Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Online Jersey stores continued

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Paul MCM

Yes, and a few people on this thread have said the player version is very tight fitting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 142 ✭✭sheldon16

Hi All, Order of 9 Jerseys with Sandy on 2nd July, no arrival. Contacted Sandy who apparently checked with DHL, rang DHL who advised they never received the package, got back onto Sandy who has suddenly gone quiet.

I am sure people will have positive stories about Sandy but this is my recent experience, now to source them from somewhere else

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,211 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Ordered 3 kits recently, and all not bad for the price. But I do think the quality is dropping over recent years. Kits are very light, practically see through and stitching not the best. But you get what you pay for I suppose.

But anyone who says they are the same as the ones you buy at full price are talking nonsense, so be prepared if you have never ordered one before.

My son has a genuine kit and the fake from about 3 years later. The original is a multiple of times thicker material, heavier and just feels quality. The fake is much newer but looks very tatty now with washing.

Of course one will be 60, the other 20.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,834 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

where did you buy the kits from ?
    I got 7 kits from shoot and they are the exact same as the shop kits at €80

The internet isn’t for everyone

Mine are from Shoot too.

I have only ever ordered from Shoot, and I have never received a top that is the same quality as an official one you'd buy in the shops.

that’s very strange, I’ve got kids here that are five years old in perfect condition, I don’t get names printed because these just peel over time even with just hand washing

I got my son the new arsenal away kit and he also got an original from the arsenal shop as a present and I can’t tell them apart

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭SqueakyKneecap

I found shoot to always be lower quality and I've even seen recent examples of it up close from 5-a-sides. I think Sandy must use a different supplier because the quality is close enough to the real deal. One lad reckons Mess105 is the best of the lot so I may try them next.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,159 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

I've used this site multiple times over the last year for getting kids jerseys. Really good quality stuff and still in perfect nick despite multiple washes and wears. The jerseys come with matching shorts too. Highly recommend it.

Found quality really good on NBA jerseys from these guys but be very careful with providing card details as I believe they've had data breaches before. They're also a lot slower shipping than the likes of Sandy.

Never use cards on any of those sites unless it's a disposable Revolut number or likewise. PayPal obviously another safe option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭markw7

Has anybody ordered off all three of messi105, sandy and soccer03?

Which offered the best quality and how was the sizing.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Yeah I made a right boo boo today and ordered with my standard revolut card 🙃

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,159 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

I only use PayPal for the majority of my online purchases never mind the less legit sites.

Are credit cards not protected when you use them online?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 421 ✭✭BRYAN Is Ainm Dom

Ah stop it. They are not the exact same as you ones in shop. If you think they are the exact same you are an idiot.

Wow such a lovely compliment

Hope you feel better now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 266 ✭✭lazyman

How do SOCCER03 SHOP compare to shoot or sandy for quality and delivery times? They are a few euro cheaper

They're twice (three times on some occasions) as slow for delivery from my own experience and mates. Quality seems just as good as Sandy though. As mentioned earlier though do not use anything other than Paypal or a disposable card to order off them as they've had data breaches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Newtown90

Got the third United jersey from them there. 3 days processing, 12 days delivery... Arrived last week.

Went with a player fit Small - I'm generally a small in normal tshirts and fits nicely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,409 ✭✭✭xtal191

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 324 ✭✭Beans_On

My order seems to be stuck at this since 26th July. CE Tracking hast logged yet as not picked up by an post. Is this normal ?

DUB, Customs clearance agent received the shipment in destnation country.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Spiderpig92

I see that Paypal is no longer an option on their website - any issue in ordering direct with the card?

if you are worried then I recommend creating a disposable card with someone like Revolut and freeze the card

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

has anyone bought good quality soccer boots from any of the sites lads and if so what site? Tia

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,444 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Has anyone seen the above BVB jersey for sale on any of the sites? I'd a quick look on Sandy, Soccer03 and shoot but couldn't see it.

Also has anyone bought the training jackets from any of the big three? I'm wondering what the quality is like.

Post edited by TitianGerm on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭Onecoolcookie

Anyone bought NFL jerseys from these sites before, can't see any on sandy/shoot/soccer03 at the moment but was pretty sure they used to be on there in the past

I've started getting an odd whattapp from China randomers selling retail. Amother reason to not use a credit card or day to day debit card.

If phone numbers are being shared with other people/companies one can only assume other data is too.

Doesn't just relate to Sandy etc obviously. I've seen warnings about Temu and the like recently.

