Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vice President Kamala Harris vs Donald Trump 2024

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭Shoog

You should have finished with IMHO since your are unable to support your vacious claims.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,502 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

I thought Trump might select a more centrist VP so he could expand his base,

Seems he was so confident he'd beat Biden he didn't think he needed to take stuff like that into account and instead went for a hyper-ambitious, politically unprincipled young guy he had taken a shine to for some unaccountable reason…

• Registered Users Posts: 40,169 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Haley absolutely shredding her credibility whilst giving a giant fúck you to the people who supported her in an interview on CNN yesterday.

A significant portion of them will either not bother voting or defect to Harris.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,967 ✭✭✭Flaneur OBrien

You're calling her "scummy". I'm inviting you to give examples, likewise the "scummy behaviour of the left" and "have been terrible leaders" - how? Give examples.

You were the one here cribbing about rightists being banned, but I'm inviting you to debate, I'm not going to construct your argument for you.

• Advertisement

It was the Cha-Ching of $$$ billionaire donars that did it guv.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭thatsdaft

Then why Republicans blocked Bidens proposal to spend more on the border

• Registered Users Posts: 30,318 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

It's pretty discrediting when there's MAGA propaganda dumps about the 'left' bring in power ignoring that the Republicans are in power, they control the House, and the Senate is tied.

Republicans are responsible for enabling almost all the things they are complaining about, or blocking attempts to remedy them.

Trump was the one who left Afghanistan in a mess, releasing 5000 Taliban fighters who were held as prisoners, destabilising the country… he did a great job in his 4 years of preparing the Afghan government to stand on its feet didn't he.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,763 ✭✭✭LambshankRedemption

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Redliketoast

Wow……

Border encounters:

Illegal immigration is at an all time high. No, border encounters at their highest levels do not mean illegal immigration is down. It means it is up.

https://homeland.house.gov/2023/10/26/factsheet-final-fy23-numbers-show-worst-year-at-americas-borders-ever/

Salary increases higher than inflation:

Salary increase lead to inflation fwi. Aside from that, you are also wrong.

Inflation under Trump was about 2%. Salary increase were modest.

Inflation under Biden was about 9%. Salary increases were much higher.

Spending power under Trump was much higher as the higher salaries under Biden were offset by higher inflation.

Details available on Federal Reserve Economic Data and Bureau of Labor Statistics if you are intersted.

Homicides are down:

Under Trump

2017-2019: Homicide rates were relatively stable, around 5.3 per 100,000 people.

2020: There was a significant spike in homicides, with rates increasing by nearly 30% to about 6.5 per 100,000 people.

Under Biden

2021: Homicide rates remained high, with little change from the elevated levels of 2020.

2022-2023: Mixed trends, with some areas seeing declines but overall rates remaining higher than pre-2020 levels.

So Under Biden, Homicide rates are not down. They are down on Trumps final year but remain higher than his overall term.

Stats available on FBI Uniform Crime Reporting

Stock market:

Market growth grew at a faster and stronger rate under Trump

Market growth continued at a slower but steady pace under Biden

All of your claims are not based on fact

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,003 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Harris isn't in power.

Biden is generally seen as a centrist, not traditionally left.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭thatsdaft

Who keeps opposing gun control which would bring homicide rates to what normal developed countries like Ireland have

True or false: The Republicans control the House of Representatives, and are tied in the Senate with Democrats for seats.

Almost all of the the things you are ranting about are in the domain of Congress as much as the Presidency.

The lie comes from MAGA Republicans trying to blame Democrats for the border, when Trump had his lickspittles in Congress block the bill on the border… a bill which would have increased funding, a bill which had the backing of border patrol union… a bill containing measures which Republicans on the committee called for. But then they got their orders from Trump and had to bend the knee like the obsequious toads they are.

Trump is best mates with Netanyahu and his advice to him was to get the job done faster, and you're pretending to be concerned about Democrats policy on the Middle East! Utterly unconvincing.

I don't need to lie, the facts and evidence shows that the Democrats are the "grown ups" trying to govern responsibly.
    And the Republicans are stacked with immature macho frat heads, racists, fascists, stooges and lickspittles.
    Anyone with a backbone who doesn't bend the knee to Trump, like Pence the fascists threaten and drive out.
    So instead as VP pick there is now a fascist stooge Vance.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,424 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

This. Exactly this. And without the condescending 'Google it' bullshit.

YOU made the claim, YOU have examples, or we default to it being bullshit.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

You want posters to show that: "you are capable of speaking negatively and honestly about the left and the democrats."

Well, if you think that's important, can you dig us out the posts where you show that:
    You are capable of speaking negatively and honestly about the right and the republicans and Trump.

But of course, you won't be able to produce those posts will you? Because your posts are just exercise in dumping MAGA slogans, discrediting your own declared 'standards'.

So take your own advice. And if you won't take your own advice, then why should anyone else.

@Theright1

do you need me to list out the scummy things Harris has done?

So?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,424 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

None of these are 'scummy things Harris has done', they are points about Biden's presidency, and you know it.

Unfounded lie, no evidence to back up claim, just expecting people to believe it "because...."

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

You offered to tell us the scummy things Harris has done. I am not aware of any. Please enlighten me.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭I.R.Y.E.D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,643 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Why? The only thing relevant to this thread is how Kamala Harris compares to Donald Trump - and in terms of scumminess Donald wins hands down. There are plenty of things that the left can and do criticise Harris for, but I suspect you’re not really interested in hearing what they are, you just want people to name one thing so you can go on about how both sides do bad things while ignoring the fact that one side does it about 500 times more often.

• Advertisement

Nope, we are waiting on your to provide these alleged posts where you:
    You are capable of speaking negatively and honestly about the right and the republicans and Trump.

For starters, seeing as you were so concerned about the border earlier, you could give us your opinion on Trump ordering his lickspittles in Congress to block the border bill, a bill which originally had bi-partisan support, had been ok'd by Republicans in committee, and contained measures they and border patrol unions had looked for.

Advertisement