Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump the Megathread part II - threadbans and mod warnings in OP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,860 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

I see those criticising Biden for his stance on Israel are fairly quiet about Bibi getting a home invitation from Donald...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,673 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Not many defending his statement at that Christian event yesterday…weird.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,078 ✭✭✭✭briany

Wow, I can't believe that a man who wanted fake electors to vote him into a second term in 2020 would be in any way amenable to the ideas laid out in this article.

ᵗᵉᵉ⁻ʰᵉᵉ, ᵃᶜᵗᵘᵃˡˡʸ ⁱ ᶜᵃⁿ﹗

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,673 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Too story on the Guardian.

Or are these also some bunch of liberals not getting the joke too?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭ronjo

It's hard to know which is crazier

1. He thinks he can solve all Americas problems in 4 years.
    2. He wants to make himself defecto leader for longer than 4 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭nachouser

From Wikipedia:

"McCain had only talked to Palin a few times, and the campaign's vetting operation had mostly relied on Internet searches to check her background."

Replace "internet searches" with Don Jr and hence Vance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,764 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Think Vance had the winning combination of sufficient brown nosing and wasn't going to overshadow the head of the ticket.

One of the Donald's sons was palsy with him too. Wouldn't be Trump-esque without a bit of nepotism.

Time will tell if he is the same atrocious level as Palin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,929 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

You would think a Governor and a Senator... that stuff would have come out in the media before their VP pick. But nope!

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭omega man

JD keeps on giving. His trans friend (yes you read that right) has released multiple emails sharing some of their conversations. Oh JD…

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,775 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

There's mention in an online media outlet titled Daily Wrap of what I can only call an extraordinary plan supposedly from Trump for the Ukraine/Russia war. It seems the original article of the plan by Mike Pompeo, Trumps former Sec State, is in the Wall Street Journal.

I can hardly believe what is mentioned in it, as it seems to be a total reversal on what Trump apparently and currently has in his mind to force an end to the current war between Russia and Ukraine. It's almost like some-one having a rambling off-the-cuff interview with an established journal.

It includes providing US aid to Ukraine under lend-lease terms, Real sanctions on the Kremlin, strengthening NATO, lend-lease for Ukraine, and lifting restrictions on the use of American weapons in its war against Russia – according to former U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, these are elements of Donald Trump's plan for Ukraine in the event of a Republican victory in the presidential elections.

If Trump were to take office again, he could propose real actions to end Russia's war with Ukraine - unlike the half-measures of Joe Biden's administration that prolong the conflict – Pompeo declared in an article in the "Wall Street Journal".

I am not at all sure what purpose mention of the plan by Pompeo is for.

According to the WSJ article [as relayed in the Daily Wrap article] the Kremlin response [possibly from Sergey Lavrov as his photo is in the article] is that Russia expects Trump to cut aid to Ukraine, to force it to cede territory to Russia and make a deal directly with Putin.

The former head of American diplomacy believes that "there is no evidence that such a capitulation will be part of Trump's policy." He recalled that in 2017 Trump lifted the embargo on lethal weapons for Ukraine and began supplying Javelin anti-tank missiles to the country.

I regret that the WSJ article itself is only open to contributors to the WSJ. I'm also keeping in mind that a Russian Court recently sentenced a WSJ journalist to a long term of imprisonment for allegedly spying in Russia.

The following is a link to the Daily Wrap and hopefully its article courtesy of MSN. https://www.msn.com/en-ie/money/other/trump-s-bold-ukraine-plan-lend-lease-nato-boost-real-sanctions/ar-BB1qJAUF?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=14f94b5d405f43b490a1af53a1eeb13e&ei=54

As if wheeling out a mannequin with the deceased's name spelt incorrectly on it wasn't tribute enough.

I wonder if he ever rang the family and it so, how long it took.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,637 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Apparently he did, I asked the same question and there's a Guardian article about it. The grieving widow wouldn't take a call from Biden who promptly phoned her. Going to a CFTrump hate rally was their idea of a fun family day out. Well, she needs to find better entertainments now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,619 ✭✭✭✭looksee

'a fun family day out' - I think this is really quite important. When, hopefully, the whole Trump thing fizzles out, there are going to be a lot of people who will genuinely miss the opportunity to get dressed up in party gear and mix with like minded people and feel they are achieving something.

