Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline: Thread with no name, Host with no shame

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭TinyMuffin

a burial at sea.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭johnbarrett35

Cardinals are princes of the Church, Joe, not bishops.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭calculator

**** nutjobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭allenview

When I think of it now,mcsavage had joe of to a tee

We can't judge paedophiles 🙄

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭golondrinas

Rape is rape no matter where it is carried out .Just because some guy in a frock emitted some mumbo jumbo words over a building should not make a whit of difference. Bricks are bricks. Leave him in the crept and move on.Ignoring him would have a more profound effect. This is just attracting the extreme rosary clutchers out of the woodwork.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,603 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

the certainty of people ringing in about still-born babies and suicide will keep Joe erect and this topic going

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭pjordan

Point of Order: Galway is not an archdiocese. Tuam is the archdiocese

• Registered Users Posts: 9,223 ✭✭✭squonk

We called her Tírlán! Is that OK? 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 24,098 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

The rosary clutchers were the whole problem in the first goddamn place!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭tohaltuwi

could they not erect a mini headstone when they could afford it?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,350 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

I have heard literally nobody..…nobody, talk about this subject or the TV programme apart from dis show

Pulse of de nation me hole !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭LambshankRedemption

And as a result, I am out.

Dear Kevin Back-hurts, The only source of revenue you get from me, is me listening to the ads on RTE. When Joe goes on a Jihad like this topic, you even lose that. No wonder you need government funds to keep the lights on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Brian Scan

Soft-voiced mumbling. Classic Big Guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,649 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Your quick reaction...hopefully the jaysus end of this topic.

Oh

She's finished.......FINISHED !!!!

What a rebel !!!!!!

no need caller to ring and bore us with your new found views of the catholic church. I don't care

• Registered Users Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭golondrinas

well thanks for clearing that up I wouldn’t have slept a wink.

text da bishop 'i'm out'

• Registered Users Posts: 7,343 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Joe .. you are the only person worried about Casey in the crypt.

Let him rot away

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭LetticebCivil

Woman who gave up the church on a Wednesday renounces the Church and lectures others of a Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,640 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

so she was a fully signed up believer and participant in the RCC until Monday evening … and now she wants to preach to us all?

What a Chancer. GTF off the air.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,649 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

A workmate tried to "leave" the church before and wanted them to delist him from the baptism records but they wouldn't do it.

Have you taken in anyone yourself caller ?

Her and her husband constantly looking for parochial houses not being used.

Wat ??

• Registered Users Posts: 15,640 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

I suppose next up she will join the local mosque and parade around in the full regalia - preaching to us all how we are sheep ???

ah caller, your mask has slipped. you and your husband driving around looking for empty priest houses. no agenda there …

• Registered Users Posts: 9,223 ✭✭✭squonk

Its time to stop this now. As I said previously I decided the church wasn’t for me and that’s fine. Using a national radio show to incite hatred against any person or organisation isn’t on though. The church might deserve it but if you feel there are issues, political or legal courses are tge way to go, not mob law or kangaroo radio courts.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,778 ✭✭✭leath_dub

you're done, Missus - is that what ypu say?

That makes two of us - what a crock of sh1te - I'm off

Duffy is nothing but a sh1t stirring, rabble-rousing pr1ck!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭tohaltuwi

a young neighbour of ours became a psychiatrist, and had a friendship with my mother in that he would consult her when he was feeling bad himself. One time he expressed the dreadful difficulty he had when dealing with paedophiles and it was part of his job at the time, and he felt like giving up the job. My mother framed it to him that the brain is not yet well-enough understood and there might be a biological force driving it. She advised if he was to continue his career he would have to make room for it but to have some doubt that it is entirely the fault of the individual however difficult this might prove, or else perhaps make a career move to another completely different area of interest. He agreed that knowledge was lacking and there could be a biological driver.

That was just a proposition to help a lovely guy keep his career and pay his mortgage.

Advertisement