Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vice President Kamala Harris vs Donald Trump 2024

Options
1495051525355»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭paddyisreal

Trump and co will have a strategy for Harris they ain't as stupid as people think on here. As you said it's early yet .

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Theright1

Alot of the time his "insults" are based in fact and have some merit, not all but a good lot of em. But its no more than the left do the democrats are just as guilty of these attacks but for some reasons believe they are entitled to do so, this idea that the left are righteous and saint like is ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,849 ✭✭✭✭briany

Do you have any claims to make against mods or ordinary users regarding the circumstances of your ban?

If you want to continue with silly taunting, go to the journal.ie or something. If you want to participate in serious good-faith discussion about, and sharing news of, the upcoming US elections, you'll likely last as long here as everyone else prepared to do the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,501 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

The site would be so much better if they could just leave people too it unless it becomes a **** slinging match where no one is making an points and its just personal insults. But no the first sign of any bit of needle and ban hammer is out its so over the top and ruins good arguements.

I'm sure the mods will be taking your suggestions on board and you will enjoy a long and productive career posting on Boards in your new incarnation…

• Registered Users Posts: 3,940 ✭✭✭Flaneur OBrien

They definitely use the term "W@nkers" less than their right wing counterparts…

• Advertisement

Well what would you call someone whos tactics are to get anyone that they disagree with banned? You'll live.

The only claim id make is anyone that is pro-trump seems to be banned, regardless of there debate style… they seem to search a little harder for a reason. Im just saying its detrimental to the site as a whole that there can be no bit of fire or needle in a debate.

People are so sensitive on here i used the word "w@nker" and they still go on about it i mean christ stop the presses!

Dont take my word for it tho run a poll or make a thread you ll soon see that im not the only that thinks this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,940 ✭✭✭Flaneur OBrien

I'd call them pretty much anything else? How about trying to not get yourself banned? I know it's too late for this, as you will be banned as re-registering to get around a ban is a ban.

If right wingers could keep the insults down, and maybe tried not to lie and misrepresent, they wouldn't keep getting banned?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,679 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

The strategy will be personal attacks and attempts at a nickname.

In normal times, politicians would turn to policy to make gains, but they are bereft of them.

So, it will be a stupid strategy, but it may work anyway (in which case does it being stupid really matter?).

I'm interested to see what October surprise they manufacture this time.

(And expect to see the phrase "migrant crime" a lot, even though there's very little of it).

Lets be fair now the left supporters insult just as much on here, they just get away with it more you have to admit now the rules are alot harsher on people that support the right.

But you ll have that people get heated in debates so long as its not excessive or over the top personal then it should be let go for the sake of discussion, but its not its overly harsh and overly modded. Like it must be frustrating on the other side to be debating with someone only for them to be banned before you could make a point.

I may be strong in my views but im never malicious or overly personal with anything i say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83,131 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

In summation of his political views, Vance seems to think you're 3/5ths of a person if you don't allow the government to force you to carry a rape baby to term?

Abortion should be availible but it should be stringent and only in very select circumstances, it shouldnt be used willynilly and nearly as a last ditch form of contraception….

There are, in fact, a number of either pro-Trump posters or even just ones who don't think his election would be a negative development, and while I would have disagreements with them, we can still have a civil debate.

Be civil and mature and I predict you'll get along here just fine.

Well anyone ive debated with on here on the other account i would class as civil granted there ll be digs here and there that are personal but hardly malicious i dont think ive seen anyone on here worthy of a ban, even the people that have thrown backhanded insults at me cause they disagree with me i wouldn't be looking for them to be banned for such ridiculous stuff.

Its just part and parcel of online debating, the scope for whats classed as "uncivil" is very very strict.

I know and plenty have pm'd me warning me that certain users go out of there way to try get people banned for there views, thats a bad state of affairs… and terrible for open discussion.

The rule here is engage the post, not the poster. Once you do that, I rarely see people get banned unless they're posting flagrant disinformation or something like that. If you want discussion which allows for digs at people, go to Twitter or YouTube comments or something that has little to no moderation.

I got banned for being pro Trump originally nothing at all to do with personal insults simply expressed my views and wanted him to win, this upset left supporters and i was therefor banned not a single insult except those leveled at me.

The scenario is usually they express support for trump, get set upon by the usual lefties and then get banned is usually the cycle on here, and you aren't being honest if you say this isnt the case because believe me ive it well tried and tested lol.

The idea that the moderation is good here and working is not the case unfortunately.

A new user here that supports Trump will be immediately banned as a Re-reg without any prove at all you ll see the welcome "new user" from the usuals which is a direct attempt to get that person banned and alot of the time successfully so especially if they have the unpopular opinion on the thread.

Good documentary on you tube "Investigating Trump, Project 2025 and the future of the United States | Four Corners" gives a good balance on his run for president and the impact it could have.

Watching it now he is abit of a fuckin idiot all the same lmao I laughed out loud at the "2000mile long moat with crocodiles and snakes on the boarder"

• Registered Users Posts: 38,428 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Is the American voter ready for a non-white female nominee? Hilary Clinton lost to Trump so I don't think so. They need another candidate, preferably a male to prevent Trump getting in again.

It's not that voters will switch to Trump, they just won't go vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,600 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Wait, you know Clinton IS white. And even at that, her race had no bearing on her losing the election.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 lilith7

If she wins, its likely to be very interesting. I can't see the Trump supporters taking a defeat well, which could mean trouble if they decide to claim that 'the election was rigged' & protest ,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,650 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Its great that those who can't tell you what a woman is are voting for Kamala because she's a woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,131 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Advertisement