Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homeless Wherers - all are welcome, old and new!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I’m sorry for clearing all the brambles on the land . We were great foragers . Mushrooms for tea , blackberries for jam , crab apples for tarts . Though yeah July is a bit early

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,218 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

My first day off and I find myself sitting on the balcony at 0630 with a Tanzanian coffee. It’s so quiet here with only the sound of the birds.

Ugh humidity climbing and the sky is now obscured. When they talk about saunas being good for you, I don’t think that they meant this :):)

@thomil hope you are feeling OK, how did you fall off the bike?

My truck failed the NCT :(:(:( The paint colours have faded more on the plastic fairings than on the body and in a couple of places the paint is worn. I laughed when they pointed it out to me, but they said “system”. So this means that i cant sell it or reregister it until its done, but i can still drive as its not required :)

Post edited by smurfjed on

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Watching the last episodes of a cancelled show I'm really into, I am ridiculously annoyed already

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭thomil

Homeside here, been out of it all day after not getting much sleep. The arm is getting better but the night was painful, even with painkillers. I’ll probably call in sick tomorrow as well, just to be on the safe side…

Regarding your question, smurfjed, I lost control of my rental bike when the rear wheel slid away while going around a corner. Attempts to stop or get off ended with me getting my feet tangled up with the pedals and bike frame before stumbling over said frame and landing on my knees and my arms taking the brunt of the impact.

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

Out of bed for for the second time , I have an important appointment tomorrow which is probably keeping me awake

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,056 ✭✭✭suvigirl

Was lovely and sunny on my way home from work this morning...getting dark now though!

Starving, dunno what to eat

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Work work work work for moi

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,191 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Mrs G and I had early pints then home. Ordered a chinese and then a night cap. In the leaba now. Movie on but herself is snoring.😁 So it's the Terminator on low volume.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Lasted until the end of the Olympics opening ceremony, was quite drawn out but the last hour was just spectacular!

Watching The Beach and remembering late ’90’s NYC ..All plans for this weekend are out the window so a lazy weekend in chez maxx and go again on Monday .

It was 2000 but same difference

Post edited by cj maxx on

Just getting dinner now. Busy, why do I keep signing up for overtime?. Oh yeah, reality 😔

Morning time, sitting here watching a swarm of bugs flying over my trees.

Off to the beach for the next 4 days, thanks to BLUE we have to rent a villa rather than a smaller apartment, but it’s about the same cost of an Irish hotel room.

Enjoy the trip, mutt and food photos are pricel of posting here 😉

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,910 ✭✭✭gifted

Kitchen table...Heading off to Kilkenny soon to watch Galway in the camogie match....Herself has switched into GAA MOM and getting the food ready....half tempted to try and rob a roll

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,056 ✭✭✭suvigirl

Work…..really scheming to get away early 🙏

Im back in tomorrow morning, absolute glutton for punishment I am 🙄

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,209 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Robbed from Facebook .. for Duvet 😁

To thine own self be true

And everyone turns to look at that one person 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Duvet Day

Minding my own business here and saying nothing..PM you're lowering the tone on a respectable thread.

Sephers, I'd like to make an official complaint .😛

Lesson one

Advertised as family friendly but more like hookers paradise

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,672 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

That long room is crying out for a blast of mr sheen and socks to slide about in.…

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,811 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Bedside here, my 'flu is now abating thankfully but I was hardly able to hold down any food for the past few days so I have probably lost a bit of weight.

I think I am spiralling into depression as I have zero interest in watching the Olympics this year which I normally love to watch.

Zero interest in doing anything except sleep.

Pace yourself, lean on your fella, lean on us, take your space and take whatever support you need.. If that sounds like a lot of take, think about how much you give, have always done and will do so much more of, again, we're here and there are so many more for you, not against xx Accept the care and compassion and also accept my apologies for being this way on an open forum. If you want me to delete, please feel free, no harm at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Agree with everything Grem has said. I will just add that sometimes you have to roll with your emotions and work through them. Also get a walk in the open air every day, even if you don't feel like doing it. I find appreciating the simple things you see if you can walk in a park or rural area can be uplifting, even for a few minutes.

• Advertisement

That room looks even stranger at night:)

Advertisement