Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut Megathread.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭beachhead

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭redmond08

I was hoping this wouldn't be the case. How long from the date you used the switcher did you then contact them & ask what was the hold up? Did they transfer over your balance or did you do that manually?

I was hoping this wouldn't be the case. How long from the date you used the switcher did you then contact them & ask what was the hold up? Did they transfer over your balance or did you do that manually?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭00sully

They botched it so bad I just manually fixed it all. Would recommend doing this all yourself instead of letting them near it.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Re the switching service, I didn't bother and to move our joint account over with direct debits and mortgage payment was simple enough.

Ran the old and new Revolut account for about 2 weeks and once all DDs had gone out, closed the old account.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Justin10

Received an email that cashback will be gone from the 16th September for metal customers.

Also smart delay lounge access gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

Not to worry they will increase the plan prices in October to reflect the changes in what they have taken away to make sure you are paying more for less.

I got the same email. The only positive note is they don't appear to have messed with the travel insurance, or not that I have seen like they did in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭ooter

The bank card I had linked to my revolut account expired the other day so I had to add the details of my new card, since I done it if I try to load money it tells me it will take 1-2 days. Up to now it was always instant transfer, does anyone know how I fix this please?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭Cork2021

hi is anyone using the pay later function with Revolut? I signed up to it and seeing how people have got on with it? Similar to Klarna I assume?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

Sounds like it’s going through as a regular SEPA transfer or their “easy bank transfer” because card payments or payments through Apple/Google pay should be instant. Double check your top up method.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Gooser14

That looks like it is doing an account transfer rather than a card Top-up. When you select Add Money the source will be shown. Make sure it is your card details that is showing. If not select the change button to select your card as the top-up source.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,400 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Have you added the new card to Google Pay? Do that and use Google Pay as your top up method and it should be instant

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Thanks for the replies folks I'll try them later.

It was set for "easy account transfer."

Changed it to the new card number and it's working now.

Thanks for the help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 589 ✭✭✭maik3n

A little query in terms of receiving funds though revolut.

Is there any facility to create some kind of separate vault or virtual account, inside our personal profile? I'm thinking in terms of using revolut for accepting charitable donations for a fundraiser that my colleagues and I in a local tidy towns group were thinking of running next month. We were hoping that we could create some kind of separate vault or virtual account inside someone’s personal profile and use that, along with the mobile number, to accept donations.

At present, if we were to do this, people donating would see

€50.00 paid to Maik3n Jeffries

whereas if there was some kind of vault/virtual account thing,

we could have €50.00 paid to TidyTownsfundraiser2024

It's not a major issue per se but if there was some workaround that would be great.

Post edited by maik3n on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,586 ✭✭✭veryangryman

As a self confessed idiot can anyone give me the gist of pros and cons of switching current wages account to revilit. I'm with them for savings already

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,128 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I switched my salary to it maybe two years ago. I haven't had any issues, so the con that a lot of people have had, customer service, doesn't really come up.

You can't lodge cheques or cash. Doesn't happen often with me, and I have a BOI with my wife, so it's no big deal to move stuff around.

The new flexible cash thing is good. Nice to see some interest going onto an account for a change!

I also have two kids with the Junior cards, which we also find useful. I think there is also some built in insurance when purchasing phones / tablets on the plus plan. All in all, I'm happy with it.

Oh, and I always get paid before all my colleagues. May be just where I work. :-)

Looking for some advice folks, a plumber did some work for me last tuesday, he sent me an invoice and I paid him through revolut, I had used him previously about 18 months ago and paid him through revolut to the exact same number.

He got in touch today to say he hadn't received payment yet, I told him I sent it through revolut on Tuesday and he said he's not on revolut any more and that he included an iban number in the invoice (turns out he did, I hadn't seen it, it was right down the bottom of the invoice).

I got on to revolut and they confirmed the payment went through so I rang the plumber and he said he doesn't use revolut any more because his account was "infiltrated" about 12 months ago. Is it possible for the money to go to his number but land in someone else's account?

Got back on to revolut to report it and it's saying I have to report it to the gardai and then report the fraud to revolut. Am I wasting my time, is the money gone?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭Cork2021

happened to me with a friend recently. He hadn’t used revolut for years and he’s number was still registered with revolut. All he did then was re download the app and re enter some details and the money was there. He withdrew it and closed the account fully then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

If my bank account was hacked or I lost access to it somehow, I'd make sure I got it back or closed down. Bizarre to me that somebody would be like 🤷I don't have access anymore. Oh well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,129 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Paid a plumber by Revolut recently - did it before he left so we could both see it went through OK, which it did, straight away. No faffing around later about whether a payment was made or got to its destination.

Cork2021's suggestion is worth a try, if the money is waiting there in his dormant account and he just has to log in to get it then that's the easiest way of resolving this.

One could say that the money is resting in his account 😉

Post edited by Hotblack Desiato on

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,558 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Can anyone help - this seems to be happening more and more

On a payment page whether I enter the details manually or use Edge/Chrome autofill I keep getting the error that the card number is invalid - doesn't happen with any other card, just Revolut (this is on my desktop). Strangely if I try it on my phone the number is accepted fine

Got sorted last night, the money was in his revolut account when he logged in. Thanks for the suggestions folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,598 ✭✭✭wassie

Boards to the rescue!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,788 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Hi,

I wish to try Revolut Premium account for a month. I don't see any trial offer.

If I cancel the Premium plan after 1 Month, would there be a penalty fee?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,118 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

I'm pretty sure it's a 12month contract so you'd be liable for the full 12 months

Is anyone using RevPoints? I upgraded to premium & was wondering is it worth it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Justin10

I'm using them but just for airline miles.

In just over a month I've collected roughly 4.5k points plus a 2k bonus

I'm on their metal plan, as I use Nord and the financial times, so makes sense, if I didn't get them two subscriptions, I wouldn't be bothered with metal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,227 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

They already have 8m customers in the UK bit the range of services can be expanded now they are a real bank there.

Advertisement