Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can we stop the “if you point out republicans are ahead”- you’re a sex offender posts please?

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

I presume you are talking about me when you and others keep on referring to "centrist", of course you are, your whole post actually seems directed at me, which is bewildering.

The OP was talking about people in general

"You could say you don't want Trump to win but bring up a negative about Biden/Harris and you have grown men shouting rapist in a flurry of post"

You have completely missed the point, as usual.

Thats the whole crux of the matter thought isnt it. Anyone who doesnt agree with the echo chamber is a Trump supporter, a rapist sympathiser, a Nazi, mentally retarded, inbred or whatever other vile insult is in vogue.

I am a centrist, scoff all you may, somehow you and others believe than anyone you doesnt think Trump is the devil incarnate is a far right Nazi.

You do realise he got 70m votes last time and will probably get more this time so just castigating 70m people is horrendously ignorant.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭advisemerite

100% agree. Some people who post in support of Trump gets a warning for certain things said about Biden, then a Biden supporter gets away with the same thing about Trump.

Trump supporters report genuine personal abuse and receive no response.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,080 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

I don’t think any mod in fairness is going to address these issues from the last few weeks as simply the whole threads have moved on and it would just take way too much time with little positive outcome- but certainly if a “genuine” Trump supporter wishes to engage in debate then certainly they should be permitted to -

It must be said though if you’re supporting some of the statements Trump and camp have said about say “non-reproductive” women, and wish to have a conversation about that whilst supporting their stance , you may have to negotiate your way carefully - I’m afraid you’re on your own 😀

I started this thread complaining about abuse when stating “Trump is ahead in polls” when true. And purely stating it as fact not to rile people

Whether that continues who knows- I’d like to see more wider conversation and debate around why there are such views in America and why Trump has so much popularity and why such statements are being made- and if you truly agree then state your case and ask for a debate -I think discussion should be about learning and growth- it’s too easy to deride Trump and his policies, but he could well be the next president albeit possibly lowering chances of that as the days and weeks now progress - but doesn’t mean we can’t have a conversation around why such positions outlined by Trump resonate with so many in America- that’s certainly worth discussing .

• Registered Users Posts: 30,380 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Lest anyone doubt there aren't "centrists" flooding the thread with pro Trump \ anti Harris propaganda, take a look at the current exhibit on the thread, before a mod blitzes their account.

Claims not to be a Trump supporter, yet refuses to actually say anything bad about Trump.

Makes vague allusions to negative conduct by Democrats, can't even provide any when challenged.

Textbook.

A real "centrist" we would see a spread of posts, some positive, some negative about both sides. Importantly we would see them holding both sides to the same standards.

They never do. Instead we see a hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil about Trump and his reprehensible conduct.

Whereas for Harris-Biden even the most scurrilous mud will be slung.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

Are you insinuating that I am posting as a rereg on The Trump/Harris thread ?

You have sunk to a new low now.

I work very long hours, I dont have the liberty of spending my days posting tit for tat garbage on a forum like you and many others.

• Advertisement

I have no idea what you might think that. Curious reaction given that my post doesn't even mention a rereg. If I thought you were posting as a rereg on the thread, I wouldn't insinuate it, I'd report it, as is entirely proper to do as per boards standards.

I'm just calling out so-called 'centrists' who pretend not to be Trump supporters, and yet never post any unprompted criticism of Trump \ Republicans, never take a consistent line defending any Democrats or their policies. When they are quite obviously Trump supporters or 'sneaking regarders' of him. Their pretence is transparent, and their denials lack all credibility when they cannot point to any posts that actually show any 'centrist' positions at all. Their posts look exactly like someone here to bash Democrats, not to bash Republicans, zero evidence of holding both sides to equal standards.
    And when it comes to Trump - hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil. Sometimes other posters can drag mealy mouthed weak criticisms out of them. But always their invective is freely delivered towards Democrats. The exact opposite of what an actual 'centrist' would do.

I'm sure you will agree any poster conducting themselves in such a manner in sinking to a "new low" by such a bad faith argument?

