Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl selling Salter EK5728 Fuzion Dual Air Fryer €50 off RRP

• 11-07-2024 12:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭

went down to get this in Lidl as a great price at €89.99 but they were all gone. Can anyone confirm that they were actually on sale today please. Cost €144 on Amazon. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 444 ✭✭freebee23

Yes I can confirm that at 11.30 am they were available in my local Lidl store in Blakestown, Dublin 15.

I bought one myself for €89.99 and am looking forward to using it.

Cheers, freebee23

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,402 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Ring Customer Care and they will be able to tell you if there is stock in stores near you.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭Marhay70

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 463 ✭✭Gary_dunne

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

If you're on the fence, get off it quickly and get one.

I've the other model with two drawers, and no removal divider, and I can see why this is a far better solution. I love it and use it daily. You won't regret.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

Cheers op. Got one yesterday, love that the divider is removable. None left now in Claremorris

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭djr

Just picked one up in Portmarnock, 3 left there now. They seem to be out of stock in most other stores in Dublin. Just in case anyone is still looking for one. Also, they're doing a Daewoo one next week for similar money but I don't know how it compares...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭davehey79

https://www.firstireland.com/products/daewoo-9-litre-double-drawer-air-fryer-sda2616

This seems to be the Daewoo one going by the leaflet image (no model given)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 378 ✭✭pjq

Any opinions on the Daewoo offer would be appreciated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,826 ✭✭✭Buffman

It's the cheapest dual air fryer I've seen for sale anywhere recently by a long way. I can confirm it's the SDA2616 if you want to check reviews.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles to avoid the DRS fee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 BottomBurp

After testing mine for a few weeks, I'm happy enough. The cons for me are:

Difficult to wash the dual bucket because it is so big
    Slower cooking than my 5 year old tower by 20-25%, presumably because of bigger basket and divider leaking out heat.
    I can't see anyway to figure out when pre-heating is done
    Control panel was designed by a sociopath

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 236 ✭✭Stillnotworking

Was in Lidl Nutgrove and they have a plethora of Airfryers. They had the 2 drawer silvercrest and these 2

Any recommendations on which would be the better? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭scrotist

For folks thinking about buying an air fryer:

Make sure it has a detachable basket.

I had one like the photo above where there is no detachable basket. Massive piece of shyte. You can't dump things out onto a plate (unless you want a load of black burnt bits and a load of grease on top of your food)

So you have to grab the items one by one and take them out. With a tongs or something.

Ideally you want to throw your chips out like you see them do in McDonalds. This is why the basket system is better. Takes 1 second vs ages picking things out manually.

So, check the air fryer before you buy. Usually you can see a little button on the handle which means you can detach the basket.

None of the air fryers in this thread have this. So don't buy them.

I am sure people will come along and say everything is fine. Same response I get everywhere. But these people have all spent lots of money on the shytty non-detachable basket type and are stuck with it, so they try to defend it and justify their purchase.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 463 ✭✭Gary_dunne

It all depends on what you are cooking to be honest.

I have a dual one with no detachable basket and love it. Doesn't take much effort to take a couple of chicken breasts out with a tongs. If you're doing McD's style fries then ye it takes a few more seconds but hardly "ages picking things out manually".

I'm not defending it because I'm stuck with it, if it were to break I'd probably buy the exact same one again.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭scrotist

More things to wash. Let me guess, you have the annoying version with no detachable basket?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

No need to get upset, I didn’t realise I’ve upset the oven cult in you. I actually have none, But I see those liners on Amazon all the time. Use them and bin them. No washing. There like grease proof paper looking things.

Advertisement