Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New build information

• 27-07-2024 9:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

we have placed a deposit on a new build, currently under construction. Prior to signing contracts we would like to know who our neighbours are and who have placed deposits.

How do we obtain this information?

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 123 ✭✭Spark Plug

You have no way of knowing this, the developer and/or sale agent is subject GDPR legislation and cannot disclose this information.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭JVince

How would you like if the developers gave out your information to all and sundry?

In a way you are coming across as the type of person who I certainly would not like to be near - someone who will judge a book by the cover.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭kabakuyu

There is no way to find out,but I assume you can find out what % of the development will be social housing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

Houses assigned for social are nearly always the smallest cheapest houses in an estate.

Sometimes you can see them marked in the planning documents from the council website.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 sport2022

@JVince i believe you have just judged a book by its cover with that comment. You don’t know me.

it’s a general question and not a debate on character. Being new to a process I was simply asking if it’s possible. When you are spending a considerable amount of money on a property you have to carry out due diligence on area, amenities, builders reps, building methods etc…

Maybe you should not be on a forum like this is your just going to judge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,634 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Perfectly normal to research the builders and building methods. That details should form part of the contract. They are directly a party to your contract.

But the neighbours are not. So the question would be, why do you want to know who they are?
    I don't want to assume your reasons, so would be good to get clarity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 884 ✭✭✭keno-daytrader

Spend your hard earned money and hire a private investigator. , 😉

☀️ 7.8kWp ⚡3.6kWp south, ⚡4.20kWp west

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,333 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Sounds like snobbery to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

When we moved into a new build a few years ago, our neighbours (who we happened to be casually acquainted with) told us they knew we had bought beside them because their solicitor had given them a full list of everyone who had bought a house in the development. It was clearly a massive breach of GDPR somewhere along the way but it didn't bother us too much. I assume the developer had given it to the solicitor. We didn't get any similar list from our solicitor so it must've been a mistake. Buying a new build you always take a chance with your neighbours. That's just how it is.

Advertisement