Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

😂

If the mother is as old as she sounds what age are we guessing Kate’s granny is?

AH KATE!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,769 ✭✭✭LambshankRedemption

Presumably, granny was sent to a mother and baby home when she was 14, so not a whole lot older.

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭blackvalley

Your lack of empathy for a fellow human being whose career has been destroyed because of an unfortunate accident is shameful. Don’t know what you’re referring to about Sangria but it’s unlikely that a professional athlete would be out training while intoxicated. . I suggest that you crawl out of your mammys box room and put your name to your malicious comments.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,313 ✭✭✭Archeron

Usain Bolt has taught me that years of saving power and only putting on a full wash is actually completely wrong.

Its perfectly fine to put on the washing machine to wash just one t-shirt. And not only that, but a single t-shirt that is visibly so clean you need a CSI miami stylee dna detector to see the dirt.

Surely Usain Bolt of all people has more than one fecking running shirt??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭Glencarraig

Its about time they did away with the archaic "parade" of players before the game. These guys are superb athletes and the last thing they need it a doddle walk behind the band and dont get me started on the delay in recent games before "extra time". Last game I think it was 25 minutes or similar, the players need a full warm again at that rate….its just ridiculous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,431 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,434 ✭✭✭squonk

The whole thing with the parade and brass band are like something you’d see in Peaky Blinders. It might as well be 1924 looking at the whole thing. Definitely it’s a bit disrespectful to the players nowadays who are as fit and well trained as professional players in other sports. I think it actually looks embarrassing. It’s all a bit ultra Irish and uktra traditional overall. Just in case any change would affect the “purity” of the whole thing or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,422 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

embarrassing the the players. Embarrassed for us all now that the BBC are carrying the gages and it’s being shown in other parts of the world.

You've spoken to them have you?

You think the lads lining out for their county, marching behind the band as they parade all four corners of croke park, in front of their families, friends and neighbours are embarrassed?

I don't think you understand the first thing about the GAA if you think the players are embarrassed doing that.

As for being embarrassed about what you're imagining some lad in Bedford is thinking... Maybe get a grip of yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,813 ✭✭✭deezell

Like they parade the horses before a race, around the ring. It really is naff. All we need to bring back on Sunday is the Bishop of Galway throwing in his balls. Oh, wait...…

There’s always diehards who are very quick on any forum jumping all in to attack anyone with any ounce of criticism of their beloved GAA. It’s like a cult. You just can’t have a normal airing of views with them. That’s why the organisation is fundamentally stuck in the past and why there is still rubbish like the parade happening.

What is it specifically I need to know to understand the GAA? I’m Irish and you can’t get away from them here so I feel I have an understanding of them thanks. To be fair you don’t need to “understand the GAA” to see that a quaint little parade behind a marching band looks naff and I’d fairly say the lad in Bedford certainly never heard of the GAA let alone understands them so will certainly wonder why it all looks so old hat.

Post edited by squonk on

The Gaa and its ethos, symbolism and history are are always prime, front and centre, never the players. As amateurs, they have all the standing of volunteers, or movie extras. The central committees have always come down on the players organisations like a ton of bricks. Do they even get a few quid for appearing in revenue earning GaaGo games? You'd get 50 quid or more just for walking past in Fair City.

During COVID, the GAA announced that their senior players would be bringing groceries to elderly people in the area who couldn't or didn't want to go to the shop any more. My elderly father, 83, not driving anymore, 4 miles to nearest shop decided to avail of the service. You know how long they continued doing it? A week. Big grand announcement they'd be doing it, not even a whisper saying they weren't any more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,365 ✭✭✭pgj2015

The vodafone advert where the wimp guy runs up the the top floor of the lighthouse to talk to the girl he fancies. Yet another advert where males are made out to be useless and pathetic.

Yes, but the older brother is a proper jock-rugger-bugger type straight from the pages of Paul Howard. Great D4 male role model. The parents on the other hand ooze bohemian artshole creds, (they live in a lighthouse ffs, no wonder the boy is socially awkward). Actually, speaking of Jocks, the lighthouse is located in Scotland, 40 miles east of Edinburgh, right next to a Nuclear power station, so no wonder our dweeb is anxious.

It's always interesting to see how ad industry creatives paint social and domestic tableaus to try and get under your skin with "oh, I wish my circumstances were so novel" sentiment. I don't think signing up to a phone plan is going to reduce the shittiness of anyone's life, but, thats the ad trade for ye. It's fun, poking same at them here!

I hate the ad. Pretty sure she’s video calling. FFS! She’s outside. Knock on the door or ring the bell hun and ask whatever “cool” parent that answers if dweeb can go fur a walk.

• Advertisement

But he has social anxiety and would disappear under his duvet if she just turned up, so she has to ease him into a social setting. Vodafones attempt at inclusivity.

Teenage girls are confident, teenage boys are terrified. It was ever thus.

And in his case, he's better off not letting her into the house, as within a week she'll flip him for the knobhead brother, then he won't leave his room for a year. And it will all be Vodafone's fault. So, don't do it Tristan!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,151 ✭✭✭RoTelly

Amazon add with girl moving into her new flat and ordering plants. Song in the background is highly annoying.

______

Just one more thing .... when did they return that car

Yesterday

its very pc as well, like most adverts these days.

I hope she isn’t expecting a bit of habdsyvactuon then if toss pot has too much anxiety to even answer the bloody door! She’ll definitely drop him for dickhead rugby jock brother but at least she’d be certain he’d always be going down for a try! 😀

I HATE that advert where they are talking about how they met, at a festival, its so cringy and not in any way close to the reality of how Irish friends act around each other. They obviously think its a hilarious advert but its anything but. 🤮 I also have no idea what the advert is trying to advertise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Is that the one for one of those finance companies where effectively steal your house?

• Advertisement

No idea. I think maybe an alcohol advert? im not sure.

Advertisement