Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Porsche Taycan

Options
1161718192022»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Mr Q

I thought there was no VAT or customs if it is an original NI car. Just VRT.

But I've never purchased one after Brexit so not sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

6500 vrt according to the calculator

63000 gbp is somewhere in the region if 73000-75000 euro

So if there's no VAT or customs due its an 80-82k euro car approx

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

This is where it gets tricky. The rule was NI cars are vat/duty exempt of originally registered in NI before 1st January 2021.

But revenue site is a bit grey area on this now so not sure if all NI cars are vat/customs exempt.

If they are not, expect 23% customs plus 10% customs agent fees.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,105 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

If anyone is looking out for one of these i know this car well, it was very well minded and is absolutely stunning in the metal, no relationship with the crowd selling btw

https://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/porsche/taycan/fpa/3738393?journey=Search

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭joe1303l

Nice car but I think their pricing might a little off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭mun1

yep, base RWD model, looks like smaller battery as well. Do very well to get €75k for it

maybe? It has 22k worth of extras if I recall, I haven't seen one nicer on the road and there are loads around here. Be interested to see if it sells at that.

I watched them for about 6 months, €70K seems to be the selling point, anything above that and they’re just sitting on a lot for months. Extras are nice to have and they help to move a car but seldom worth any extra on a used car.

yeah fair enough, there are so many boggo specs one going around tho, unfortunately it's a car that needs the extra spent!

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Gerrymandering reborn

Any particular reason why the sport Turismo commands a premium over the standard saloon?

• Advertisement

I’m not sure it does but it comes as standard with 5 seats which may make it more saleable. The standard Taycan is a far more impressive looking car in my eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭blingrhino

Sports turismo is not a big seller, the cross turismo sells better.

Cross turismo had performance battery as standard and air suspension before the facelifted model so would command a higher resale over the standard RWD saloon. Also it was more expensive than the saloon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭quokula

Looking into getting one of these second hand pretty soon. There's one on sale I like the look of right now, but at only 2 years old and less than 20k km on the clock it already has 3 previous owners. Is that a major red flag? It's being sold by a dealership and the price is in line with other similar cars, this one just has the right combo of spec and colour I'm looking for.

I wouldn’t be concerned but make sure it either has or will qualify to have Porsche extended warranty added. If it’s only 2 years old it might still be within warranty

did a bit of research into Tay an a few months ago .

Prices have dropped as reliability issues in uk and end of leases led to massive price drops .

The reliability issues can be quiet sobering to read “ the red circle of death “ being the main one ( total failure of electric drive system )

The range isn’t what it says on the tin , but I take that with a pinch of salt as most cars don’t make WLTP figures .

Heater and air on issued pop up frequently

The software can be glitchy ( much like all VAG cars)

The car build quality itself is still very good though and I drove two 2021 versions and they were as expected, a very good drive .

The newer version launched in 2024 seems to be much better across the board .

I chickened out in the end and stuck with my Tesla , and will probably go for a 2024 in 2026.

It’s a lovely looking car though but make sure you get the bigger battery and look carefully at the options . The one to go for is the 4S .

And yes , make sure you get the Porsche extended warranty,( approx €1,500 per year ) which you can get even if you buy from a 3rd party dealer , once you present it car for a checkup (which is another cost )

On the €1500 warranty extension, am I right in thinking the car would have to pass the 150 point check within issue to be eligible to purchase the warranty extension ? Someone also mentioned previously that Porsche Centre Dublin don’t provide loaners for warranty work. This could be a real pain given there is no alternative location other than Belfast.

yes , you need to pass the 150 pt check and get anything fixed at the same time to avail of the warranty .
    I think all taycans sold by Porsche Dublin come with a 2 year Porsche warranty , which is worth more then the €3,000 cost of the warranty .

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭bf

inspection for the warranty is about €300. In my experience they give loaners out for everything

Advertisement