Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Social&Fun] Redliketoast disputing warnings in CA/IMHO

• 24-07-2024 6:02pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,430 CMod ✭✭✭✭

For Redliketoast to dispute the recent set of 3 warnings in CA.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭Redliketoast

The Mod: Ten of Swords

The 3 warnings I was given are for as follows:

1. Discussing a candidates legal issues
    2. Attacking the poster not the post
    3. "Do not post in this thread again"

Answers to the warnings:

1. This was a contextual reply. The poster said the candidate had a number of convictions and was found liable of rape in court. I gave context to this. While this was technically legal issues, this was a response and not discussing the technicalities of any case.
    2. The Post I was replying to had insinuated that I was "dull minded" (an attack on the poster). Instead of reporting I replied what was a light hearted reply. I said "mate you are talking rubbish" and then went on to give an example of why we shouldnt preach what we dont practise.
    3. The debate got heated and after been called a few choice things I did take a swipe. I do admit to this but feel in the context it was very harsh.

The 3 warnings where recieved in a matter of minutes on the 18th of July with no chance to reply.

I messaged the Mod in question on the 18th of July. No reply

I messaged the Mod again on the 22nd of July. No reply

I looked at the Mods history and saw that the Mod was active on Boards on the 18th, 19, 21st and 22nd of July. Meaning that on the 18th and 19th of July they had 1 message from me. On the 22nd of July they would have at least 2 messages from me.

I then messaged a Pawwed Rig, Beasty and included Ten of Swords on the 23rd of July and sent the following:

I was given 3 warnings and despite contacting the mod, I am getting no replies. How can I get this fixed? Its been a week

I was given 3 quick succession warnings by a mod "Ten of Swords" which I feel was extremely harsh. As a result it means I am placed in "jail". It restricts my posts as it treats me like I am spamming. So I cant post more than 1 post in 150 seconds which is annoying as I like to post on different topics or even threads on Boards. I have tried messaging Ten of Swords but they have not responded and it has been 5 days. I get that people have lives outside of here and that they are volunteers. But to put me in jail and then run off without giving me a chance to plead my case is really not cool.

This is in relation to the Biden vs Trump thread

The 3 warnings came within 5 minutes. I was in a discussion involving Donald Trump. My point was the narrative was double standard against Trump which I felt was harsh. I felt that things are often exaggerated against Trump and that plays into Republican hands. For example, people call Trump a Rapist. His supporters just reply and say "he isnt because he was never convicted of such". This is not trolling. Its not meant to wind anyone up. It is merely a point made that when you exaggerate or use colorful language, it ignores the actual things you can point at.

This of course didnt go down well with some of the regulars. So it looks like anything they didnt agree with was reported. No matter how silly it was.

I was reported and warned for saying "mate you are talking rubbish" in reply to being told I was "dull minded". My full reply was more than 5 words. It was not in bad taste. and was respectful of the poster.

In another post I was reported and warned for talking about legal issues. I replied to a post saying that Trump has numerous convictions and is a convicted felon. I replied to add context that he wasnt found liable for rape. That the charges are seen as "barely a felony". I get that this is legal talk but this was contextual. This was not discussing legal issues.

The last warning I got was fair enough I said "the only people murdering anyone are leftys". This was after an escalation. I was called a white supremacist for supporting a rapist. I was told in the thread that I was a rapist apologist.

Out of these 3 warnings they are all extremely harsh. I am the only one banned from posting in that thread.

This is the first post of the Thread

Neutral ground for all your election talk. However some ground rules.
    This is not a thread for you to say the sort of things that may have got
    you banned from one or other existing thread covering the 2 candidates.
    It is not a thread for "Sleepy Joe", "Dementia Donald" or the like.
    It's not a thread for posters to accuse other posters of "supporting a
    rapist". It is not a thread to discuss Trump's legal cases - that can be
    done in the Trump thread. Basic civility is expected.

I have been accused of a number of things as I pointed out. I have been civil and tried to have a discussion. I was ganged up on. The mod wont even respond.