Maybe the Dems need to think about providing more circuses. There was a gathering of Biden supporters in Florida, which was a first, but it was a very civilised affair, almost no fancy dress, very few banners and posters, 'there were no wrecks and nobody drownded, Fact, nothing to laugh at at all'.

The reason that these Trump rallies are a circus is because there is a clown on stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,530 ✭✭✭Flaneur OBrien

I would agree 100%

Never underestimate the thrill people get from being accepted as part of a herd. (Which of course is lathered in irony as Trumpers loved calling people "sheeple" 😂)

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Stanley 1

And then he will annoit Don Junior to take over the reins.

It's definitely not going to be a scrub like Matt Gaetz or Marjorie Taylor Greene, anyway, who eventually gets to keys to MAGA. These people are career politicians who have placed themselves in a position of complete supplication in order to be relevant, but in the same stroke have created an impenetrable glass ceiling for themselves. If no-one emerges who encapsulates the same chimera of qualities (such as they are) of one DJT, then I think MAGA would pass either to Jr or Barron, depending on how long the central man lasts, and their authority will come squarely from their family ties and also a big old banner of dad's face behind them, because death isn't a strict impediment to a cult leader remaining the leader.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,684 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I don't think Barron wants to be in politics himself, and it will be 20 years before he'd even have a shot at the presidency (literally the next presidential race he'd be constitutionally old enough for would be 2044). And Jr. is a coke addict, I think that's plain to everyone, I don't see the GOP money apparatus throwing their money down that hole. Same with any of the MAGA loons in the House. I don't even know if they lose this cycle, if the GOP apparatus will stick with MAGA for after 4 straight losing election cycles, without the personality behind the cult (Donald Trump), or if they will get behind a more rational candidate and platform again, whatever that may be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,625 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

their authority will come squarely from their family ties and also a big old banner of dad's face behind them, because death isn't a strict impediment to a cult leader remaining the leader.

Maybe this is why The Donald is such a sneaking regarder of north Korea

He had the white house, senate and house for 2 years and did **** all to "fix" America.

I had forgotten about that. Any Trump fans care to explain why?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭Rawr

If the GOP possessed any of the marbles they once had in the pre-Donnie days, then I'd totally agree, they'd likely drop MAGA, the Trumps, and try to adjust their strategy to appeal to more moderate voters.

But that GOP is gone. The RNC is now top-loaded with Trump-loyalists with a Trumpette heading it. The entire GOP political stategy now appears to be little more echoing Trump himself and then seeing who can out-extreem each other within the void of control that Donnie has created in the heart of the party.

They are now a party who see no problem with endorsing a canditate who openly tried to overthrow the United States when an election didn't go his way. A canditate who is a proven rapist, convicted fraudster and a very public failure when handling any business. A canditate who funnels the entire RNC Funding Warchest to his own pockets and leaves the various GOP state branches facing possible bankruptcy.

Now they platform a whole rouge's gallery of Trump-adjacent cretins who in years past might have been seen as too extreme to be on the ballot. We've now got them upping the ance, be it accusing shooting survivors of being "Crisis Actors", trying to win support by claiming that they had shot a puppy, or lately having their new VP pick desrcibing a new American autocracy where only people who have kids will get to vote.

This isn't a GOP that's going to move on if they fail to win the White House. I fully expect at least another year of "Stop the Steal" while Donnie just runs a repeat of the past 4 years. But will they survive those 4 years? I think maybe, but the extremely facist rump that will be left over might end up being both near-unelectable, but also increadibly dangerous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,944 ✭✭✭✭Penn

There are no more trump fans on here.

Just people who will first claim to have no preference either way, but then go on to posit a very jaundiced view in favour of Trump….

Maybe one of them lads could chime in and explain what they think Trump was doing in the first 2 years of his Presidency when they had control of House and Senate.

Anyone??

He should step down. He clearly isn't able to last another 4 years in office.

On a separate note, Trump refuses to pronounce Kamala's name correctly. Someone suggested that she now do the same for him, and refer to him as DonOld Trump…

• Registered Users Posts: 16,625 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Trump refuses to pronounce Kamala's name correctly.

Imagine the fun he'll have if Buttigieg is her running mate…

• Advertisement

He wouldn't last 3 minutes without making some sort of gay slur…

Advertisement