Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zgemma H7s Guide

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Schorpio

@eam77 the download is failing (i.e. no data is being downloaded). Is your box connected to your network (and the internet)? A network test (in the network settings) would be my first port of call.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭greasepalm

If box is connected and working lan connection i wonder if old image or new image and possible plugins not compatible.?

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭eam77

All seems ok with a network test

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭eam77

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭PJtharsaile

"Just for clarity - both OpenATV and OpenVix will happily support IP
    streaming to a client. There is an enigma2 plugin for Kodi which will
    make this happen on the Pi. There are also android/iOS apps, or you can
    use WebIF."

I have used Kodi on a ZGemma — set it up for a friend with Kodi in client mode on a PC running Linux. However, I understand installing Kodi on the ZGemma is not recommended and I have enough first hand experience of Kodi causing issues on an Android TV that I didn't reinstall it after an upgrade to 6.6. I was looking for something else.

I haven't yet got the WebIF working seamlessly. I'm using Linux Mint and the default app, Celluloid (a version of mpv), doesn't stream M3U8 files right away. I've tried some browser extensions but without yet getting to the bottom of what's needed; haven't really had time for it yet. Meanwhile, I use Android apps (by Christian Fees) on a tablet with no issues, as well as LibreElec in both client and server mode. To be clear I'm looking for an alternative to Kodi that can stream to a raspberry pi client.

The tuner fallback info is interesting and news; thanks for that.

• Advertisement

Menu - information - About will show the details of your image in use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,960 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

How do I see what bouquet Im on or switch between bouquets with just the remote control/tv and no internet connection please?

I manually rescanned for Sky News and got it back, but that came with every encrypted Sky Channel there is, so now the tv in my living room is stuck with a big long list of encrypted Sky channels and Sky News, where are all my old channels gone? I know they're in a bouquet somewhere but how do you choose your bouquets?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,526 ✭✭✭swoofer

You are probably in last scanned but if you tell me the image and skin i can give you a solution, go menu information about and read off i think you have vix but skin will appear as well

I just figured it out thanks, you just need to hit TV on the remote and all the options are in there, ways to add newly scanned channels to any bouquet and change the order and delete obsolete channels aswell with the remote no hooking up to the router required so Im all sorted now and finally happy with this beast after a year of wrestling with it 😁

• Advertisement

Also if you just go into Autobouqetmaker and tell it to scan it fixes 99% of broken channels by itself no manual work required and doesnt mess up the order of your channels (had to manual scan for Sky News for some reason), wish Id known that sooner!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭Davexirl

I bought this box off world of satellite, it cost €158 with 500gb hard drive and delivery. The import charge was €35, €193 all in.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭cathy427

Did you go with one of their firmware options?

(See to use wifi it needs a usb dongle)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭Davexirl

I went with OpenVix and the box is connected by a network cable to a nearby modem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Payton

Hi..so reading through this thread is it better to use OpenVix or OpenATV (what version) as I'm just setup a H7S box. My trusty Trivar box is alas no more and looking to get the H7S box up and running I just need some guidance with flashing etc.

Openvix is by far the best image it comes with everything you need, just needs a few tweaks and there is a huge forum dedicated to it. The h7s has 4 slots so you can have 4 different images BUT its best to start with Vix and then its easy with image manager to flash other images. The best image for openatv is 7.3 at the moment and don't be tempted by 7.4 or 7.5.

Go here to get the latest version of VIx 6.6 and NB you dont need the recovery image so go one one below it. And if you look across top of link it shows guides.

https://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php/downloads/zgemma-images/zgemma-h7/

Basically this is what you do: 1. flash image and watch onscreen prompts for language, resolution, then tuners, then network. 2. Now setup ABM and choose a region. Then hide sections. Watch green to save, green to scan. Now you have all the channels. 3. Set up EPG go settings and make sure its saved to flash. then select Enable OpenTV download, configure it and save. It may run immediately but if not when on a picture press blue and see opentv forced download.

NB you have to set a password for network or you cant access box.

The rest of stuff like picons, skins and so on are cosmetic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭andy1249

There is a full manual for openvix in the guides section. As far as I know no other enigma2 image has a full manual. That makes it the best for me.

@swoofer ….you say in 3. to save EPG to flash ??? Surely you mean to HDD or USB , saving to onboard flash usually causes problems sooner or later.

EPG to hdd or usb only and not to internal flash , was he testing us?

A complete cockup, watching those olympics and those BIKES BMX or something ob🤣viously distacted me.

Hope payton comes back NEVER EVER TO FLASH and well spotted😎

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 333 ✭✭Zilog

The Tiviar boxes have a notoriously unreliable power supply, but it is replaceable using a 12V laptop style power supply.
    Did it to a non-functioning 2nd hand one over Christmas 2021, still going strong!

Photo above shows old supply removed and new one installed.

• Advertisement

Great idea, I was thinking about that a while ago and decide to search for the pods but they were proving difficult to get a genuine part. I still have the Tiviar box so it looks like open heart surgery is on the cards.

Ok a bit of an update. I've trying to flash the box and I have formatted the 4GB flash key (I've tried 3 different flash keys all 4GB) with the HP tool. Downloaded ver. 6.6…so the 3 files are on the flash key?. Went through the process on the Guide after I insert the key but nothing is installing/Flashing. The old Image is still showing on the box. Is there a way to A: delete the image from the memory and B: to install version 6.6

Post edited by Payton on

Think you missed the button pressing to start flashing the receiver.

Flashing the Receiver.1) Power off the receiver 2) Ensure no other USB devices are plugged into the r 3) Insert the USB stick containing the ima possible. 4) Power the receiver on. 5) Immediately after powering on PRESS AND HOLD t appears on front display.

Apologizes…I did press the button on the front panel as per the manual but the "Flashing" doesn't appear on the display, I just see the display showing numbers from 00 to 60 I think.

Post edited by Payton on

Payton you are on the wrong track, tell me the image on the box and the version menu setup about

Hi..is this the information your looking for?

yes thats perfect but the image is very old however when you have an image on the box you dont use USB anymore you COUCH flash it using image manager and I assume you have box connected to the internet but do you have good speed?

As the image is very old, 4 years, I cant create it for myself but I have to make an awful lot oF assumptions, you have a HDD installed, and network working and a bit of know how. That image is very old and may be tricky but try this and go slow and you want to flash to slot 2 in case things go wrong. If you know how to set up tuners etc I would do a clean install. If stuck come back. its raining so i'm idle.

1. menu. setup' vix. image manager , yellow button you now get choices of different images go with vix, choose 6.6 at top = latest it will download, press blue and select slot 2. and just wait, system may do a backup then flash.
    2. Once flashed box may reboot to new image and follow prompts and set up as normal.

NB if you get stuck then I think box is first version ie HDD is internal and may be … did you buy/get seconhand?

Post edited by swoofer on

Hi I got it 2nd hand, seen it working.

Ok thank you for your help. I've updated the box and all seems ok, just a couple of things to sort out.

1, I did set the resolution of the screen when setting up and etc but as it shows on the photo the resolution is still out...is it adjustable ?

2, Small issue tuning Tuner C (Saorview) I'm not receiving all the Irish channels. Are the setting ok.

tuner c should be no that’s for cable , you can use signal finder to scan each saorview channel use channels 30 and 33. I’ll tell you tomoro how to size screen the resolution you set is for the box output. All will be clear later.

• Advertisement

Menu -Setup- User Interface - On screen display -OSD position

This allows you to adjust the picture to fit the screen and save and exit out when done.

Saorview have you added that provider to scan In ABM , your region and give you your channels.

Also using Three rock Dublin

Advertisement