Not long after that message the Mod decided to reply. I fully understand that they are voluntary. But I feel at this stage the Mod took a personal view against my views expressed in the forum. The Mod has been ignoring me. The mod replied and said

Hi Redliketoast,

The first warning was for telling another poster they "are talking sh*t"

Second warning was for discussing candidates troubled troubles despite a clear mood warning not to

Third warning and threadban was for saying "leftys murder people"

I stand over all 3 warnings, you were aggressive and blatantly trolling. If you dispute this please let me know your reasoning?

Kid regards

The Mod said I told someone they were talking "Sh*t". I did not. I said "talking rubbish". The colorful language used by the Mod makes it look more aggressive and more serious.

They then claim I was Trolling. Trolling would be trying to get a reaction from people. I stand by everything I said in the thread. If anything I was being the most Moderate person in the thread. I said that calling on side extreme is divisive and that kind of talk doesnt build bridges, but drives people apart. All of my tone in the thread was how both sides are alike and use the phrase "its like thinking you are taking the moral high ground while walking in sh*t". It is to describe how we sometimes dont seem our own bias. In fact I called my own bias out a number of times.

None of what I said was trolling.

I was called a Trump sympatiser, rapist apologist and a white supremacist. Yet if you go to the thread, I am the only one who is threadbanned. I was ganged up on by obvious regulars.

Mentioning trolling, you have a number of Anti Trump people posting trolling imagery in the thread. It is complete baiting. But it is clear that if I just agreed with people and mocked Trump, then I would not have received "reports" or warnings.

Side note: I am not a Trump supporter. But pointed out the double standard in the reporting on Trump. In the threads people responded to his assassination attempt with posts such as "I cant stop smiling" "is it wrong if I laugh" "damn they missed" and then went on to talk mock the "tampon on his head" and how he probably set it all up anyway. This is all in Trump threads. How is that not aggressive and trolling?

I will post the 3 warning messages so you can see the comms between me and the Mod

Warning 1
    Ten of Swords July 18

Ignoring mod warnings in post #1, this is not the thread to discuss candidate legal issues

You are being warned for the following post:

Warning 2

Warning 3

• Do not post in this thread againYou are being warned for the following post:
    • Ah come on. I was merely retaliating to a group of people who were taking a side. Nothing of what I said is incorrect. In fact ALL of my posts are pointing out the double standard. They were calling Trump a rapist. I said he wasnt convicted of such so he cant be just casually called one. They said in tried to incite violence and I said that only one side has shot a president.Surely context matters. Banning someone from a thread just because you dont agree with their views is really harsh. Again, I responded. I didnt bring up these issues. Please dont fall for a popularity contest where you back people who are just on here longer.
    • Hey hows it going. Any chance that this decision can be reversed?

The biggest issue for me is that the 3 warnings came within minutes. A warning by any definition is a call to correct behaviour. I warning is given in the hope that it will calm things down. By giving warnings the way they were done, was leaving no chance to correct behaviour. It is the same as giving no warning at all.

A simple message would have calmed things. The warnings just seemed like a reason to punish. The ignoring of the PM's subsequently also point to that. The Mod had no interest in calming things. They rushed to the thread to call out the fact that I was Thread Banned. This has resulted in people seeing me as a disputer. The calling me out as thread banned has enpowered people to openly call me an idiot in posts.

While I have a different view to others, it is not an aggressive one. Just because I have a different view doesnt make it Trolling.

While I do not have a personal issue with the Mod Ten of Swords, I feel they have treated me differently here and been overly harsh as to punish without an actual warning.

I dont seem to be getting anywhere with this. Since all of this I have seen the same mod hint at the "troll" whenever I post. Many in the same forum have now ganged up on me since all of this.

I have also had people message me here and eleswhere regarding the same Mod.

There is a clear bias there with no room for other views. That is disappointing.

Firstly I appealed to them. Ignored by them

I appealed to the CMod. Ignored by them.

Appealed here. Ignored again

Thank you @Spear for helping me out to set up this appeal but you can close if you would like as I have going to deactivate my account. I cant deal with some of the personal stuff that has been aimed at me as a result of this. I like the idea of boards but I almost got sick this weekend after reading some comments about me.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,430 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

@ancapailldorcha @Ten of Swords If you could please review.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,178 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Can do.

It says the OP is "Banned by warnings". Do I proceed?

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,430 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

We'll come back to it when the ban expires then.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement