Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump the Megathread part II - threadbans and mod warnings in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,723 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

• Registered Users Posts: 83,136 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

hey now, under the new landmark scotus ruling those 💩’s might be considered official acts

• Registered Users Posts: 11,381 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

• Registered Users Posts: 19,723 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

They are busy cataloging them up at the National Archives as we speak

• Registered Users Posts: 11,697 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

Add in the comment by one of the Israelis in Netanyahu's inner circle of Harris keeping to her arranged schedule of meetings around the states and not changing it to attend the meeting between Biden and Netanyahu, that it was the difference good and evil. Her statements about the lack of care shown by the Netanyahu Govt to the Palestinian civilian population in its war with Hamas have struck hard with the Israeli Govt.

• Advertisement

Vance has changed his stated position on Trump once already. If the polls suddenly start showing the graphs swinging in favour of Harris, it's entirely possible that Vance might see it to be to his advantage to walk away from Trump and claim that he did so in the national interests of the US, wrapping the Stars and Stripes around himself as it were. They seem to be both as unreliable as each other at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭I.R.Y.E.D

I don't see him walking away, as regardless of any of his "policies" they agree with, he would lose votes for abandoning their idol.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,701 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

You mean... trump could be lying???

*Shocked face*

show us the bullet hole Donald

I know something Lauren Boebert won’t demand proof of

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭amandstu

Why would it matter if he was hit by a bullet or a bit of glass?

The shooter was aiming to kill him.Isn't that enough?

Who would stage a shooting with oneself as the centrepiece?For Trump to be lying now just tells us that he is well and acting normally (lies are in the air he breathes and the gases he exudes or expels)

I would love it to be staged but I can't see any point to it or any practical way it could be done.(it was my first reaction ,how could they miss and be so close? But I quickly changed my mind and it was as genuine as anything can be with Trump)

Has anyone asked Pen and Teller?

• Advertisement

It makes a difference because he says he took a bullet for democracy. Did he? Or is he lying yet again?

I think it's incredible that the only "report" was issued by a disgraced former doctor.

Do we know if he was tested for any mental issues? Being shot might cause PTSD. As a presidential candidate, the public has a right to know.

The expert in rape weighs in....

(Ps - disgusting ****ing racist)

True enough ref the assassin aiming to kill Trump. It's Trump's "I took a bullet for democracy"" exaggeration about the wound he received to his ear during the incident that he may regret if the extent of the actual wound is revealed and is shown to be different to his description, making it appear that he couldn't resist telling a lie to the voters.

His reaction to the fanbase at the time, the raised fist and shout and the photos were really beneficial to his cause. That should have satisfied any sensible person thinking of the PR it would bring his campaign. IMO, he put all that gain at risk with his ITABFD claim. If he did manage to get re-elected, I have no doubt that he would suggest a award for himself of a federal medal apt for some-one who had taken a bullet for democracy.

I don't have any doubt that the assassin meant to kill him and screwed up the task he set himself. The failure of federal and state security agencies to properly protect Trump were something the assassin was unable to take advantage of, lucky for Trump but not his other victims.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Babyreignbow

Watched this earlier, I'm not a ballistics expert but it does suggest that it wasn't a bullet unless of course there's been brain damage that we are unaware of.

The term “tangential wound” is credited to Dodge and Mierowsky in 1952 in their series of Korean War injuries (2). They are classically described as injuries in which the missile does not penetrate the inner table of the skull, but produces significant intracranial pathology.

If a thousand suns were to rise
    and stand in the noon sky, blazing,
    such brilliance would be like the fierce
    brilliance of that mighty Self.”

A week is a long time in politics. He's looking at a long time in politics, after Trump will have left the political stage and maybe the party as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭amandstu

We know he is a lying pos.But even a lying pos can be at the receiving end of a genuine attempt on his life .

True his reaction looks bizarre but I would have to be persuaded that the event as a whole was staged.

That seems impossibly unlikely.

The story now seems to be that the law enforcement who might have seen him had left their posts and gone out looking for the shooter.

His now completely healed ear is a mystery in itself.It is one thing for a bullet to miss his head and hit an ear but another to just graze the ear .

Bizarre all over:-)

If you were to tell me that one of these people is accused of looking like a senile old man and the other draws no such comments, I'd be looking at the guy on the left, who looks like they stuck a suit on a guy from an old folks home to allow him to pretend he's still working in the real world.

Wtf is that hair like? Honestly? It's the worst comb-over I've ever seen?

Compare that to Biden, who looks polished, professional and respectable.

What a bizarre f**king country......

(PS - ear looks absolutely fine to me)

"That seems impossibly unlikely"

Do you want me to list the amount of such things since 2015 involving this guy?

I'm not saying it's staged either. I am saying that we have zero details about his condition after the event. Zero. After an assassination attempt. No official record.

As I said, I think the phrase of taking a bullet for the country is a huge ****ing statement to make. I'm saying that it's not unreasonable to ask for proof, especially when the guy is a notorious liar. And it is not unreasonable to ask for details, especially from a guy who demanded the long form birth certificate of Obama, or medical records from Biden, and who is known for lying about his own medical health.

I think if there were records saying he was shot, trump would have released them by now, even in redacted form .

Anyway, I'll leave it there.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

It wasn't staged.

It was a terrible thing and an awful indictment on the state of the US at present.

The Secret Service screwed up for sure in terms of their lack of overwatch and response times and reaction to the reports of the shooter by local police etc.

What is abundantly clear though is that Trump, as he has done for every single other event in his life , is wildly exaggerating the scale of the incident and is milking this for all the money he can get from it.

How much less money would have been donated to Trumps campaign in the aftermath of the event if the story was "Trump suffered a minor laceration caused by a piece of flying debris during a failed assassination attempt" instead of the whole "I took a bullet for Democracy" schtick?

• Advertisement

Community notes ftw

It's months yet to go to the actual elections and things are getting worse in respect to what happens to people who favour one candidate over the other. A 22 year old man in Hancock, Michigan, tore down Trump signs on an 80 year old man's lawn & when the elderly gent went to put them back up, the younger man drove over him with an SUV. He also damaged the windows and tyres of 2 cars then went home, called the police, told them what he had done, gave them his address and asked them to pick him up. When they arrived, they found him dead from a self-inflicted gunshot wound.

Post edited by aloyisious on

Biden called for civility in his address.

Trump told his people to fight.

I wonder has that anything to do with it?

mental illness clearly played the role in that one. Killing spree suicide special.

Here is Trump at his rally

(While selling a Trump knife no less...)

2024 update - things are different now. Kamala Harris is the other contender for the presidency against Trump. She lies, she's not nice, she's dangerous. Just wait for the debate…. if he has the courage for it. Edit: If the debate goes ahead, there'll be enough security around with both debaters to keep civil disorder from breaking out.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,164 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

When he says aggressively "They want me to be nice" he is referencing his own campaign team not some imaginary foe of his.

A campaign team which includes some fairly accomplished people who know how to run and win elections.

The Wheels could come off the Donald fun business rather spectacularly in the next few weeks.

It will invoke a tantrum of epic proportions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,860 ✭✭✭eightieschewbaccy

The biggest challenge is getting him to refer to his opponent rather than ranting about how mean Biden is.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Maxface

He also has no other material other than hatred, he can't sit there and riff about the good things that he will do for the country because he has never thought of one good thing. All he has is hatred.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,899 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

She started pretty well in 2019 till that debate with Biden, people completely turned off her. I think theres a big risk of that happening again especially when immigration is mentioned as she's been fairly anonymous for the last 4 years

Advertisement