Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2024 - General Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭boetstark

A beautiful 26 c in Southern Brittany. Our residence until mid September 😎

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Needmoretea

It was lovely until about 15 minutes ago! The cloud seems to be coming from the east but it might clear up again later, hopefully!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Hippodrome Song Owl

It's a nice day in Celbridge but there has been plenty of cloud since noon. Breeze keeping it feeling cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Robwindstorm

To be sure, to be sure hi !

Fair bit of cloud has rolled in now

• Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

I haven’t seen one sunny afternoon this ‘summer’ , sure the sun has come out for a couple of minutes at a time.
    There hasn’t been one single solitary day that has been sunny from dawn til dusk.

An easterly is required for clear skies but the chances of an easterly in July is about the same as one in January.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,905 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

Beautiful sunshine interspersed with a lot of cloud now in North Dublin . Sitting out comfortably and warm 21 degrees , in the garden enjoying hearing the roars from Croke Park .

Might toddle in to see who is winning in a bit .

Edit just heard it's Armagh !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Dazler97

Lovely and warm here in carrick 23c , well done armagh winning the all Ireland final I🇮🇪

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Carol25

Nice weather in Galway, but breezy in the afternoon. Terrible performance in the football!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭pauldry

Cloudy evening in the West even though Met Eireann think the sun is still shining here

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

Definitely bbq evening Dublin 8...lovely evening

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,326 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Hi neighbour. Armagh coach just passed me on East wall Road. Still warm in fairview Park. Never saw the traffic as nuts around here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭KanyeSouthEast

Gone very breezy here now and sun practically gone. You certainly wouldn’t be sitting out Al fresco in any comfort. Lovely day though mostly sunny often calm and 21/22 degrees. No complaints. Just switched on TG4 there and saw the half time break of the football final and croke park looked nothing but bathed in sunshine. 🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭yagan

Lovely day in Cork harbour, tan is coming along nicely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭acequion

A lovely day in Tralee. No idea what temps but it felt nice and warm in my back garden where I was able to spend the entire day, so I'll take that. It's been an ok enough week here and the next few days are meant to be nice. Once I get my regular breaks to proper continental sun I won't be too greedy at home. Once there's enough warmth to comfortably wear summer clothes by day out and about and once it's not constantly raining and grey, I can live with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,905 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

Mad Nordies 😁

Lovely evening . Great to get a bit of time sitting in the garden , bottle of wine , sun setting in the trees ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭squarecircles

Hard to bleed one full fine day out of summer 2024,always clouds over, temperatures are tragic. Reflects on what a poor summer it has been.

Back to standard pig muck from tomorrow, chocked and buried under cloud and 16 degrees with patchy rain and drizzle before more standard misery resumes on Thursday, heaven help us, it would drive u to drink, and to think that a few hundred miles to our south there is scorching intense heat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Fabulous day Meath yesterday and what super weather they had for HQ.

Eh grey skies and rain this morning. Thought we had a few nice days ahead. I didn't zone in to Joannas forecast last night, too dead atter AllIreland to care 🙈ti hope this shower a blip to enjoy a few days off.

14⁰ Meath

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,103 ✭✭✭OldRio

Rain this morning 12C. Looks like we are paying for our 30 mins of sunshine yesterday. Haha.

Leitrim

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭wazzzledazzle

Great day yesterday, a full day of gardening done. Bright start to today, 15c N Kildare

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭mykrodot

A beautiful day yesterday in Valentia and Cahirciveen and Derrynane.

Listening to Joanna Donnelly last night I was sure she said today and tomorrow would be sunny. I woke to rain and thick clouds this morning. Yikes! The one thing about this Summer is the weather has not "settled" at any stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭highdef

There's a fairly substantial band of rain running across many parts of the southern half of the country, it's currently stretching in a line from around Kinnegad to Cork city. I don't recall this being forecast though, unless I missed something.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

Cloudy and breezy in Dublin this morning…

Met has it cloudy all week in dublin bar Wednesday which will by sunny while I'm at work but cloudy as soon as I finish. More of the bleedin' same.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,040 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

….'patchy rain around this morning'….

Just a big patch! 😅

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭wazzzledazzle

Gone cloudy, very cloudy, and the heat that was there this morning has gone. Hope this isn't a pre-cursor for the week ahead

EDIT

It's Raining

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭mykrodot

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Hippodrome Song Owl

Rain in Maynooth. I had not planned for this at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Highlighter75

Have we had 3 days in a row of blue skies and warm sunshine this summer?

I was away for the first half of June but we haven't in Dublin anyway. We must be one of the few places on the planet where this can happen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭Artane2002

July 8th had nearly unbroken sunshine and was the sunniest July day since 2019.

It's raining in Dublin City Centre, it wasn't forecast so I'm not dressed for it, I'm not impressed.

Advertisement