Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2024

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

I've enjoyed reading the posts about what people are planning on heading to so here's my current plan of attack…. Serious business is the acts I'll go see even if none of my crew are heading along. Looking doubtful I'll get anyone along to Kink but I'm working on it!

Friday…

The serious business is from 7pm: Glass Beams / Ben UFO / Confidence Man / Kiasmos / maybe a bit of Backstory / Kolsch

Earlier on, show up for throw-in at 2pm in the Canbium Club with Donal Dinneen and his dance to remember, then some random wandering til Glass Beams.

Saturday…

The serious business: Le Boom / Floating Points / Kink

Less "must see" acts but plenty of good stuff to keep me busy. If I'm up, Panti Bliss vs Earthman Bob at lunchtime is a difficult one - perhaps I'll catch some of both. I'll be spending most of the rest of the time going between the Lost City, AVA and Cambium Club (or keeping people company at something they're interested in). Fingers crossed JWY doesn't clash too badly with Le Boom although looks like she will. I may end up at Gorgon City late night although more to hang with mates than them being first choice.

I'd love to see The National and Roisin but was at their 3Arena and Olympia gigs in last 12 months. Not seen Floating Points or Kink in several years so prioritising them.

Sunday…

The serious business: Tommy T / Oxn / Mano / Mathman / Kalkbrenner

Also I'll definitely be wandering around Ping Pong Disco and ELG more than is mentioned above

And if anyone knows any DJs who'll be playing 90s dance, or DnB / jungle, let me know!

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Dunph

Re: gazebos/awnings/tents there's rules against them but seem more honoured in the breach than the observance, the campervan area is lousy with extra tents, gazebos, standalone and fixed-to-van awnings. I'd leave it until the evening to set anything up as there will be some light checks while vans are being parked (same with gas, don't fire anything up til saturday) and you should be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,003 ✭✭✭endainoz

Sounds like glass beams and confidence man will pull big crowds on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,907 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Reckon Confidence Man could pull the biggest crowd of the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

On the wrong stage to get the biggest crowd. The likes of The Prodigy will be bigger, right? It’ll be a busy one though… I’ll have to skip the last 30 minutes of Ben UFO I reckon.

I assume no way they’d be moved to Main Stage this close to kickoff?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Dreamweapon

Went to 2019/22/23. Pick of the bunch for me was 2022, then 2019 with last year being the least enjoyable due to lack of vibe compared to previous two years (i don't blame the weather for this, it just felt slightly more corporate and there was too much downtime with no music happening).

Previous years were just me and one other, this year will be the first one we'll have our core group of three plus one more so i'm expecting even more laughs than usual. Music wise will mainly be whatever catches my ear. Most acts i'd be interested in i've seen before and none of them would be faves of mine but i'll be thinking of Slowdive, Just Mustard, Prodigy, Glass Beams, Confidence Man, Hot Girl, Shark School, Cardinals, Oxn, Chalk, Wailers. Late night options? Hopefully something will tickle my ears and tweak my noggin but i have my doubts.

Still, PMA eh?!😁

Big on the all mouth and trousers scene

• Registered Users Posts: 4,150 ✭✭✭El Director

had no real intention of see these guys but then watched them at Glastonbury and thought, “okay, that would be fun!” So I’m looking forward to seeing them. As the weather will be better this year the lovely days stage should be a much better spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭rubick

Have seen Confidence Man 4 times in the last three years so giving them a swerve this year, they are great value though.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭jellybeano

Have a blast everyone. It’s myself and Mr. jellybeano’s first year missing ATN 😢 Our crew have dwindled sadly and life had gotten in our way this year.

2018 was amazing indeed. The main stage got going at midday. Haai in the Road to Nowhere tent and in Arcadia on the Sunday was a standout memory. Eclair Fifi and Haai were having the best buzz on Arcadia. Great to see the girls go for it 💪 There were a few gaps in the scheduling alright, but people found soundsystems and danced on tables at bars on the Main Street. Always a good sign when people are dancing on tables 😂 2022 was also stand out year too. Everyone was very excited to be back in a field doing what they love doing 🥳 Both years had glorious weather 😎

BTP scratched that festival itch for me this year. Hoping to get back to Curraghmore in 2025. Looking forward to hearing all the reviews. Happy packing everyone🤘🏻

Yeah, should have worded it better. Meant biggest crowd in relation to stage size. Reckon should have been Main Stage.

Not gonna move them at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Ruanmcg

Nice list mate. Earthman bob is a friend of mine, I'm actually his photographer for the performance hence getting a free ticket haha. Probably slim pickings for Jungle/DnB. Rob Rua who runs an amazing jungle label is playing but he did a similar slot last year and think he just played garage. There's a DJ called biteslice who I saw at Fuinneamh a couple years ago playing the Ealú stage, when I saw her she was playing like mad jump up DnB (I think, I'm no dnb head but the tunes were mental).