And in the context of this thread, probing questions about Trump's crimes, and court case for rape, are a quick way to puncture that facade.

And if that is what you think of the forum, it says more about you than anyone else than you take such an interest in it, and have many posts of your own on US politics. If you are as busy as you claim to be. And that's not me getting personal, you were the one who brought that onto the thread.

What you have posted is a thinly veiled attack on me, I am the centrist you speak of, you aren't fooling anyone.

You are doing as you always do, throw indirect insults.

Its you and others who arent transparent.

I have just about had enough of you and your overly aggressive and spiteful posting manner.

Your blind hatred for one man means that you are completely unable to discuss anything objectively.

You and your cohorts have ruined every thread on this forum in which Trump is discussed, as others have said the US politics threads are an embarassment to the site.

The echo chamber blind hatred for one man means there can be no reasonable discussion of Trump, his policies, his family, demographics or society in general.

Each thread descends into the same group of posters trying to gang up on posters who disagree with the hive mind.

The hive mind bait and antagonise anyone who disagrees, mass report posts and act in collusion.

It is your side who is constantly acting in bad faith, constantly making excuses for Biden or Democrats whilst castigating Trump or Republicans for similar behaviour or policies.

I have repeatedly said I dont think Trump should be running for President and I have criticised his many failings, so your claim of "hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil" is utter bullshit.

I'm not here to accuse anyone directly or indirectly, I'm here to make readers of the thread aware of a pattern of posting on those threads. They can make up their own minds about the behaviour, determine for themselves who has engaged in such behaviour, and how to respond to that.

And you don't have exclusive rights to the use of 'centrist' or similar phrasings which have popped up on the thread. And there have been a few and still are positioning themselves as such.

The post is about a general posting pattern on the US politics threads, exhibited by multiple posters.
    Says a lot that you would assume that you are its only target, and that the description of posting style applies to you.

If you have made the posts you claim to have made, why would you assume it is an attack on your posts?

Any real 'centrist' or similar would have called out such posters on the thread, challenged them… do you have posts along those lines?

We should expect to see posts with unprompted defences of Democrats against false Republican attacks, with unprompted criticisms of MAGA Republicans and vice versa. We should expect to see the same standards applied to both sides. Is the standard of 'invective' directed at Democrats comparable with that directed at Republicans?
    Or do we see a standard of "hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil" for Trump and Republicans, or do other posters have to drag criticisms out of them?
    Do we see that in your posting history? You can answer that question to yourself, as can anyone who has time to check out your posting history.

Some posters thinks they are being "harrassed" and "bullied" because they aren't allowed to repost any old crap Trump has come out with, without their post and the claims within in being challenged and discredited by other posters. And yes it may be multiple posters doing that, that is not ganging up, that's what happens when easily or already discredited Trump propaganda is posted, and other posters respond sincerely to point out the truth. There's no rule on boards that other posters have to stand back. That's not a hive mind. When one side posts lies, and the other side responds with the truth, there will be a lot of commonality in that response.
    Each poster is entitled to challenge another post in the manner they see fit, within the general forum and site rules.

IF you think the threads are such an embarrassment to the site, that it is just "tit for tat garbage" in your words - maybe you should be asking yourself what you are doing still posting there, and whether your own posts have contributed to that.
    I do not think of the threads in that manner at all.

Oh and saying "you don't think Trump should be running" or has "failings", isn't remotely the same thing as saying he has no business running for President and that those failings should disqualify him from running, or that in an election he would not be your preferred candidate.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,759 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Well said, unfortunately the same gang of posters are left away with it by moderators who either friends with some of them or share the same views and you can see that with some of their contributions to CA threads unfortunately this has been going on for years.

It's a bad sign when one prominent member of the posters have had their X account (which they linked to a few threads) permanently suspended but continues to troll threads on here with no punishment.

You try and abide by the rules attack the post not the poster but yet that only goes one way the little snide comments from them you report it nothing happens you make a general comments about them on a thread and thread ban.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement