Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Olympic Games Paris 2024 - AH Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,073 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

what is the nationality of someone from Niger?

Serious looking contingent they have..

• Registered Users Posts: 39,952 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

The French colours never looked better.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,681 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Hopefully there's a vuvuzela ban at the whole event so it's not unwatchable.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭archfi

A blast of Spacer!

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

Sound level on BBC is definitely much lower than RTE

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

So unlucky with the weather.

Good show otherwise. If this kind of show couldn't work in Paris, it wouldn't work anywhere.

It is a show for TV though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭Expunge

Bernard Dunne is a bit negative about it all, saying the coaches of these athletes will be going crazy.

All of them soaked in the rain and out there for hours!

He has a point, maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭patob

Enjoying watching the variety of boats. Cool modern one for the Dutch.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

God RTE you cut to break or the studio at crap times

• Registered Users Posts: 23,798 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Turned over for the better audio… advertisements tho, don’t get them on BBC.

Definitely better audio quality though 😳

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 Nightwing1862

How is it any different from having them standing around in an open air stadium waiting for all the other athletes to file in? A lot of the athletes competing in the next couple days will have skipped tonight anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭appledrop

Ah lads are the top athletes or snowflakes, a bit of rain certainly never hurt any Irish person!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Slowly being driven insane by a man talking in low tones about where countries' names came from and which ones are landlocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,734 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

• Registered Users Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Genghis

Delete

• Registered Users Posts: 6,073 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

• Registered Users Posts: 13,410 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

The Irish outfits created by the Sinead O'Connor wax person I presume.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

• Registered Users Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

I'm not completely hating the ceremony as I thought I would. I give credit to the ambition and attempting something different and the organisers would have done their contingency on the percentage chance of a washout which has bit them tonight. I'm cool on the ceremony as this feels less intimate than previous opening ceremonies and more heavy towards advertising the city and it's culture more than the athletes, it's dragging on a bit more than what I recall for recent opening ceremonies

Also looks like less athletes attending aswell maybe I'm imagining that or not? I wouldn't like to be preparing for elite Olympic competition getting soaked on a boat risking coming down with a cold two days later

the ad breaks on RTE are waaaay too many

• Advertisement

I was dreading them but thankfully the boat set up hide how hideous they were😁

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭dasdog

• Registered Users Posts: 23,798 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

That one came only five minutes after the previous one too, I looked at the time I posted thinking WTF? 😂

RTE definitely squeezing the advertisers, hope it’s not like this for the rest of the Games 😒

EDIT: I give up, back to BBC, that’s ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,539 ✭✭✭Downlinz

Are they just taking the piss on RTE with the breaks? 4 minutes between breaks that time.

thanks! Completely forgot about that, have switched over plus sound level is also way better than BBC

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Nightwing1862

Four years is just long enough for people to forget that the athletes parade is actually pretty tedious

• Registered Users Posts: 6,585 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

In fairness this is amazing

That's disgraceful RTE having ads, sure your missing the show that way. There are no breaks in the ceremony so why are RTE doing that.

We are watching on BBC so ads not an issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,362 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

They just did their 3rd ad break in the space of about 20 minutes….. switched over to Eurosport….

There must be a big piece coming up that they won’t be able to cut away from hence getting all the ads in early?

Advertisement