Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vice President Kamala Harris vs Donald Trump 2024

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Redliketoast

The question is very open ended and allows me to mention anything that a democrat has done. You don't think any democrat politician has done worse than what Trump has in the last 8 years?

Trump's one is simple. He didn't talk down his supporters on Jan 6th. To be clear, he didnt make them do it nor did he suggest it. I also don't think he is clever enough to believe it would have gone that way.

Another would be his initial talking down covid. He didn't take it seriously. Either did some other leaders but this is about him.

His views on the border where binary. Either you were legal or illegal.

What the worse thing the Democrats done?

The handling of Afghanistan? They literally gave it back to the people they said must be eliminated 20 years ago. They even left all their guns and equipment behind for them.

They acted weak to allow Russia to take yet more of Ukraine on their watch. Not a coincidence that biden was VP when Russia took crimea.

They funded and continue to actively support Israel.

The way they handled the vaccine mandates and told government employees to look for other work if they refuse to take the vaccine (I took all the vaccines I'm not an anti vaxxer in any way. But think it's wrong to force people).

Remember the cages that the dems said kids were in, well those so called cages still exist. They were never cages. They are detention centers that look like prison. Kids are still there years after the dems said how evil it was. They reversed their decision to let people out when it was seen how much sex trafficking of minors was going on.

Illegal immigration is at all all time high. Something that Harris was in charge of stemming. Whether she was a border czar or not, she was tasked with stopping so many folk from entering illegally. She told people not to even try. So even more actually tried and got it.

IInflation Is at an all time high. People are struggling to pay for food!!!! But because their wages are also high they don't qualify for state health care. But the higher wages are not parallel with inflation. It's a mess.

Oil prices and energy are high. They cancelled keystone xl pipeline. They put restrictions of pipelines on federal land and they have been accused of making America over reliant on fewer means of gas. Obviously less supply equals more demand.

Crime rates have dropped slightly from 2021 but they still remain higher than any time under Trump's administration.

That's without even talking about Bob Mendez, Hunter Biden, Hillary Clinton or Dawn Gentry.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,889 ✭✭✭✭briany

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭Flaneur OBrien

How do you think any of that can be refuted or argued against in one post?

This is also flooding the zone. People want to argue with you, but would look at that list, pick one thing, argue that, and only be rebuked by, "yes, but what about ALL THE other things".

We can't win unless we spend hours researching, writing a post that is huge, detailed, backed up with facts and then someone will reply with, "Whatevs losers... MAGA 24!"

I'm not saying you're like that, btw, but that is what I see when presented with a post as scattered as this.

Which one of the 13 items you listed, do you think was the worst the Dems did?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Ah yes the usual pathetic retort, questioning peoples mental acumen.

Im sure Mr Musk has a pretty decent IQ, hasnt done too badly for such a dummy.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,889 ✭✭✭✭briany

@Redliketoast

I also don't think he is clever enough to believe it would have gone that way

Oh, I think he had an inkling. Bigly so.

Cassidy Hutchinson testifying at the Jan 6th hearings,

But when we were in the offstage announce tent, I was part of a conversation — I was in — I was in the vicinity of a conversation where I overheard the President say something to the effect of, you know, I - - I don't effing care that they have weapons.

They're not here to hurt me. Take that effing mags away. Let my people in. They can march to the Capitol from here. Let the people in. Take the effing mags away. 

Sorry, did I say 'inkling'? I meant to say of course he fúcking knew.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,652 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

You have to question peoples mental acumen when the person they continue to support has just stated they intend to dismantle democracy, 3 years after trying to overturn the last election, and they ignore it.

Trump is consistently telling everyone exactly who he is, including a fraud and sexual assaulter, and none of that ever seems to matter.

But Harris has a strange laugh so I guess that is the same

• Registered Users Posts: 5,290 ✭✭✭Shoog

Elon Musk has a mental illness so I have little faith in his pronouncements.

And just in case you doubt me, he openly declared himself a manic depressive/bipolar who self medicated with ketamine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭eightieschewbaccy

Musk has literally pushed conspiracy theories on a frequent basis. The man is an idiot on a lot of subjects and has his own agenda. So plenty of fools will lap up what he shares. Doesn't make it suddenly clever.

Not my intention. I just said that the question was open ended and was unfair against Democrats. You don't think out of everyone at federal level, state level and public level, that not one of thousands in power has done something worse than Trump?

My post was merely pointing that out. It wasn't meant to flood the conversation.

I try to post in good faith but have been met with a lot of hostile responses. I have never tried to push my views and have never said one side is worse than the other (apart from one post which was fairly called out despite it being of a joke in nature)

If I was running against Harris and had to pick one big thing to go after her, it would be on policy. I don't like dirty politics. I believe that the dems current policies have led to insane inflation. This is everything from reducing the supply of gas to the pandemic relief allocation. They added about 2 trillion dollars to the businesses and individuals to help them through the pandemic. The problem is that there was little to no supply. So companies and individuals had money but nothing to spend it on. When the world reopened they had all this surplus money which grew inflation. There are loads of other areas which added to this also but I am just sticking yo a stand out reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭rogber

Musk is a mentally ill bigot from a racist country, he might have high IQ but emotional intelligence is very low, he has no common decency

• Advertisement

That is your opinion.

It is like me saying the dems knew what they were doing when they likened him tinhitler and kept saying that if he gets back into power, then democracy is over.

Do you think they wanted him taken out?

The truth is you can't know intentions. You can only deal with the actual words being said.

I can clearly see the tactic being employed, insult but dont directly mention the target.

"A great video for someone who doesn't have an IQ above 80."

"really sad stuff, the ad would only appeal to bigots and morons"

"plenty of fools will lap up what he shares"

Conspiracy theories, like the one mooted in mid June that Biden would be replaced by Harris ?