Mathman might pump out some hardcore/jungly bits, think most of his new album is that sorta vibe but I saw him at BTP and he just played a load of speed garage, which was whopper in fairness. Last year at Arcadia on Thursday they played a load of DnB, think they were like the Arcadia resident DJs or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭Stillill42

I must say buddy, I'm no fan of dance or electronica really in general but I do love hearing somebody who knows what they're talking about discussing music. I'd say your contributions have been a big help to lots of people in here.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭boomshakalaka

Thanks for all of this, not that my list of favourites needed to be any longer, but I can't pass on a bit of DnB or adjacent

Edit to add: just checked the app and Biteslice is billed as Drum + Bass Dj 👌👌

Ah thanks Stillill42! Hope so , to be honest I love these threads. Most of my festival-going crew don't really care too much about the acts (more focused on the session) and they probably get sick of me hockying the group chat out of it with music talk… I lurked on the EP threads for years when I first started going and always found the veteran boardsies convos great. And sure what else would you be doing mid day in a public sector office job

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭homosapien91

So after what can only be described as one of the worst years of my life - close family member diagnosed with a terminal illness so really wasn't sure how things were going to end up, we got some good news recently in that the treatment is working to keep things under control and everything is stable at the moment 🙏

We've had tickets since last year but just weren't sure if we would could go or not but with everything going well at the moment we have made the decision to go! I think 3 days in a festival bubble is exactly what I need and I am buzzing. So much I want to see but my schedule at the moment looks a bit like this:

Friday - The Devlins, James Vincent McMorrow, Confidence Man, Kiasmos

Saturday - Bruch on the Bandstand, Prymary Colours, David Kitt, Mary Wallopers, The National, Kink/KKC and hopefully catch the end of Gorgon City

Sunday - Tommy Tiernan, The Wailers, Mano Le Tough, Barry Cant Swim, The Prodigy

Probably wont get to see all of those but I will try my best, the main thing is I get to let my hair down after a horrible 6 months :D

Delighted you got some good news and will be able to attend! Sounds like the festival bubble is well deserved

• Registered Users Posts: 5,543 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

This thread has just been brilliant the past few days!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 elleinad76

We’re making our way down from Laois for our 1st ATN. We’re so excited after reading all of your comments on this thread. We’ve been to most EP’s but it’s just not the same for the past couple of years. If you’ve any suggestions on where to explore I’d appreciate it. Looking forward to discovering new music & meeting new people.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,589 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Would be cool having a Frank Toodle stage.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Hank the DJ

The Last city has a bit of a Salty dog feel about, great little place with good cocktails.

Actually, no it's terrible, tell everyone you meet to avoid it like the plague, full of Trump supporters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

What do yous think the Thursday turnout will be like? I had booked an airbnb nearby Thursday night with the intention of heading in Friday AM like last year but I'm getting nervy now thinking tons are gonna arrive Thursday and I'll be pushed away from the decent spots... my friends are dividing between Thursday and Friday so also the worry we won't all be together. Overthinking it probably.

Last year there was a decent amount of people there on the Thursday, but you had to buy a separate ticket and it was seen as like an add on. This year it's covered by your festival ticket so I assume there'll be a lot more people. I wouldn't worry though, I don't think the campsite is big enough for a bad spot to be really detrimental to your weekend. Some others might disagree. But if you're coming in Friday morning be grand, lot of people still working and coming down after I'd imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭BikesKilleen

With the forecast looking promising and early entry open to all, it could potentially be fairly busy come Thursday evening I reckon!

Will be leaving Dublin at 8am on the Friday with the hopes of getting a decent spot as we’ve a fairly large 8-person tent to setup this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Coz

If you have a gang arriving on the Thursday and they can stay up till say 11ish they should be able to politely commandeer space for your Friday arrivals (given that last admission is 10pm).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,543 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

I was surprised how many people were there on Thursday last year! It was significantly more than the Thursday the previous year which was dead quiet. I'd be expecting more again this year. But unless you've a massive group of tents I wouldn't say it would be an issue getting a camping space.

Is there anywhere that is considered a bad place to camp ala Jimmy Hendricks at EP? (obviously won't get even close to being that type of crowd). The entire campsite seemed fairly relaxed any time I've walked through apart from a few larger groups with speakers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭rubick

Going to leave an hour earlier than usual, kind of expecting a lot more people around on Thursday afternoon.

Yeah, enjoyed the quiet Thursdays in recent years as got in free with CV Parking ticket.

Wandering around site but staying basically around Bandstand and taking advantage of small queues at Guinness Bar was lovely.

Yeah in my experience the campsite is relatively tame. Everyone is sound and as you say there's nothing even approaching the behaviour you'd see at Jimi Hendrix. I never saw anyone completely bollixed, people seem to know what they're doing in terms of substance intake. There's always gona be a few groups up all night playing tunes but not many and vast majority are tucked in by 5am I'd say. Never noticed any difference in different sections of the campsite either

• Registered Users Posts: 7 elleinad76

• Advertisement

Campsite wise I don't think you can really go wrong. I'd probably avoid camping near the shops area for the usual reasons, but also it seemed to be a smidge lower than other areas of the campsite so with the mud last year it was certainly the messiest part of the campsite I could see. Also obligatory don't camp next to the loos for smelland door banging reasons ( we did one year and the sound of banging portaloo doors has been deeply ingrained in my memory)

Advertisement