Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hamas strike on Israel - Threadbans in op - mod warning in OP updated 19/10/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,684 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

I'm pretty sure its been claimed daily that there is no bigger bloodthirsty terrorist than Israel in the region?

So surely Iran and Turkey need to be fully supported to eradicate the worst terrorists from the region (Israel). Or is it actually a case where people have lost all sense of reality in their demonisation of Israel?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Criticising Israel for killing civilians daily in Gaza is not demonisation. The only poster that seems to be talking about eradicating Israel is you.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Il'd love to see this claim or is it just your latest line of complete and utter bs

What has been said, is that Israel has killed more than it has suffered casualties and it's not even close.

If we combined all of Israel's "enemies" out to destroy it and then see the kill rate of them v Israel when in conflict with each other, Israel is lightyears out in front such is the efficiency of their killing machine

Nobody has claimed Iran is not problematic, and many other nations, but for you to keep coming up with complete nothing burger shitposts show that you have not got a **** clue about what is actually happening now or historically and just how much blood is on the hands of Israel and the idf.

Ah so now Hamas/Hezbollah et al dont want to eradicate Israel? So much retconning.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Retconning? You seem to be alone now in supporting these groups in this thread. Or you are sarcastically supporting them, I cant really tell at this stage. It doesnt really add anything to the discussion.

• Advertisement

Its because its hilarious the refusal to condemn anyone but Israel. Even in this word salad your bias shines through like an over the top parody. Israel is a "killing machine", the others are merely "problematic". When you say historically you obviously mean before October 6th but do you mean after September 1972 or do you also whatabout that away as a problematic incident?

There's been plenty condemnation, look beyond your own bias for once though.

Historically, I mean since Israel existed as a sovereign state. They have a kill rate that far exceeds all others with whom they have been in conflict.

But if we just loom at the present one, prior to October 7th, in the 14 years prior, gige or take Israel had roughly an 18:1 kill rate . And the injured, maimed rate was far far higher.

They are an aggressor quite a number of instances. Preemptive strikes is not a defence as they've tried before.

You don't post anything of substance, just try to post something a little sarcastic and hope to get a reaction, but when posts that go into an awful lot of detail of what has happened you scurry off and wait until you can pop your head out again for some smart arse remark

• Registered Users Posts: 16,789 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Turkey is not going to attack Israel. Erdogan is making noises to appeal to his base. He knows well that if he attacks Israel it will likely be the end for him. He survived the coup in 2016 but there would be no surviving such an idiotic and dangerous step.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭combat14

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭engineerws

Remarkable for Turkey to be fighting against genocide and the US to be funding genocide. The USA has plunged into a moral abyss and that's not even mentioning how they had been assisting the Saudi's to slaughter people in Yemen until recently.

I wonder if there a Rubicon which the USA crosses and becomes global pariahs like Russia or is it okay for them and their proxies to murder with impunity indefinitely?

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭engineerws

Wasn't Erdogan elected recently in a democratic election? If anything, shouldn't Israel be portrayed as the dictatorship in their apartheid state?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,969 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I don't know why Israel would want to annihilate any of their neighbours now as Israel has been so good and decent to them over the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭SonicSuper

It's utterly laughable when you see the way they call Russia out on their war crimes and in the same breath are cheerleading a genocide in another part of the globe.

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭scottser

Well Francie, the UN has declared that both the Israeli government and Hamas both have committed war crimes. If you criticise Hamas, you must level the same at Netenbastard's actions.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Israeli Justice Minister supports rape. "Holy Work" according to him includes inflicting sexual abuse on a Palestinian detainee that was so bad that other Israeli authorities felt obliged to arrest the suspected perpetrators.

"The investigation was launched after a detained terror suspect was brought from the base to a hospital with signs of serious abuse, including to his anus."

"Justice Minister Yariv Levin attacks the High Court of Justice for the arrest of nine soldiers suspected of abusing a Palestinian detainee, arguing that it justifies the revival of his since-suspended judicial overhaul effort.

“I was shocked to see the difficult pictures of soldiers being arrested at Sde Teiman the way dangerous criminals are arrested,” he says, arguing that the servicemen in question had been engaged in “holy work” and that their arrest was the result of a “moral distortion that starts from the top, from judgments and decisions of the High Court.”

