Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supervalu Bonus Rewards

• 28-05-2012 8:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭

Has anyone heard of the supervalu bonus rewards??looks pretty good you can get travel offers in Europe from 89.50pps and new york for 499$ your get away breaks and 10% off stena line ferries also you can save 20% off gym memberships,spa breaks,adventure groups and resturtants nationwide got a code today i must book a day out with the family for the summer :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

US city breaks do not include flights obviously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

Off-topic ** Great that SuperValu have their special offers leaflet in PDF format, as well as Flash: http://supervalu.ie/special-offers-pdf/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭Delta2113

Great to see this improvement - one scan and your done (and pay off course).

https://supervalu.ie/rewards/activate-and-scan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,525 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Advertisement

Thought you could still scan the barcode in store with another card but no barcodes anymore for each voucher or coupon in the app.

Post edited by Delta2113 on

I was scanning one card but vouchers from 2 accounts, I will have to separate the order now I guess

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 379 ✭✭Ted222

Nothing particularly great about it. The benefits are all SuperValu’s. Customer through the till quicker and can’t now use other family members discounts.

I think I’ll be visiting Tesco more often.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Hideki99235

Tesco definitely the worst supermarket in Ireland now.
    The smaller stores are a disgrace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭xpletiv

Ever since they described us as Treasure ireland, I've always thought Tesco were scum.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

you can use vouchers from two accounts still. Me and my wife did it with the shopping today. The woman on the till knew how to do it. Just don’t pre load the second voucher.

I must look into that, we get shopping for my father in law and it’s over €200 a time and lately weve been using €28 in vouchers

Might only work for this week. You can't seem to generate a barcode without activating the voucher or coupon. Hope I'm wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Qprmeath

Can’t see anything in Ts and Cs to suggest you can’t use multiple vouchers.

using multiple voucher from the same account will work but if the new system requires activating vouchers to the rewards card then it’s stopping people from using family members vouchers unless they have a screenshot of the card and separate the shopping

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 233 ✭✭deadimmortal

activated my vouchers in the app, went and did my shop using the self scan, and when I got to the till I was asked did I have any vouchers, I said I activated them in the app so should apply automatically, they guy looked at me like I had two heads and didn’t know what I was on about, I just said yeah and scanned the vouchers then as normal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,042 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

i have a main account which i would usually scan the bar code

but depending on spend, might use vouchers from another account

eg, my main account only ever seems to give me a 5 off 35. other accounts now giving 7 off 40

so if i spend 40 now i'll only get a fiver off??

or if i spend 75, can i stack them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,642 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Had you ever tried scanning 2 vouchers on the old system?

If you activate the spend and save on your main account, it will be auto applied when you scan your card.
    So then your side voucher may not work.
    You can still scan the voucher code, so don't activate the discount on your main account until you know what one you want to use.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,042 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

yes was able to stack vouchers from multiple accounts … last tried couple of months ago

good point… just don't activate voucher

I’ve been stacking multiple vouchers for a long time, not so sure it’s going to work now without separating the shopping, might for the first week or two as the update is only new

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭jos22

you can still share vouchers, tested it last week and this week, 2 ways around it at the moment, option one is login into rewards site via chrome and view your vouchers their and write down the codes for them.

option 2 is via the app, activated the voucher in the app then view the voucher to see its code, write down the code and then deactivated the voucher so it nolonger tied to a real reward tag.

and simply had provide the codes as normal at check out.

I wonder will they try and stop this? Hopefully not it's good to know - thanks jos22.

Advertisement