Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭NickNickleby

Ah, he's only a little boy. Some plank from "morketing" probably told him the answer is "strawberry tree".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭RoTelly

Cadbury's dub all ads on Irish TV or channels selling ads in the Irish market.

______

Just one more thing .... when did they return that car

Yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Stephen_Maturin

The Honda radio ad with that “Lucky, lucky, lucky me I’m a lucky son of a gun” song with all the whistling holy fûck it’d go right through your skull

• Registered Users Posts: 9,226 ✭✭✭squonk

The stupid tampax ad with the news broadcast banging on about flows and one male presenter who makes a relevant point then getting the condescending “well done” from the ladies. Scutter!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,814 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

LOL they totally failed in their advertising. Hyundai not Honda ;-0. Even worse it you live in France you get the same lyrics that are in English

In fact they use the same song and lyrics the world over there is even a version in Tamil.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Stephen_Maturin

Hahah there ya go, they made such an annoying ad I’m too focused on turning it off to even know what company it is

• Registered Users Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭deezell

All Red Bull ads annoy me, and the product itself is unhealthy, but the one with the fox and rabbit, where she simpers, "No foxing tonight" is such a feeble attempt at salacious wordplay, it makes me cringe, for Fox ache! They should replace their punchline with, 'Red Bull Gives You… Diabetes!'

• Registered Users Posts: 5,784 ✭✭✭donegal_man

"Red Bull gives you palpitations"

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭blackvalley

Add for Audi Etron.

Apparently if you buy one “ technology becomes an extension of yourself “ .
    What the actual fkucn does that mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,770 ✭✭✭LambshankRedemption

Glenvygh Houses. Why is the child wearing his coat in the house and then takes it off to go out playing with the other kids?? Doesn't fill one with confidence about the BER rating of the houses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

The Lidl ad on about ending discrimination in women's GAA. It's not discrimination, it's indifference by the vast majority of the population.

You couldn't buy a ticket for the Clare v Cork men's hurling final yesterday in Croke Park for love nor money. They were like gold dust, and priced at €100(stand) and €55(terrace), it didn't matter if you were man, woman, child, OAP or student. And it was the only game on. It will be the same story for the men's football final.

Contrast that with the upcoming women's finals. There's 3 finals in Croke Park on the same day, Junior, Intermediate and Senior. Tickets are €30 for adults and €15 for juveniles, students and OAPs. And it still won't sell out.

If anyone is being discriminated against, it's the supporters of the men's hurling and football.

'Discrimination', this from the people who invented the Ban, which was enforced, on adults and kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Mac 3

Aldi - That woman's voice is like nails on a chalkboard.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,502 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

The incredibly annoying add for car insurance where yer wan tells her ma that her new car is called marco (or something) and the “mam” says “ah Kate”.
    The ma sounds like her granny ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,936 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

• Registered Users Posts: 4,589 ✭✭✭jackboy

The GAA have another ad about discrimination regarding several minorities. I don't get it. It implies that the GAA community is homophonic, racist etc but the minorities should play anyway.

They've always had a chip on their shoulder, what with the "foreign" games ban, the anthem playing, the exclusive use of Irish on programmes, jerseys, scoreboards. It felt really discriminatory to me and my pals as kids in the 60s, the local Gaa club was years closed due to emigration, the pitch locked up and overgrown. We'd kick a game of soccer or even a kind of touch rugby with a handball in the local town park, which had two large pitches with some broken posts. It was publicly owned, and the grass mowed by locals. but the 'trustee', an old bollix who claimed to have been in the GPO in 1916, would chase us off screaming it was only for Gaelic games. I detested the GAA from that day on, and by the 70s our town had two seperate soccer clubs, but the Gaa ground was still derelict.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,226 ✭✭✭squonk

They’re an organisation masquerading as being modern and forward looking but there’s a real bang of 1950s Ireland off it!

An older former work colleague of mine who was a tricky midfielder in Shels schoolboys in the 50s tells how the Brothers enticed him to play a Gaa game for the school team, such was his prowess, a blind eye turned to the ban. On his first fixture, playing as well with ball in hand or not, he made a run into the opposition box, rose majestically to receive a cross, and drove the ball into the net.... with his head. There was nearly a riot by the old brigade and opposition, he'd been rumbled, and I think a header is not allowed? I honestly don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,387 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

The Lidl radio and TV ads about empty seats at ladies football matches. It's the glass ceiling keeping lads from taking seats apparently. Incoherent tripe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,387 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

No no no. It's the patriarchy. And the glass ceiling. Not indifference to a rather low quality product on par with an U14 boys match.

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Deregos.

There's a very unconvincing radio ad about a 'girl' buying a new car and showing it off to her mother . . the daughter sounds like shes in her thirties and the feeble old mother sounds at least 80 . . "Oh kate" . . what bollicks . . Heard it a thousand times yet i still don't even know (or care) what the ad is for.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭littlevillage

Ahh now. I think that's a good advert.

Great tune.

Boney M - Daddy Cool

Featuring a man in a supermarket advert who isn't being depicted as an utter moron - quelle surprise!!!!

Its sort of witty too. Tipping the concierge at the country club with an egg 🥚 is pretty funny.

And there's even an Oirish angle where he goes to Dublin Zoo

Only downside is that its played very often... soo maybe in another month it'll be an advert that I despise.

Frankie. I f##king hate that advert. The mother sounds like her granny talking to her 7 year old grand daughter. The condescension in her voice irritates me "And its been properly checked?" "Yes mammy!"

Great tune. And as you said, for a change, the males are depicted as fuppin eejits, so to be honest, I like that ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭joebloggs32

They recently played a double header in Tullamore for the senior LGFA All Ireland semifinals. There would be nearly more people at an ordinary Offsly club championships game than was there that day.

They way the advert was designed you would think its all down to men preventing people from attending, its very childish really.

Yer wan whinging because she was knocked off her bike 'on a training run in Spain'. I see, not after a jug of Sangria on a hen party. They played an extended version of this ad the other night, it was practically a documentary. The only message I take from it is .

1. Don't go solo bike racing in a drive-on-the-right country with hot and possibly hot headed drivers who currently are sick to their back teeth with tourists, never mind self declared and self absorbed 'athletes'
    2. Don't expect us back home to give a flying fk about your privileged misadventure, or listen to your judgemental lecture.

That’s the one I’m talking about.
    It’s a woeful add.

• Advertisement

Whats worse, its on on almost every ad break.

I know its not normal to wish ill will towards a car, but I sincerely hope Frankie explodes on the way to granny's.

Advertisement