Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Executive Officer 2024 Competition (Nationwide)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,105 ✭✭✭Guffy

Can anyone recommend an EO competition prep course?

CareerServices .IE came up after a Google but wondering if anyone has a personal recommendation?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,829 ✭✭✭shmeee

There was no EO nationwide competition last year, only Dublin.

The last Nationwide EO competition was in 2022. Applications deadline was on 2nd June and stage 1 testing was online (notification went out on 29th June) and you had until 6th July to complete it. Stage 1 results issued on the 29th July. And then interviews started but very slow, some applicant's only completed interviews this month, almost 2 years later.

So a rough timeframe of stage 1 testing above from 2022 competition.

Also, the CO competition had a different process, you were given an OOM after application form submitted. So can't compare that timeframe.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭torn-between-jobs

It is envisaged that Stage One for the above-mentioned competition will take place from the 15th – 22nd of August 2024. 

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,829 ✭✭✭shmeee

Just a I said it.

PSA have issued a message:

"It is envisaged that Stage One for the above-mentioned competition will take place from the 15th – 22nd of August 2024.

All information regarding Stage One will issue to candidates publicjobs message boards in early August 2024"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭upinthesky

Was this message automated to everyone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭turbodiesel

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭sojustrutz

So am I right in thinking the next stage is verbal , numerical and situational reasoning then? I've posted a link earlier in the thread for some free aptitude tests but if anyone else has any suggestions please link in here.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭summersun23

Yes correct. With your scores for verbal and situational used for your OOM. As regards practice, from memory I think they give u a few examples.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,186 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

There are worked examples on Public Jobs along with a timed self-assessment you can do.

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

• Registered Users Posts: 10 zara123

does anyone know if they prior work experience or education into your score, or is it all based on your test results?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Damoedge

Hi all,

Would anyone have the information booklet? I thought I downloaded it but didn't and now the link is gone, thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,136 ✭✭✭Lost Ormond

It's on score of tests. Work experience education comes into interview and scoring after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Mr lebowski

Just to let people know you can jump a lot in the interviews. I was 36 in the open stream after the tests last time and jumped up to no.7 in batch 1 after the interview.So don't lose hope if you don't score as good as you hope. For Timelines I was 7 open panel and started in January so 6 months after the testing roughly. Best of luck everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Tupence

They don't look at it, need to pass the psychometric tests then in interview slight chance they might ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Tupence

Better waiting to see what company is over the tests, they use different ones. The internal a few weeks ago used AON , numerical and verbal 6 minutes each, 18 questions with negative marking and then situational judgement in the form of instant messages, no time frame.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭sojustrutz

I have it saved , pm me your email adress if you need it still.

It also massively depends on the county you go for . They absolutely flew through the dublin panels last time, and I agree your OOM can really change at interview stage

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭crinkley

if it does change at eo, at co it didn’t change after interview your order of merit was based on the tests and the interview was a pass/fail with your your oom remaining the same

At interview they give you scores for each of the competencies and from that you get your OOM.

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭crinkley

hopefully I always do better in interviews than at the tests

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 i_am_me

https://www.publicjobs.ie/restapi/documents/24307105_EO_2024_Information_Booklet_Final.pdf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 76 ✭✭HiggieL

I used assessment day UK for practice tests. I bought a package and you get 1 year access. I found them much harder then the actual assessments with pas. I got Tina Kronin webinar for interview help.https://www.facebook.com/tinatkservices

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Trevorfromtheshoppingcentre

Does anybody know of an app to help brush up on percentages, ratios etc. Is there a DuoLingo for maths?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Anthony A

Says a lot about the way the country is run that there's more EO positions in Dublin than the rest of the country combined. And that's when they have a separate Dublin EO campaign on top of the countrywide.

These days it's going to be extremely difficult to rent or pay/get mortgage in Dublin on an EO salary. I'm not sure how they get COs in Dublin although the pay gap isn't massive from EO either. Has to be tough to get people even in higher roles in Dublin now.

I chose a country location but between mobility and barely any positions going there I wouldn't be too hopeful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,186 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

It says everything about the housing crisis, and the reality rather than the myth of public sector pay. EOs can't afford to live in Dublin.

Most civil servants don't work in Dublin.

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Missy95

Just wondering if the there is flexi from home in DCEDIY?

but I think for Revenue there are regular exams and maths skills required?

You’re right. WFH varies section to section.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 376 ✭✭pygmaliondreams

Just Dublin… where over 90% of the placements are made.

So it's not too weird to compare them regardless in my opinion. Besides I said 2nd or 3rd week of August for the testing and that turned out right lol.

• Advertisement

Blended makes dublin an ok option for lots of people outside the county, regardless of grade I suppose because vast majority of places will give u 3 days at home .

Advertisement