Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2024

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭rubick

Ah fair play, we travel from Antrim and it takes about 4.5 hours. Worst part is trying to get around Belfast on the West Link ffs. We'll probably leave around 10.30am to be there for gates opening on Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭the_gommes

Thanks, that's promising! It's always a slow enough journey in the campervan but I'm going to try to get on the road as early as possible Thursday. I'm dreading the journey home already though!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,792 ✭✭✭Fanirish

lads dressing up/cosplaying as Kurt cobain/Liam Gallagher or Morrisey singing nostalgia pop like is same nonsense as sing along. Probably even worse with the whole dressing up/copying the mannerisms as the lead singers.
    Personally find cover bands at proper music festivals a complete waste. More suitable festivals like forest festival or those 80’s nostalgia festivals. The likes of spring break etc are fine for people’s weddings.

It depends on the band/artist being covered. If there's no chance of actually seeing the band play these days, I'm all for it (e.g. TCM/Harvest/The Complete Stone Roses). Have no interest in seeing a tribute act for someone that actually plays here every fart's end.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

I "think" the site map is usually released a week before so at some point today/tommorow probably, after that it's traffic plans early next week, **** getting real, bring it on…

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭kwat

anyone know where the Bus Éireann buses drop off? Wondering if it’s possible to walk through the car parks to get to the boutique entrance, although not sure if it’s possible to walk from field to field.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭boomshakalaka

On maps and traffic plans,

Last years map is likely a good indicator. The planning submission had a map that was pretty much the exact same as last year and the site layout hasn't changed massively for any of the editions post covid. As festivals go the site is also not huge, even the furthest walk is fairly doable compared to the likes of Electric Picnic.

Traffic is a bit harder to call. We zoomed in for 5pm on the Thursday last year from Galway, but last year we had to buy a separate ticket for early entry so with everyone being able to come on Thursday this year I find it hard to call whether it will be busy or not. Bar the traffic disaster of 2019, it's been managed well for ATN.

Roll on next week!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,303 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Theres a lot of tickets for resale for this on done deal and Toutless every day, I wonder what's driving that? Any other festivals clashing with it? Maybe with EPc being so close and the not so good weather forecast

• Subscribers Posts: 41,614 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Dunno, I just had a look at the last 3 pages of toutless and see a good balance of "sale" and " wanted". With a week to go to the fest it's as busy as I'd expect, but I see no great off loading of tickets in any huge numbers. People plans can be forcedly changed and with a 27k capacity you'd expect a lot of those might find they cannot now go.

I don't do done deal for tix so can't comment there.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭sh89000

Assume last entry is 10pm on the Thursday?

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 12 gorillafrier

Just took the plunge and bought two tickets yesterday, had a great time last year even in the muck. The line up is probably even preferable this year especially the Sunday, can't wait.

Will be keeping an eye on the weather forecast, once it's somewhat dry, it would be great. I think the earlier start for EP has somewhat split the crowd but I would still expect it to be near at full capacity.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,150 ✭✭✭El Director

On the tributes thing, if anyone ever saw The Buzzlovers (Nirvana), Just Radiohead or Shaddow Play (Joy Division) absolutely no one would be complaining about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭sh89000

Im not a huge guy for tribute bands…i could stick a nirvana etc one....a band i cant actually see live.....but being in and /or attending Oasis tribute bands should be a criminal offence and all hard drives checked

For a lot of my friends harvest were the highlight of forest fest.

I've no issue at all with good tribute acts, and I think they have their place at certain festivals.

Like it or not, they draw a large crowd of like minded people

• Registered Users Posts: 10,775 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

These Charming Men were class at Forest Fest too.

Another relatively positive weather update from Carlow Weather

They're class. We went to see them in naas a few months back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Just rechecked, it was in Judge Roy Beans in newbridge actually, back in march.

The day England beat us in the rugby, TCM were the perfect pick me up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Dreamweapon

For a long time going to Thumper's gigs there'd be a point where they'd play some awful pop-punk song that sounded like Blink 182 or Wheatus that the crowd would go mad for and singalong with. I'd be stood there wondering 'what the hell is this crap?!!!!' It was years before i discovered it was Bedingfield's 'Unwritten'! It's still the lowpoint of their set for me. Like when Orbital do the Bon Jovi/Belinda Carlisle nonsense🙄

Big on the all mouth and trousers scene

• Registered Users Posts: 10,430 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 6 festivalhun

We have been getting podpad emails from info@rtdlhtl.createsend7.com .. you have to enter a code into ticketmaster to get a QR code to enter glamping now apparently. Anyone else getting these mails?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

Catching up on the thread even though I'm not going this year (first time absent since it started).

Well jealous of those making the pilgrimage. If it's your first time, you'll have a blast, best festival on the market. Enjoy everyone….I'll be thinking of you from K'Gari!

Back next year!

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Landers11

Weather forecast looking positive. Please God.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,792 ✭✭✭Fanirish

gemma dunleavy playing on Thursday on the bandstand

• Registered Users Posts: 4,150 ✭✭✭El Director

that's a shame dude, thought I'd miss this year myself but I've managed to swing it (all going well!) I even cleared a bad dose of Covid this week!

Any other (soon to be) 5 year vets out there??

• Registered Users Posts: 10,430 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Not going myself this year.. First time missing it.

If i can pick up a cheap ticket i will, but i couldnt make myself buy a full price ticket ticket, as imo the line up , overall, is weak…

Hope the weather is kind to yee all travelling to it.

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,543 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Where'd you see that? She did it last year, was good fun and I'd go see her again to be fair but just strange to have the exact same act doing it twice. Also saw in ATNs most recent Instagram about the AVA stage they've added 2 or 3 Irish djs to that stage, don't seem to be on the app yet though?

Yep another 5 timer here, haven't missed one yet! The lineup, crowd, location, time of year etc suit me perfectly and it's one of few events now I plan for every summer!

Advertisement