Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ballymore Sea Gardens - Bray

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 477 ✭✭browne_rob5

Yeah I get the Dart fairly infrequently these days as mainly wfh but never noticed it being jammed. The one that leaves Bray just before 8 is busy but no issue with getting on all along the line and it empties out along the way as the school kids get off.

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭spillit67

It’s just the same old nonsense from locals who don’t want change. Snarky messages posted about flood plains by people who don’t have a clue. I’ve seen it as well with regards to Woodbrook.

The reality is that the Bray- Shankill corridor is getting a lot of housing of all typologies and demographics which is going to bring a lot of money to the area. There is significant excess capacity there for development on the coast specifically where this is happening- largely due to the fact that two golf courses, a cemetery and a public park have dominated the land.

Honestly I suspect the same people will be moaning if and when the Luas is extended to Bray.

There is more of a point with Greystones. More so because the single line trains and frequency is a major challenge. And coastal erosion is a real and pending concern from Bray to Greystones.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Lefty2Guns

I get the DART from Bray most week days. Usually between 7 and 7.30. Never an issue getting a seat in the morning, regardless of time of year. On the way home it's a different story as I'm boarding at Lansdowne Road, I've never had a problem getting on. Getting a seat is another story though but generally ok after Dun Laoighre.

Having lived in London and having to get the tube daily, now that's another ball game altogether.

Even in London it is not what it once was. The Northern Line is still pretty bad but that was horrendous beforehand. Worrying about seats is certainly a way to indicate that we aren’t getting as much out of our mass transit system as we should!

Commuter times have stretched out and wfh have decreased. I think the NTA have noted an overall 12% decrease inbound trips. Overall public transport trips are back to 95% of where they were but you have to remember population has increased. People seem to be using transport more now in a multi modal / non car sense that the €2 fare was designed for which is great.

We’ve almost got the effect that people wanted for years

As a weirdo who likes to mix it up between the bus, Luas and DART (and the occasional drive), the changes are notable.

The DART was never as bad as the Luas Green Line (pre and even post capacity upgrades). The one issue would be Wednesday school sports days with kids with bigger bags.

I think the Green Line will come under pressure though again soon enough given Cherrywood. And if and when it goes to Bray, that’ll be tough. Though I suspect a lot of Bray users would he those looking to get to Sandyford.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 freddiethefrog

Looks like this discussion has gone off topic. It's about Sea Gardens development, not transport review.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Supernaturalxo

Hi all,

We have been told snagging was the end of August. We have now been told it won't be until the end of September. Has anyone else had a delay? We haven't heard much on what is causing the delay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Betty08081

Are you in the first phase? We were told end August but haven’t heard any update.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34 bafled

I bought a 3 bed in the second phase and have been told end of September for snagging, can't see that happening.

We are not actually sure. Do you know what house numbers are in the first or second phase? We are In the row of all 4 beds if that helps. The delays were not communicated to us, we had to reach out to confirm that snagging for end of August was stilling going ahead.Thats when we were told it won't be until the end of September now.

Are you the the row numbered 57 - 62?

I'm in row 63-73.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 elsablake

Visit the store frequently and perhaps even make a few purchases. Get to know the employees and let them know how much you appreciate the products they are currently selling.

Yes, we are in row 57-62. Did they give you more information on snagging?

We have been told snagging mid September now. But there still seems like there is a lot to be done.

I was over yesterday to have a look and there is a lot still to be done and I would imagine a lot of the workers are on holiday this month too, I would say October-November seems more likely.

We got to see inside the house two weeks ago when the floor company measured. There was still a good bit to do inside the house and none of the backgardens had the boundary walls done. Hopefully they have done more since then. Fingers crossed there is not a huge delay.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 fullerman

Hey @bafled, looks like I'm in the same row as you. When were you told snagging would be end of September? I only went sale agreed in June and was told Nov/Dec for snagging although I'm still expecting something closer to Jan/Feb.

The Estate Agent from Dillon Marshall told us end of September about 6 weeks ago, but I think your timescale seems more realistic, what Estate Agent are you buying from?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 fullerman

Hmm, that's interesting, I'm going through Savills. Will let you know if I get any further updates through them.

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭inigo

I'm going through Savills, row 40-56, mid November.

Transport is highly relevant to this development and a repeated objection by many to the new apartments that just got permission.

Advertisement