Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick GAA Discussion Part 2

Options
1205206207208209211»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Knockdromin

Did I though? Read what I said again. I asked the question and gave an answer on who the favourites will be next year. And I stated that the current champions are the ones with the target on their backs. It’s their title to lose afterall.

Being favourites is pretty much meaningless and guarantees sweet fcuk all anyway. Didn’t even get Limerick to the final this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,704 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Going into 2025, it’ll still be Limerick with the targets on their back if their squad stays relatively the same. All other teams will be thinking that.

One team beat Limerick twice, one team lost twice to Limerick. Which one is currently enjoying the celebrations and homecoming’s?

There’s no prize for beating Limerick. It’s all about lifting Liam and Clare are currently in possession of the trophy. It’s theirs to lose and they’ll fully expect to defend that title next season.

I don’t believe they will feel unduly pressured by that target being on their back, whether you like it or not that comes with the territory of being champions. Teams will also want to beat Limerick but Clare were the best team in the championship this year. It was no fluke, they didn’t have an easy path (as has often been stupidly suggested about 2013), they’re a serious outfit and anyone who watched their games with Limerick in 2022 and 2023 knows there’s very little between them. They now have the added experience of having now won the championship.

Give them the respect that they have more than earned.

Believe me, I respect Clare as much as anyone but there’s a reality to this. Limerick are the top dogs on paper

Yes teams might see Clare as a chance to take a scalp off the All-Ireland Champions but my god beating limerick is the big one

I can assure you that not a single Clare person gives a shyte that they didn’t beat Limerick this year and not a single Cork person wouldn’t immediately trade the two wins over Limerick for the win on Sunday. Limerick aren’t the centre of the hurling universe - Liam McCarthy is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

Munster will be insane next year with the 3 big dogs (Clare/Lim/Cork) all in one group. If Waterford are good or better it will be madness. The one big unknown is where Tipp will stay down or if there's a bounce back.

I know they don’t give a **** they didn’t beat limerick. And yet everyone going into next year would love to beat limerick as much as anyone else

It’ll be a minefield once again for sure. The other fella going nuts trying to deflect and saying Clare are the ‘top dog’ essentially favs is ridiculous though

Advertisement