Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vice President Kamala Harris vs Donald Trump 2024

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 27,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Just for the record, which well known politician outside of his own VP candidate compared Trump to Hitler?

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭Redliketoast

Glad you asked

Thomas Crooks was influenced by the democrats and the media's portrayal of Donald Trump as the next Hitler.

Such extreme comparisons can create a sense of urgency and fear, leading some individuals to believe that drastic actions, like shooting Trump, are necessary to prevent a perceived catastrophic threat to democracy and human rights.

The false narrative radicalized Crooks by making him see Trump as an imminent danger requiring immediate intervention.

Could you imagine Trump's campaign did this and Biden got shot? I mean some here would be calling for Trump to be locked up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭eightieschewbaccy

You have no evidence of what his motivation is. That's the reality. So you're lying when you claim to know it.

I have never defended Trump's involvement in Jan 6th. I said many times in fact, that while I don't think he sought an insurrection, he certainly did nothing to stop it once it started. For that he does bare responsibility.

But you bring up a valid point. Trump never said "hang Mike Pence"

Biden campaign DID say Trump was the next hitler

• Registered Users Posts: 8,045 ✭✭✭Christy42

That comparison is take by Trump standards.

You are fully convinced of your world view with 0 evidence. Maybe he just wanted a high ranking politician and Trump showed up next. Maybe he was influenced by the Epstein files. Right now the most likely is that he wanted his name in the papers, that is what many of them want, for their suicide to make headlines.

The only evidence you have is your need o be able to paint the Dems as bad as the Republicans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Flaneur OBrien

That's all conjecture. All of it.

A picture diagram:

There is nothing in your post that is considered fact, but mere opinion. It's a bit depressing to see you reach such lows. Not even a mention that his friends described him as conservative, or that he was a gun nut?

One day we'll find a trump supporter that can argue with facts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,146 ✭✭✭✭briany

I don't believe I said Trump said 'hang Mike Pence' either, so I'm not sure what your point is, there. There were people outside the Capitol chanting that phrase, as I've said, and the question is what led them to that point.

Now, if we were to go through the testimony and evidence presented against all of those who participated in the Jan 6th Capitol attack, do you think we wouldn't find plentiful reference to the same conspiracy theory promoted by one Donald J Trump?

Regarding Crooks, he made a single donation of 15 dollars to a Democrat aligned cause nearly four years prior, but was registered as a Republican at the time of the shooting, so at best this puts us back to the original footing of we don't know what his politics were at the time of the shooting, and there is no evidence of any kind which has yet emerged that any words about Trump were a motivator.

Nope none have said the actual words. The words that were used by them were "threat to democracy" Biden and Harris both said it. It was used as much as border czar was tbf.

Pelossi has even said that he is a clear and present danger and we must take action...... of course she denies it is meant as violence.

Maria Chappelle-Nadal when she was senator for missouri, posted on facebook and said "I hope Trump is assassinated!"

Katy griffin held up Trump's severed head in a sketch.

Johnny Depp joked at Glastonbury in 2017/18(around that time. I'm sure googoe knows if you are interested) but he said "when is the last time an actor assassinated a president?" Referring to Trump.

Madonna, Ricky Rourke, Griffin Dunne, Joss Whedon all said similar things.

Kamala Harris herself joked about it when on the Ellen show.

Cynthia Nixon wss running for gov of New York when she said she wanted "take Trump out"

Even Biden said over and over how much he wanted to take Trump behind the gym hall

You don't think that there had been a little bit of a rethoric building here that makes people want to hurt Trump?

Do we have enough room to point out the "other side" of this argument?

So how is that any different to assuming Trump premeditated the insurrection?

Both disgusting acts because of careless use of disgusting words

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,869 ✭✭✭Shoog

No, it was not a Democrat supporter, it was a Republican supporter.

No amount of claiming it was a Dem will change the fact that he was a registered republican - or are you about to veer into CT territory to support your statement ?

Yes of course.

Words that Trump said are also inflammatory and disgusting and vile.

My point is both sides need to grow the f up.

I am saying the republicans are wrong.

the issue is people in here dontbthink the democrats have done anything wrong. People seem to think the democrats cant be faulted and they are better than the Republicans. It is a mentality of fiction. It is pure tribalism.

Did he donate to the democrats?

Nobody has claimed he donated to the republicans.

Do you think registering to be a Republican party member makes you a Democrat ?

Do you not think that gathering an angry mob outside the Capitol building and encouraging them to fight like hell to prevent the certification of Biden was encitement to riot and insurrection. If you don't then really the only conclusion is that Trump was yet again a thoughtless idiot - but you know that ain't so don't you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,813 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

After trying to defend Jan 6th, now you're claiming a gun club registered republican was actually a Joe Biden influenced democrat.

Have you no depths you won't plumb in defending a rapist con-man?

