Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vice President Kamala Harris vs Donald Trump 2024

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭Real Donald Trump

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,166 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Harris has to sprint to the finish. She exploded out of the blocks, but can she keep up the pace? Record fundraising, record volunteer recruitment, extraordinary accumulation of a majority of states delegates all within 3 days making her the presumptive DNC presidential candidate.

Historically, the VP partner was not a game breaker, but I wonder if this election will be an exception and an opportunity for a sprinting Harris. The media has reported that VP candidates are now being vetted, with a goal to have a selection and declaration by no later than 7 August; the last day to get their names on all 50 states ballots without a court fight with Republicans.

If the VP is going to impact this short time frame election with 104 days left, and less for early voting states, the need to already be known to voters nationwide is essential, and should also be a candidate that is currently in high office in one of the 7 swing states, who is popular and can bring their state with them.

Furthermore, I do not believe that American voters are ready for 2 women or 2 of color on the same presidential ticket; perhaps someday, but not today.

It would also be beneficial if this VP candidate has known and highly significant military experience, to compensate for Harris having none as CIC.

And it would be grand if this VP candidate exhibited high science and technology knowledge and experience that all voters would already know they had, especially with an exciting view of the future.

Only one VP candidate being vetted by Harris has all of the above considerations and that is Mark Kelly. He is a popular US Senator of swing state Arizona, he was a highly decorated US Navy combat aircraft carrier pilot and officer having flown 31 missions during the Gulf War, and he is well known nationwide as a US astronaut having flown many spacecraft missions for NASA.

And as a couple small footnotes, at 60 Kelly is 18 years younger than Trump at 78. And if Trump tries to gather a sympathy vote from his nicked ear, Mark Kelly’s wife Gabby, who is now campaigning for Harris, was subject to a headshot by an assassins bullet that resulted in her resignation from the US House of Representatives.

So does anyone think that Star Trek Kelly has a chance to be VP?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,599 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

• Registered Users Posts: 11,599 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

I’ll take a stab, it’s a cartoon, a bad one at that. It’s not the gotcha you think it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭Cody montana

2024 National GE, Among Independents:

Harris 54% (+8)
    Trump 46%

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭I.R.Y.E.D

• Registered Users Posts: 36,350 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Yeah that’s quite different to using the “N” word. Want proof? Trump won the 2016 election.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,060 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

Is that a rhetorical question? 😀 I mean yeah ticks a hell of a lot of boxes. If she doesn’t pick him, then either something in his background (very unlikely) or else whoever else gets it was a more strategic pick for certain swing states - he’s been suggested by more than a few people here on boards so the thinking is very similar all round.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭advisemerite

Biden backed Kamala in his Speech to the Americans. He appeared drunk and stumbled over his words. He obviously wasn't drunk.

He claimed at nearly 82 his decision to step down/not be the nominee was to pass the torch 😃. He was obviously pushed out. If he was indeed passing the torch he would have done so 20 Years ago and not to a near 60 year old.

I know Teflon Don is no spring chicken but he's not the one claiming to pass the torch.

Passing the torch, really, who does Biden think he is? Hulk Hogan?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,854 ✭✭✭eightieschewbaccy

He's had a largely successful Presidency and Vice Presidency within the last ten years. Good to see you're handling this so maturely....

• Advertisement

Biden is too old for a second term and did the right thing.

Country over politics.
    Meanwhile.

Trump is now the oldest candidate in history.

Not to mention being impeached twice, attemped an insurrection, was found liable for sexual assault and is a convicted felon.

Kamala is trailing Trump in all betting exchanges and books. She has improved but according to many polls she would lose to Trump if the election was Today. Trump is a great Man.

Given the fact she only became the presumptive nominee on Sunday and is already starting to pass him out in polls. Isn't it great the election isn't today? She has 4 months of momentum which could create a very different picture. 😊

His take no **** personality. He is a Mans Man, his personal wealth, his kindness and so much more. He could buckle like Biden under pressure but he doesn't carry a weak trait.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,060 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

Also to follow is the appointment of her VP and hopefully a successful presidential tv debate which may well not happen as I think Trump will run scared from that - it would mean he would have to talk to a grown up with the ability to crush what he says every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Redliketoast

No but they did riot a lot of cities for weeks burning buildings, destroying property, assaulting bystanders and cops. They also burnt a number of Donald Trump effogies. So yes they were quiet threatening. To ignore all this or downplay it is a little scary tbh. Either you don't know this stuff or you think its ok. I'm assuming you just don't care because it wasn't pro trumpers.

No comment on the blm riots either?

But then yiu wouod have to admit that yes they are the same.

whats weird is the fact i am not saying the far right are any better. You seem to be unwilling to see any negatives in the far left. That is literally what a cult is.

Why are you rushing to judge if someone know what thye are talking about? Why does everyone have to be so hostile here? It seems to be a constant argument rather than a discussion.

So no the republicans didn't start the legal dispute. The initial results were tight and an automatic digital recount took place. That happened. After the recount the results were still really close.

The Gore campaign went to court demanding a manual recount. It went yo florida state court before the supreme court. There was many arguments involving what were legit votes and the way the manual recount was taking place. Bush campaign argued something stupid like the recount was adhoc and was being carried out differently in the affected areas. The legit votes was due to some machines not recording votes. Which brings back my point of, the way they do voting is stupid.

There were man many claims and counter claims. But 100 billion percent, it was a legal process started by the Dems. They had to go to the florida state court initially to start manual recounts.

So Next time stop trying to look to win arguments. Why does any of this have to be an argument?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,203 ✭✭✭Shoog

Kindness is not a quality associated with a man who said let his disabled nephew die. He's certainly not my sort of man's man, I don't look up to sex pests.

Biden didn't do the right thing, he was pushed and only dropped out at the last minute.

His kindness? He doesn't even pay his bills and has run fraudulent charities. He's a rapist so I'd hope that's what most people don't view as a "man's man".... Honestly you're pretty deluded.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Redliketoast

Another Republican stolen election? When was the other one?

See what I mean about both sides being the same. Dems think reps stole that the same way they thought he stole it in 2016.

No difference to him thinking it was stolen in 2020.

Democrat or Republicans, they are the exact same

• Registered Users Posts: 16,679 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

The BLM riots had their own thread I'm happy to comment on (while you're busy whataboutering yourself).

Dems didn't storm capitol hill and try and overthrow the government while wanting to hang the vice president (effigies, really? Did the trump baby balloon trigger you as well?).

Start digging up, youre onto a loser here (well with trump you're always on a loser). You remind me of that lad Pete who debased themselves over Kamala's music knowledge and wouldn't let go of it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,627 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

For your entertainment. Some direct quotes from Trump from his Charlotte rally speech last night.

“They go crazy when I say ‘The late great Hannibal Lecter,’ OK. They say ‘Why would he mention Hannibal Lecter, he must be cognitively in trouble‘. No, no, no. These are real stories, Hannibal Lecter from ‘Silence of the Lambs,’ he’s a lovely man he wants to have you for dinner he’d like to have you for dinner.”

It's already added more the fuel to the fire in the media as to whether Trump is losing his marbles.

There was no riot and the Republicans were the ones complaining about the hanging chads. The two sides are not equal in any way. The election was overturned in the Republicans favour and Gore accepted it.

We have the Iraq war to thank the republicans for after that stolen election.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭ollkiller

A man's man wouldn't dodge army service. So weak. You need a better role model.

….. and disparages injured army veterans, classy guy.

Maybe it wasnt such a smart strategy to focus your whole campaign on attacking a senile old man. Doo.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,423 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Advertisement