Source:The Times of Israel

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/levin-argues-arrest-of-9-soldiers-justifies-renewal-of-judicial-overhaul-effort/

https://www.timesofisrael.com/military-police-raid-idf-detention-facility-9-held-over-serious-abuse-of-a-detainee/

• Registered Users Posts: 16,653 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

I've already been through this before, I can't remember if it was you or not.

The claims of dead x number of children come directly from Hamas. The same terrorist organisation that are clearly very motivated to inflate these numbers.

I have no doubt that there are children dying in Gaza. Most of whom that are dying, are dying because of Hamas. Hamas deliberately insert their forces into civilian areas, schools, hospitals, humanitarian relief areas, etc. It's not Israel's fault that they are dealing with a regime that has absolutely no regard whatsoever for the life of their children. I've quoted Hamas sources here before, dead kids are a price they are quite willing to pay in this war.

The sooner this terrible war ends the better. The sooner that Hamas are removed from control the better. The rebuilding can begin, and everyone in Gaza will have a much brighter future than the last 10+ years of Hamas rule.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Another Israeli war crime. I've said it before and I'll say it again, The Times really does deserve credit for it's reporting and not shying away from doing articles on Israeli crimes.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/idf-investigating-demolition-of-water-facility-by-troops-in-southern-gaza/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭rogber

So many guys here with a major hard-on for full scale regional war to break out, the ceaseless slaughter of Palestinian is no longer exciting enough.

But it won't happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭SonicSuper

Both Israel and Lebonan would be destroyed in a full scale war, they both know it so you are correct it probably won't happen.

• Advertisement

And i've been through this before too.

Nobody wants Hamas but Hamas are not killing the children in Gaza, Israel is. If you drop a huge bomb into a residential area, school, hospital or refugee camp in order to kill 1, 2 3, 0r more Hamas members (even if you have proof that they're there and which many doubt they have anyway) then you are responsible for all the innocent deaths. Israel is guilty.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,789 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Yes, Francie either isn't aware how of international law works or conveniently ignores it because it's Israel. We see this double standard in his approach to Russia he doesn't seek to disregard ICJ rulings against Putin and Russia.

Ah so here is the old lazy argument that was debunked months ago.

You know Israel has reported very similar numbers for the number of dead in Gaza? The figures have long been considered to be accurate. If anything they are likely underestimated.

The sooner the organisation that Netanyahu propped up for years to destabilise the area you mean?

Israel has shown it has no problem bombing civilians to death. They bombed children playing football in the past. No Hamas hideout to be seen

They've shot dead in cold blood people going about their daily lives.

Hamas should absolutely be dismantled, but give it up. Israel should be held accountable, and every single.me.ber of their war cabinet should be locked up.

It is Israel dropping 500 and 2000lb dumb bombs on civilians infrastructure and hospitals.

What does sand taste like given your head is so buried in it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭combat14

israel is only responding to hamas dirty work on 7th october - there are still hostages to be freed

• Registered Users Posts: 8,106 ✭✭✭Odhinn

More on this

"Israeli far-right protesters have broken into an army base in a show of support for soldiers accused of severely mistreating a Palestinian prisoner there.

Large crowds gathered outside the Sde Teiman compound after Israeli military police entered it to detain the reservists, who are now subject to an official investigation."

"According to local media reports, at least nine Israeli soldiers at the base are accused of abusing the Palestinian detainee, a suspected Hamas fighter who was captured in Gaza.

He is said to have been hospitalised after what Israeli media reports describe as serious sexual abuse and injuries to his anus that left him unable to walk."

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/c2q07kd3ld6o

• Registered Users Posts: 16,653 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

You've got it completely the wrong way around.

If I start a war with you and then use innocents as human shields to try and dissuade you from striking back, I am the one who is responsible for their deaths.

The death of innocents in Gaza is 100% on Hamas.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,922 ✭✭✭fly_agaric

^^The "most moral army" stuff was always a bit sick-making. It is ridiculous now, you'd have to laugh if you ever hear any Israelis coming out with it again, after this war!

IDF really are closer to the "Desert orcs" (per another poster?) than a Western military at this stage, you certainly would not want to be captured by them, that is for sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,667 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

If this was done in Germany, they would all be arrested.

Responding to hostage taking by murdering children is an odd way (and illegal) to deal with that problem. They even killed some of them with their tactics. How has those tactics worked out?

• Advertisement

Unadulterated rubbish. Whoever sets off the bomb is guilty. They might kill the person they are after but the 50 innocent kids in the vicinity are not guilty.

Advertisement