Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General chat 24/25

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,753 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Listening to FF scout podcast in the gym this morning. They had some Ed fella who's a Newcastle fan on doing his team reveal.

I wasn't given it my full attention as I was doing cardio but a few points of interest.

He reckons Burn is not nailed on as a starter. He might start the 1st couple of games but Newcastle will sign a new CB and at left back they have Hall, livermento and even Tripper (if he stays)

Rumours are that tripper has taken his kids our of school in Newcastle, put house up for sale and has some private issues going on in the back ground.

Bruno could be a good buy as he is the most fouled player in the league and their are new bps for played who get fouled. As Bruno pretty much always gets away a successful pass or get fouled he should be a bps magnet.

One point on Gordon... most of his FF points (goals, assists) where picked up in the home fixtures last season ans Newcastle have 3 away fixtures in the first 4 GWs

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Winks and Tom Carroll are both ex spurs. Both similar ham and egg midfielders. Has anyone ever seen both of them at the same time? Definitely grounds for a good conspiracy theory there somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭skippy15

First proper stab I feel kinda happy with, few solid picks with some risks, still not decided on haaland see how pre seasons and signing work out, thoughts

• Registered Users Posts: 38,486 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I don't think there's any guarantees that Rogers and Nkunku will start for their respective clubs. I'd rather take a chance on Delap over a guy that spent last year out on loan. Yoro is an unknown quantity, I'd rather wait and watch before pulling the trigger on a move for him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭skippy15

Ye I agree with you, they are risks but placeholders at this stage nkuku could become eze and yoro to a few of the 4.5, had burn but concerned on his mimutes

Ramsey is definitely pre season bandwagon material.

3 goals and an assist in 2 preseason games.

Showed glimpses of his talent and potential as a FF asset towards the end of last season

Plus Luiz and Diaby have moved on (although Onana and Ross Barkley have be signed).

Good 5m bench option.

One correction to this post.

The fella in the podcast said Newcastle had 3 away games in the first 4 games. They don't. The have 3 away in the first 5 gws. (as do half of all teams) and 3 of them 3 are decent - wolves and Bournemouth I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭fplfan12345

@Green&Red are you running the champions league again this season ?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,486 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

And his battle for starts is with Rogers who is a very popular pick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,575 ✭✭✭patmac

My cheap defence, premium attack 1st draft.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

I didn't think it wad possible but you've managed it.

The thing is, even if the punts on Nkunku and Pedro don't work out, there are lots of viable alternatives in the same price range.

Son is 10m which means you can go to Saka easy enough if he go nuts early on but with Foden at the same price and Palmer at 10.5 you would have to sell Son and downgrade elsewhere to get them in but you have little or no wiggle room to downgrade elsewhere without affecting your premiums.

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭Yeah Right

One of the better teams I've seen with both of the big dogs in it.

However, I'm not convinced with Son and/or Bruno. For 18.5M between the two, I think there's much better options out there.

Foden & Odegaard

Saka & anyone <7.5

Palmer & Bowen

Hell, even Salah + Mainoo are better prospects in the early games, I think.

I think, overall, Haaland hampers the team too much. I was going to go without either of them initially but have managed to find a decent squad with Salah included, by ditching Trippier and selecting the player who is most likely to benefit, should he leave for Bayern. Makes downgrading him or finding the money for Haaland, if he goes nuts, that bit easier, without any real compromise in overall team quality. Will probably chop and change a bit over the coming weeks:

Team 1…………………………………………………………Differences highlighted in bold…………………………………….Team 2

Flekken (4.0)……………………………………………………………………………………….Pickford (4.0)

Saliba Martinez Livramento (Barco / Faes)…………………………………………Saliba Martinez Trippier (Barco Faes)

Saka Palmer Gordon Salah (4.5)………………………………………………………..Saka Palmer Gordon Foden (4.5)

Watkins Isak Muniz………………………………………………………………………………Watkins Isak Muniz

I don't know if it's the boards mobile app or what, but that team layout just gave me cancer. Any chance of a few screen shots.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭sojustrutz

My attempt to get the two big guns in, any comments appreciated. I might actually risk starting Amad as a first week punt.

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭Yeah Right

This is my current team.

Before this, I had Trippier, Foden & Pickford in there instead of Livramento, Salah & Flekken.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,696 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I haven't put serious thought into my team yet but I do think that picking players who didn't have a summer tournament may be the better strategy for the start of the season.

2nd version with Salah etc is much better… at least until the 1st international break by which time we should know the lay of the land a bit better in terms of players like livermento and Martinez who could be great picks if they start but if they don't you could struggle to field 11 starters.

Watkins to one of the many 7.5m options would allow you to beef up defense option a bit but sometimes you just have to back yourself, I think your draft is definitely worth a gamble

Bergvall is on my shortlist. I'm a slurs fan and I'll be watching closely. He picked up an injury in the 2nd pre season friendly which is disappointing because some of the other young talent have taken their chances in preseason and might make the spurs bench in the early weeks.

Just looking at some or the results in the Olympics last night. I didn't realise Mateta (and Olise) are playing for France. Mate take scored but I'll be taking him out of my draft now.

Alvaeez also scored for Argentina.

Some bloke called Adel also scored two for Egypt. His club team is called Pyramids FC. Is that not like some Irish lads playing for a team called called Potatoes FC? Lol. Gave me a chuckle anyway.

• Advertisement
Advertisement