Why would anyone take any of your posts seriously with that level of trump fawning on display?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 27,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Trump is a threat to democracy as was incredibly clearly demonstrated 4 years ago and as his rhetoric is alluding to once again.

I don't really care what random celebs say.

Maria Chappelle-Nadal was a state senator and was reprimanded and punished for her comments.

Meanwhile about half the actual political candidate ads you see from Republicans these days have them literally firing weapons and blowing **** up.

This is just utterly perverse and flagrantly dishonest "bothsidesism"

No I think giving money to the Democrat party is literally supporting the Democrat party.

When did I defender Jan 6th? Lying again?

Crooks donated to the Democrats. He went old enough to vote last time so what makes him more rep than dem. Again he literally gave the dems money. That is the very definition of support

Where have I defended Trump when it comes to sexual assault or fraud?

You ask why people would take my posts seriously. But what lies have I told?

You on the other hand have accused me of defending Jan 6th. Defending trump commiting rape and defending trump commiting fraud. None of which I have done.

So in summary you are lying and I have not lied

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,552 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Do you know the difference between a correlation and a causation? You taking facts from the shooter (a correclation) and assuming that they're his motivations. There's no assuming trump premedditated the insurrection because there's actual recordings and court documents, makred causation

So you really think been a current paid up member of the Republican party is less significant that a four year old donation, really, honestly ?

'We won this election, and we won it by a landslide'

'We will stop the steal'

'We are going to the Capitol'

'We will never give up. We will never concede. It doesn't happen'

'If you don't fight like hell you're not going to have a country anymore'

What "careless use of disgusting words" from the democrats is the equivalent here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,850 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Posts like this would get laughed off of 4chan back in the day.

The registered Republican shot the Republican candidate who had been called Americas Hitler by the Republican VP candidate and we have turgid pearl clutching nonsense like this blaming it all on the Democrats.

One of the most "reaching" attempt I have seen to spin a narrative and I'm watching politics with interest nearly 30 years now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭Economics101

We have heard so much of this garbage. If what you say is true, then consider this:

https://ballotpedia.org/History_of_Donald_Trump%27s_political_donations

DJT has made numerous donations to the Democrats. Crooks' petty one-off donation signifies nothing in terms of political allegiance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,700 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Could we drop this pointless tit for tat guys? As things stands there's no good reason to believe Crooks's political allegiances, and whatever they were they don't appear to be very pronounced, had a significant influence on what he did…

So your claim is that there are recordings of Trump saying he wants his supporters to commit take over the country?

My claim is that using words can cause a reaction despite what you actually want the words to mean.

My claim would back that Trump is responsible for Jan 6th. Just like the anti Trump rethoric is responsible for the shooting

But what lies have I told?

This one. Here. There may be others, but this is fresh in my mind.

Saying a comment that likened Trump to Hitler ,"inspire someone to shoot him in the head though" is a lie.

It's unprovable. It's never going to be the truth. So yes, you have lied.

It's the talking point the Trumpbots have been sent out to promote so we are going to see it increasingly used as a diversion tactic. The flood has the potential to shift some peoples opinion and so it cannot go uncontested as it has real potential to cause harm.

You are missing the few paragraphs in that speech which are before this.

He told his supporters tonshow their faces to the cameras and the msm can't pretend the supporters don't exist this time. He made a huge deal about showing the media that they are there in numbers.

This supporters the argument for marching to the capital so the numbers can't be downplayed.

Context matter's.

But as I said before, one it kicked off he should have said something. Because he didn't, he is responsible.

@Redliketoast

Crooks donated to the Democrats. He went old enough to vote last time so what makes him more rep than dem. Again he literally gave the dems money. That is the very definition of support.

Even if we play this game, allowing no writings from Crooks outlining his motivation have yet surfaced, he gives a one time donation of 15 dollars to a Democrat aligned group in January of 2021. If we take this as a sign of political sympathy at that time, he then registers as a Republican in September of 2021, which indicates a change of political sympathies, compounded by his being unsubscribed from the ActBlue mailing list in 2022. Therefore, if that's all we have to go on, he was Republican at the time of shooting Donald Trump.

Not that I agree with that conclusion because he's basically a ghost, online-presence-wise, in the time leading up to the attempted assassination and until some contemporaneous evidence emerges, we have no clue what his actual motivations were.

Yea how much did Crooks give the rep party?

He donated to the dems. That's not a lie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,552 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

What facts do you dispute during the second impeachment of trump?

List them please and show your evidence.

Betcha you'll duck this

• Advertisement

Did Crooks give to ActBlue before or after registering as a Republican?

How much did he give to ActBlue after registering as a Republican?

Would this indicate that his political affiliation had changed?

Answer section:

A) Before

B) Nothing

C) Yes

Advertisement