Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Is Elon Musk hurting Tesla? (Mod Note Post #1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭allinthehead

Wow, that's some leap to make. Me not giving a shlt about the ceo of a car company is akin to facilitating a murderer like Putin. I take back what I said earlier, that is now the dumbest thing I've ever read on boards. Congratulations Teddy 🧸 👏

☀️

• Registered Users Posts: 11,429 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

I'm not sure I'd say he's mentally unstable, he's got his worldview and up until around 2020 he managed to conceal it from many people and put on the planet saving tech mogul facade

Now he doesn't seem to feel the need to hold back his views, probably because he's surrounded by sycophants and dismisses any opposition

I agree he doesn't seem to be inspiring much by way of innovation lately and is instead pulling resources away from car development to far reaching AI and whatever Optimus is supposed to be useful for (other than driving YouTube content)

The big question is, if he was removed as CEO then how would that effect Tesla? The big shareholders seem to think that whatever else he's doing, he does generate sales and the risk of a sales drop by ousting him outweighs the gains for now

Tesla at the moment seems torn between meeting short term sales targets and some very far reaching projects which may or may not work out. What seems to be lacking is a coherent strategy around rolling out new models, something you'd assume is a priority at a car manufacturer

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Would Hitlers involvement with VW stop you buying an ID4 or a Merc?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,532 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Maybe 80 years ago it might of.

Is he on the payroll of VW at the moment?
    Is he the largest shareholder ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭kabakuyu

Shoot off an email to Musk himself,I doubt he's on boards.

BTW,are u not a bit controlling in not allowing anybody in your family to buy a tesla,do you have that much power over your"family",that's more scary than Musk tbh.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 33,970 ✭✭✭✭listermint

No scruples is the problem here. You literally can't compute someone's moral code to the purchases they decide to make.

That's probably up there with the stupidest comment on boards. What's more it shows nothing more than ignorance of people's choices and why they make them.

Cognitive dissonance....

A normal person would just say. Oh right fair enough that's your choice. Yours to make. I disagree with it because of x. But that's not what you are writing though.

There you go twisting my words again, you're the biggest coward on boards. You can't debate properly so you deliberately misrepresent the points people make. Absolute hypocrite won't buy a Tesla because of Musk but no problem with using Twitter, the company the man actually owns.

☀️

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭Bobson Dugnutt

Of course he is impacting the brand. We can see evidence of that in the States where he has promised to donate money to Trump, even though most republicans will never buy a Tesla or indeed any electric car. I associate him with that sort of spoiled and unhappy libertarian Tech Bros manchild that have become so prevalent.

Couple that with the terribly poor build quality, dated US sedan styling, collapsing resale values, and a glut of better cars from more established brands coming to the market and you have a very difficult few years coming up for Tesla.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,203 ✭✭✭Shoog

I think many of his recent outbursts show he has some degree of mental illness. Been autistic simple doesn't explain much of his behaviour.

He's morphing into the ultimate Bond bad guy before our eyes. Mars ark for the super rich because he doesn't give a damn for the average pleb.

• Advertisement

Yada yada I don't pay for twitter and I was there before the fools hero came along and there when he waltzes off too.

I'm a coward how ? Because I have empathy ? I understand why someone may have a moral code and their decisions in life reflect that ?.

Are you one of those hard man idolises billionaire follow the masculine trope ones? This is boring fella.

The great man theory of history bullshit.

Or he was always that person but just never examined to any degree.

He's now exposed himself buying a platform and making the entire thing about him, shows who he is everyday. Has the power to literally Pin his own tweets even if you block him

On no metric is he still good for the brand and I've said it before I'd be literally concerned for the future of Tesla vehicle manufacturing due to him being lashed to it. He's doing everything in his power to diminish it's standing with little plan other than nonsense harks to fsd and robot taxis or some other waffle.

He's being enabled by hero worship.

same posts by the same posters on this thread from last month. It’s just a repeat.

Couldn’t give a sh1te about the CEO but I do like their cars. One of the best EV’s you can buy irrespective of who’s steering the ship.

See that’s what I don’t understand. Moral code my arse. It’s just personal choice. CEO of VW defrauded millions yet you still have no problem with them?

Anyway, I agree with choice. 👍

Read back to junes bunch of posts. Then a few weeks later the thread gets revived with the same posts.

He’s killing the company.
    Tesla are on a downward spiral.
    tesla are gone.

Same posts, different month.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,532 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Do yo still hold a grudge for the Dane’s on the basis of the Vikings invasion

They're profits have spiralled though. Nothings changed. This thread picks up everytime we have more bad earnings. The reality of earnings haven't lied to date.

Whilst folks may not like it..nothing he's doing demonstrates longevity in plans for manufacturing. They're a cash cow for his personal expenses . Pump shares through waffle announcements sell secretly rinse and repeat.

Same posters... same Elon plan. Nothings changed. What's more is there's no real disputing that's what he is at. So we fall back to false hero worship. The 4d chess spoof.

Nope, but I wouldn’t boycott a brand based on the actions of a CEO. I think it’s hypocritical to boycott Tesla over musk yet smile while buying a VW. That’s hypocrisy IMO.

• Advertisement

Musk has a long history of abusing his workforce and banning unions. That is plenty enough reason to boycott Tesla.

False equivalence, you don't live in the time and the impact is over.

You live now and his impact on the world is tangible.

Whilst I appreciate your response it's a discussion I can disagree with it on the basis that it's a strawman argument

He's arrived in the US capitol today to meet with and listen to nothingyahoo's speech.

A real cool character of solid moral ethically behaviour.

Biggest impact I would say is the shift to short term thinking versus investment in the future

Back in 2019 during the Model 3 ramp, Elon was very much front and centre helping work through issues

I definitely don't agree with all his decisions, but there's no doubt he was engaged with the business and ensuring it's success

There were a lot of investments made then around automation and battery production which were difficult, costly and took a long time to pay off

However, pay off they did and that resulted in Tesla having some of the most profitable production lines if any car company

There doesn't seem to be that same focus on manufacturing efficiency nowadays. There's projects like Optimus but it seems unlikely they'll reap significant returns for years

Everything in the pipeline seems more like an attempt to juice the share price than meaningfully improve the company

So you can ignore the past because it doesn’t affect you. That’s fine.

As I said. I agree with free choice. 👍

Ignore the past? Or wrestle that I had no skin in the game and nothing I do today will change 100 years ago..

I live now. My decisions impact people today and my kids into the future.

Unsure how that reality is hard to understand.

The impact of VW’s emission scandal directly effect the health of people today with cancer causing emission lies.

Yet the Irish still flock to VW like flies on…….

Yeah it is really starting to feel like groundhog day, kinda wishing I'd never started this thread to stop my notifications getting blown up every few months 😭

• Advertisement

I've never had one though. Would them falsifying stuff change my mind ? Probably actually but I've never considered one as a purchase at all.

Advertisement