In summary, great jerseys, protect your data!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 142 ✭✭sheldon16

Hi all. Got 1 of each of Man Utd 24/25 Jerseys in size 3XL. Bought from Shoot. Surplus.

€20 each if anyone interested. Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 266 ✭✭lazyman

I've ordered football ball kits for the kids from both sandy and shoot in the last 3 months.

No difference in quality and would recommend both, delivery for each waa around 3 weeks...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭chasm

I ordered the new LFC shirt off sandy when they were first released. They delayed it saying there were corrections needed. Took it out today to wear and the collar is wrong! I checked my orders on my account and I see that the link for that jersey is gone now and a new one put up!

I'll have to order elsewhere from now on as it isn't the first issue I've had. Who is the best one to go with?

• Advertisement

I'm gonna try this Messi105 character and will report back

So far waiting 22 days for an order from soccer03. Going by the tracking it still seems to be in Hong Kong, they don't respond to WhatsApp or email so probably the last order I'll place with them

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,112 ✭✭✭circadian

Whats the general quality of shirts from these places? I'm assuming at the price point not 1/1 with the real deal but are they likely to fall apart after a few washes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Paul MCM

I’ve only both stuff off Sandy Sports and I’ve bought one adult and two kids soccer jerseys and they are still perfect after a year. I’ve two NBA ones about 6 months and again they are perfect. I wash them on gentle and don’t stick them in the dryer.

they usually last a couple of years, i had one that peeled away on the lettering after a year but i was wearing it quite a lot and throwing it in the wash as normal

when you balance it out you can get 3 kits for the price of one genuine top it really is a no brainer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭munster87

Which of the better sites still use PayPal?

Thanks

Sandy and shoot use PayPal

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭AdrianG08

The new green Ireland Jersey seems to be way off in terms of how the real mccoy looks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

They are great for kids imo, up to when they start secondary school I'd say - to me they are very obviously fakes and that might start a bit of slagging for them in school.

My kid is ten and I've been getting him the full kits for 3 or 4 years now, the beauty of the cheaper price is that he grows out of them, so I don't care if they don't last more than a year, for that price and the amount he wears them they are good value. Just have to make sure they don't get in the dryer.

This summer I've ordered the new full United home kit, and ordered the new black keeper kit, just the top, for him yesterday.

He gets the genuine Shels jerseys each season though.

Anyone seen the Bohs Thin Lizzy jersey on any of these sites?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Granite Head

2024 Gigs and Events: Jarlath Regan, Depeche Mode, Roisin Murphy, Pip Blom, Nouvelle Vogue, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, Murder Capital, Pixies, The Stranglers, Liam Gallagher & John Squires, The Jesus & Mary Chain, DJ Shadow, Cam Cole, Fight Like Apes, Somebody's Child, Kacey Musgraves, Sprints, Nadine Shah, Jane Weaver, Bob Log lll, Jimmy Carr, Beyond The Pale, LCD Sound System, Patti Smith, Night & Day Festival, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, The Beat, Muirean Bradley, All Together Now, Bonny Prince Billy, Phosphorescent, Ride, Dirt Birds, Katel Keinig, Melts, Tommy Tiernan, The Libertines, Godspeed You, Black Emperor, Melts,The Last Dinner Party, St. Vincent, Los Bitchos, Iron & Wine x2, John Grant, Therapy, Ezra Collective, Public Service Broadcasting, Fat Dog, Ezra Collective, Nick Cave, Peter Hook & The Light, Idles, Elaine Mai, MJ Lenderman, Khruangbin, Lightning Seeds, Vampire Weekend, Fontaines DC, Villagers, Confidence Man, Amble

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭doney84

I was hoping to buy one off Sandy. Do you know if her version is close to the real mccoy?

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭doney84

Can anyone vouch for either Sandy or Shoot having a decent looking version of the current Irish home jersey?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Having a similar experience here, disaster from start to finish. Wouldn't take PayPal on the website, had to get it off him through the messaging section on the website. Then the amount I sent was wrong, as his was in GBP, but the website was in euro..

Waiting a month tomorrow on these, won't be using hi. Again.

Yeah, the kits arrived Wednesday. Quality is grand but I won't be using them again was very slow and didn't enjoy the payment process or the updates which were completely wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,112 ✭✭✭circadian

I'm assuming the badges are printed on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Newtown90

just got a few arsenal training tracksuits for myself and the young lad and an nba top from Sandy in 12 days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Guffy

Placed an order with Soccer03 about 3 weeks ago. No word since the initial confirmation. How long does it generally take for a dispatched email? Should I be looking to do a charge back?

Advertisement