.

Thats whats been happening this whole time.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,136 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

well he’s let rapist men choose the mother of their children?

So again you are saying that you know that they are planning to do something despite them saying they are not planning to do that EXACT thing.

You realise that is the very definition of a conspiracy theory right?

As for the key words chart. That includes all the nutty responses to his posts!!!

The fact is that there are lies made up regarding Trump. How can I tell they are lies? Because the Dems say he will do something without proof that he will other than a gut feeling. He personally denies the claims. Therefore it is a lie. It is false.

• Advertisement

No, it's not about any of that. You've been saying that Trump would stand up to Putin and Bring about peace.

But his party has refused to do so, so far, and instead have backed Putin by trying to withdraw aid from Ukraine.

What makes you think Trump will go against his party and stand up against Putin?

Oh, ok. So you're not against PC culture. Cool.

Apologies for the misunderstanding 😎

He personally denies the claims. Therefore it is a lie. It is false.

lol

He also denied raping a woman but that was proven to be true.

Lost your entire load of bollocks today asserting that if he denies something it has to be false.

I agree that he has said some bat sh** stuff.

But the lefts are literally saying that he will do something based on nothing more than "thinking he might" despite him denying it over and over again. It is of the same mindset of him faking an assassination attempt.

The history book will say "It took a Trump to get a black women elected President"

Most people enjoy feeling positive, inclusive, have a good economy going and enjoy having the freedom to think and act how they like. So, yeah, cool. 😎

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭thatsdaft

For some reason I’m envisioning a Hanmaidens Tale type dystopia

I see he is not interested in elaborating, just more drive by shooting

maybe he also means getting rid of no fault divorce and extending protections for marital rape?

Yikes.

• Advertisement

And this is why a rational conversation cant happen.

How does it mean he is lying?

There are crazy people on the far reaches of both sides. He has always been moderate. He was a democrat. He is now a republican. That is signal enough to show he is toward the center. Kinda like Harris to be honest.

Is it not believable that some people who used to be on his extended staff, were Far right? You dont think some people on Bidens staff were not Far Left? You dont know any people in your family that might be a little Far either side? In a society these people exist. If your brother decides to become a nazi, it doesnt mean you agree with him. If he writes a book about killing whoever, it certainly doesnt mean you agree with him.

The fact is Project 2025 was thought up by a think tank of Republicans. The idea was to help the Presidents transitional period. This is funded by lots of Far Right people. But most of all, people involved are trying to get themselves a job when/if Trump gets the job. Thats all this is. Trump doesnt support it but that was never the point of Project 2025. The authors of Project 2025 will be hoping that they came up with enough ideas that they will be hired onto his team. If you write a huge book if ideas, then surely one or two might be ok. Trump and Vance have both said there were some good ideas in it, so I imagine some will get hired as a result. But that doesnt mean that Project 2025 will happen. In fact it 100% WONT. If the authors are lucky there will be a mash up of some part ideas that will be implemented.

That is called analysing rather than assuming that the sky is falling. I mean use some logic ffs.

Advertisement