Or the one that Biden was in cognitive decline ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,632 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Elon Musk's only successful business ventures were due to US government subsidies: Tesla and SpaceX and even Tesla isn't without numerous failures. Every other business he has launched flopped or failed.

This guy with a high IQ nearly buried PayPal when he suggested moving their server architecture from Unix to Windows.

Not too much his regular denying of coming from wealth.

But go on son, you believe what you want to 🤣🤣

He has just openly declared that if he wins this will be the last election, so comparisons to Hitler seem apt.

They said the same nonsense before Trump took office, Democracy is over, he will be a dictator, he will cause WW3.

Its misdirection, its lies, its what the Democrats do.

Rallying round Harris this week , as if she is the Messiah, all the platitudes and endorsements, its so cynical and insincere.

Surely only people with a low IQ would swallow that.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,380 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Yeah I see a tactic employed alright.

You're dumping videos of MAGA attack propaganda against Kamala Harris.
    Why is that important?

Where's your similar posts against Trump?
    And don't pretend for a second that Trump and Vance haven't been caught out in far worse.
    This is not whataboutery. This is about pointing out the absolute hypocrisy and double standards in your posts.

And I think if voters are more swayed by drivel like these vidoes, instead of Trump's reprehensible conduct and policies… then certainly they are political idiots with very low political IQ.
    So why are you playing a part in that?

It is obvious your posts are just exercises in dumping anti-Democratic propaganda.
    Which is strange isn't it.
    Remind us again, who do you want to win this election?

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

Just like Christians voting on mass for a convicted felon and rapist who has declared he is not even a Christian.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭Augme

Hew also a cuck who is willing to say things for attention from what he perceives as his betters.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

The ad traffics in racism and you celebrate it. It's 2024 and some people might have a problem with a black female president but not enough to win an election. Racism and taking away women's rights is not how you win an election. To anchor your campaign on those issues is idiotic, but hey at least you got Elon's support.

• Advertisement

The video of him doing so was shared a few pages back.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,783 ✭✭✭LambshankRedemption

And CNN covered it an hour ago, with them replaying the clip. He said his followers only need to vote this time, and then won't need to vote again.

The dictator on day one thing is it, that was obviously sarcasm.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,632 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Without mentioning the opposition, give us 3 reasons, not platitudes, as to why you support Trump?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,041 ✭✭✭applehunter

There is a lot to criticise Trump on, but this kind of stuff is just lazy.

How about attacking the failures of his first term or his rhetoric on Iran?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭Flaneur OBrien

Ok,

Tbf the question asked of you was,

What would you say is the worst thing Trump has done over the last eightvyeats ans what would you say is the worst thing the democrats have done?

That to me would mean a singular item, not 13.

Okay, you're going with policy? Economic policy specifically?

That's fair, the second stimulus package from Biden was ill advised and dare I say it, unwarranted. Certainly a case of hindsight being perfect vision.

I would however also like to note how Trump cost the economy with his 2017 tax cut. It's arguable how much it has cost so far, but there are figures from the low 100billion to over 1trillion dollars.

You can't reduce corporation taxes by 40% and expect that to "trickle down" slowly. Shareholders made bank, but at what cost to the country?

https://www.brookings.edu/articles/did-the-2017-tax-cut-the-tax-cuts-and-jobs-act-pay-for-itself/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭amacca

Given the size of the national debt....one would wonder if inflation and lots of it is the only way to make that debt manageable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭Economics101

Redliketoast: you say "If I was running against Harris and had to pick one big thing to go after her, it would be on policy. I don't like dirty politics. I believe that the dems current policies have led to insane inflation. This is everything from reducing the supply of gas to the pandemic relief allocation. They added about 2 trillion dollars to the businesses and individuals to help them through the pandemic. The problem is that there was little to no supply. So companies and individuals had money but nothing to spend it on. When the world reopened they had all this surplus money which grew inflation. There are loads of other areas which added to this also but I am just sticking yo a stand out reason."

Inflation spiked in almost all developed countries in 21/22 at about 10%, but has now gone down to 2 or 3%. A lot of this was due to Covid-related supply chain disruption. Dems at fault?

Some of it was related to the oil and gas price spikes folowing Vlad's invasion of Ukraine. Dems at fault for that?

Under the Trump administration in 2020 quite a lot of money was given to households and businesses. THis no doubt added to inflation. Dems at fault?

Or would it have been better to give no help and to have a huge spike in unemployment and poverty?

And remember that the in bringing down inflation, the Federal Rserve has managed to avoid a recession. I suppose you can blame the Dems for that as well.

Who is the real threat to democracy ?

In six swing states that Biden narrowly won in 2020, a little more than half of voters classified as likely to decide the presidential election say threats to democracy are extremely important to their vote for president, according to a poll by The Washington Post and the Schar School of Policy and Government at George Mason University.

Yet, more of them trust Trump to handle those threats than Biden. And most believe that the guardrails in place to protect democracy would hold even if a dictator tried to take over the country.

Among key-state voters who identify themselves as locked-in Biden supporters, 78 percent see threats to democracy as extremely important. Among Trump backers, that’s true of 71 percent. Threats to democracy are second only to the economy in the percentage of swing state voters overall who describe the issue as extremely important.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭Economics101

A key point in the WaPo piece is this: "Trump has tried to flip the democracy issue, claiming falsely that he and his allies are facing multiple criminal investigations because Biden is weaponizing the judicial system against him".

So ihe result stems from the Trump-supporting MAGA crowd believing that Trump did nothing wrong on January 6th, and that attempts to call him to account by legal means are somehow an attack on democracy.

If that's what they believe, then how could I possibly give a reasoned argument against such total nonsense?

Advertisement