Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Case Review of Sophie Tuscan du Plantier murder to proceed. **Threadbans in OP**

Options
1247248249250251253»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭chooseusername

But there is plenty about other suspects. The first on the list of suspects was Sweeney, the local peeping tom. Lived just over half a mile away along the old track from Dunmanus. He had used the track to visit Alfie on occasion I believe.

The travel agent in Galway where Sophie was a regular visitor before she bought the house in Dreenane reported a sallow skinned man that fitted the description of the man in Marie Farrell's early statements. He reported it to the local Garda and when he discovered the information was never passed to the West Cork Gardaí he went to the French embassy only to be told "they had their man", as far as I know he was never interviewed.

Bruno, Sophie's ex lover was checked, and his alibi stood up.

Locals Pecout and Wollney were checked.

The local couple who had cause to visit the immediate locale on a regular basis were questioned "agressively" (their words).

As you say there was probably plenty more on the list we know nothing about

In fact Bailey was not lised as a suspect until 4 days after the murder, at which stage there would have been quite a list I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭drury..

Very difficult to understand the point you're making here

If this tv trial happens there's no way bailey is found guilty. That's a given imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

And the person who committed the crime - IF they were among those interviewed - will have lied, of course.

I mean, who wouldn't?

Jaysus will ye stop calling people suspects

Persons of interest is more appropriate

Unless they're suspected of the murder

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭jesuisjuste

There were other suspects and persons of interest initially, but all were ruled out very quickly within around 8 days, before even DNA results were in, which is somewhat baffling. Since then, there have been no new named suspects or persons of interest.

Since there is no hard evidence against anyone, including Bailey, the only way any of the other suspects could have been ruled out so early is by having an alibi, almost all of those alibi's are questionable

• Advertisement

Is this all true or highly speculative , as it sounds

Any evidence or links for all these claims

I'm only focusing on the evidence that has been released, which is the opposite of speculative. No evidence points to anyone in particular. Therefore to be ruled out requires an alibi. How else would you rule someone out?

Have you evidence of any of your claims

Why are you referring to "named" persons of interest

That implies all persons of interest are named

This thread is controlled by the pro-bailey lobby . Anything else is shot down i get that.

The majority of the postings here are being stated as if they're fact , when this is not the case.

Also some of the pro-bailey camp here will simply flat out lie to contradict a point made

I don't know what you're talking about here, I'm not pro-anyone, I'll try and repeat it clearer.

Within the first 8 days the Gardai ruled out the 50 or so persons of interest. To rule someone out they would have to believe they could not have done the crime because they were not there at the time the crime was committed. They ruled out everyone except for Bailey, do you agree?

So all 50 had alibis to prove they weren't there ?

And there have been no subsequent persons of interest since 8 days after the murder ?

You are stating both the above as facts ?

• Advertisement

An alibi is a claim, it doesn't have to be proven.

It is a fact that everyone on the list claimed they were somewhere else at the time of the murder, and the guards believed them, and subsequently (within 8 days or so) they each were ruled out except for Bailey.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Gussie Scrotch

I don't think any posters on here are "pro Bailey".

He was a drunken narcissistic pig who violently attacked his wife. A thoroughly unpleasant individual without a single redeeming feature. This is indisputable.

But there's no evidence that he killed Sophie. That this is allso obvious to many posters does not make them "pro Bailey"

But you're stating that all 50 had alibis

Almost all the alibis are questionable

Yet gardai ruled out all 50 persons of interest within 8 days despite almost all of the alibis being questionable

Do you see my train of thought here ?

Your statements don't stack up

It seems to be an exaggeration or wild speculation so let's call it as it is

I'm not following your train of thought, what am I speculating about exactly? The gardai did rule out all the persons of interest except for Bailey. Do you dispute this?

I'll Iay it on the line for you

I believe you are making sh1t up to further an argument that gardai should be looking at these 50 persons who were ruled out

You're stating that somehow 50 persons of interest were ruled out within 8 days despite almost all of the albis being questionable

I'm just stating facts, you speak generally, not about specifics.

Let me put them in order for you:

1. The murder occurred
    2. There were a list of ~50 persons of interest, there was no hard evidence pointing to anyone in particular
    3. The Gardai ruled out every person of interest (except for Bailey), because they did not believe that they could have carried out the murder
    4. They did not rule out Bailey, instead arrested him twice and eventually sent his file to the DPP for prosecution
    5. The DPP declined to prosecute

Many people on here think after point 5. the guards should go back to point 3. Other people on here believe they should stay on point 4.

Which of these points do you believe is not a fact, what am I making up exactly?

Back up your claim that 50 persons of interest were all ruled out within 8 days

And that they were all ruled out despite almost all of their alibis being questionable

I simply don't believe it

I have nothing more to add on that

Is your problem just the 8 days specifically, I fine to concede that, and did not include that in the points I wrote down to make sure that they are impeccable, and tried to reduce to clear, agreeable points. Do you dispute any of them?

What is your source for the claim that almost 50 persons of interest had questionable alibis yet were ruled out

Is this information in the public domain anywhere

"the reason we don't hear about other is more than likely because there is nothing to make them suspects"

@Fr Tod Umptious you are speculating here, just to be clear. I'm not disputing what you say, but it is speculation.

• Advertisement

Be specific please, not general. Let me break it into the 3 points in your statement and tell me which you have an issue with:

1. "There were almost 50 persons of interest". This has been referred to frequently on here, do you dispute it?
    2. Alibis were questionable. I don't want to go through every single alibi in order, but suffice to say it was almost 12 hours in the middle of the night in winter, and just about everybody who was within driving distance was in bed at home, alone or with their family (except for Marie Farrell who said she was out, and Bruno, who had a receipt in France). This is obvious. Do you dispute this?
    3. All other persons were ruled out. This is evidenced by the fact that Bailey was sent to the DPP for protection. Only one person can be prosecuted for the same crime, therefore all others were ruled out. This is obvious, do you dispute it?

Answer the question I'm not going round in circles with other questions

Enough said

It's a compound question, which I broke into three answers. If you have a problem with any of my answers let me know. Otherwise I'm fine to agree to disagree.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Mannesmann

Realistically, short of some new DNA evidence being found or a credible source giving some significant verifiable new information, this murder won't be solved.

Advertisement