Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things that annoy you - Mod Note in OP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

The Newstalk cash machine rubbish eating into Movies and booze on Moncrieff, my favourite radio programme of the week!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,889 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,473 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

In fact, we get in trouble if we don't use them when possible, make every effort to deliver everything on the day. Eircoding and writing the household name on the vague envelope in the morning saves a lot of time when on the road (where data coverage/phone signal mightn't be strong).

My TA, being so bored on my day off work that I'm fighting the urge not to go for pints.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭drury..

Ok I stand corrected

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,473 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

That contestants on the chase who score 7 or so and don’t go for the higher amount .. they always say I’ll stick with what I earned then romp home . It’s the final chase where you get caught so go for it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,889 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

When you have the makings of a particular dinner all ready to go and then start reading a cookbook (or watching a cookery programme) that makes you want pretty much everything except the dinner you were planning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

There were discount codes for 10% & 15% off for the new Neil Young Archives box set

Naturally I used the 15% code & it worked. About an hour later, I saw reports of people using both & the two of them working.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,729 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

that I had to miss pretty much of the post lunch test cricket. But the highlights aren’t on till 10pm. So I’m trying to avoid clicking on any website or tv channel that might be reporting on it or show a result

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

It would be really trivially annoying if someone posted the results in this thread*. 😂

• Honestly that's a joke don't be a d1ck and do it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,810 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Talking of cricket, a 1980s trivial annoyance was playing cricket in a large concrete yard and having to use a golf ball.

I’ve learned not to post anything sport related . I once mentioned a F1 qualifying and got rightly scolded

Yeah but it’s up to an even €200,000 so give a call in. That’s Today FM but I think it’s the same

I’m still awake but I don’t know if I’ve taken my ZZZ tablets and I don’t want to OD

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Soooo a show I was watching I also knew was cancelled, I saw a series with half the usual episodes and naturally assumed (see what's coming?) that it ended there. Watched the final two episodes after work this morning only to discover a full new season.. 🙄🙄

I must also add a secondary TA that I realise starting a post with 'soooo' is something I normally find annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Charlo30

A power cut this morning and looks like it won't be back until lunchtime

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭redoctober

Newstalk has so much advertising and cash machine stuff. Barely room left for programmes! Used to be a great station.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,742 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Wedding Photos.

My parents wedding consists of photos in the church, outside and the reception.

There's no need for photos of the bride in a dressing gown having somebody curl her hair or the groom in his boxers.

I'd also include photos of the grooms men stopping the groom from running away and people trying to look to cool in sunglasses.

Post edited by freshpopcorn on

The definition of a sport needs clarification.

I watched 5 minutes of Dressage and while prancing around on a horse is lovely , it’s hardly a sport

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,000 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Because darts or snooker are?

If so, probably where the meaning of sport means pastime.

• Advertisement

snooker and darts are games , like pool pub games . Yes they can be played competitively but they are still games

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,000 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I was agreeing with you. 😀

I can't figure out how they can be considered sports, TBH…

Well on the other hand I can claim to be a sportsman 😜

Cambridge and Oxford seem to define it as an activity involving physical exertion and skill

You can argue there's some physical exertion in snooker and pool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I was about to say that they were games too…so why aren't they at the Olympic Games?!? Eh? 😄

I don’t mind’ games ‘ . It’s people calling them sports that TA me

You'll have to argue a little better than that

They appear to meet the definition of sport

Snooker and darts both involve physical exertion and skill

Mod

Warning applied.

Post edited by Sephiroth_dude on

Take the 100m

That involves a lot of physical exertion and probably not so much skill

Darts and snooker require a lot of skill and not so much physical exertion

• Advertisement

Technically , so does sleeping . Now 15 golfers with clubs , and 15 cricketers with bats going at it and last man standing wins . I’d pay to see that 😃

Advertisement