Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Olympic Games Paris 2024 - AH Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭archfi

That’s some sight right there

La Belle France

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,905 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

We are trying to light up a world on fire , but the rain is damping the spirit .

• Registered Users Posts: 40 SonicSuper

Pretty meh tbh.

I hope the sports are better than the opening ceremony

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

I generally don’t like these things, but that was absolutely amazing.

The logistics behind that boggle my mind.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭maximus15

If that was the phoenix park some hoody would have that balloon cut loose by now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,416 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Celine is a touch of class.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,751 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Mad. Plenty here think it was crap and plenty think it amazing..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,073 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

didn't yer man just say Perec must have been back in Guadeloupe….he must not have recognised her?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,371 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times… it had both tbf and went on waaay too long.

Some parts were crap, and some parts especially when the sun went down were spectacular.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,731 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

The Australian one in eight year's time will be more earth friendly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,508 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Just turned it on and some guy speeching on and on, but a lot of empty seats in the stands...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭eggy81

Fair play. It was certainly different. Must have taken some planning

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Needmoretea

Well that was fantastic. I did feel sorry for the poor fella in the wheelchair in the rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭hamburgham

Her face when she went under the bridge and didn’t realize the camera was still on her, hilarious. Nadal was caught grimacing as well. I’d say it was awful. The boat was quite small and the river was choppy with the rain teeming down,lol. They won’t forget that in a hurry.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 SonicSuper

Found it funny all the virtue signalling about the refugees when Macron has spent the last few weeks ridding Paris of them to make it look better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭bloopy

The last hour was just amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭patob

What a show, the French can put on a show, magnifique!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,801 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Off to YouTube now to see has the flag carrying sequence been uploaded yet, that was something else 👌

• Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭archfi

Well I think it was amazing after having major doubts when I switched it on but that is up there with 2012 for me

The music throughout was amazing except ‘Imagine’

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Danny healy ray

i enjoyed it taught mark Cavendish might have some part in it won a lot of times in Paris/france

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭appledrop

It was outstanding but it was way too long in the section though from the speeches to before the Olympic cauldron lighting up.

I have to say I had a huge lump in my throat when the passed it to the 100 year old Olympian.

Really that's the spirt of the Olympics

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Morris Garren

BBC pundits not liking the ceremony....

RTE comms yammering on about Marie-Jose Perec, then didn't actually recognise her when she lit the torch!... D'oh!!

And only a heart of stone would not be moved by the finale... I enjoyed it overall. Very very French

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭Expunge

I have a list for those holding the flame when the Olympics comes to Ireland...

Brendan Shine

TR Dallas

That mad fella who was Roscommon goalkeeper

Foster and then Allen

Traveller boxer

Twink maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 9,949 ✭✭✭spookwoman

BBC pundits were right about the area, it was too big to cover and many at the main area where left twiddling their thumbs.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,751 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Nice to see a multi-millionaire famous golfer carrying our flag..

• Registered Users Posts: 15,366 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

loving the coverage on Eurosport…

• Registered Users Posts: 5,613 ✭✭✭obi604

nothing at all about the poor masked lad that jumped and ran his way across half of Paris, he must be shagged.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,288 ✭✭✭suvigirl

Thought that was absolutely fantastic 😍

• Registered Users Posts: 13,416 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,213 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I thought that horse on the river thing was fantastic.

They have the mechanism in place, they should run it every night while the games are on.

Advertisement