Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread XII (The Byrne Supremacy)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Clontarf_Jazz

Frawley to 10 Osborne at 15 and Keenan on the wing

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭johnh6767

watched the 7’s Keenan not a wing!! He has had a difficult end of season with decisions made. Interesting Leinster moments ahead, who could have thought Keenan has now to defend 15 jersey, all to play for with Osborne now a definite possibility as starter

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭50HX

One swallow doesn't make a summer

Keenan is by far the vest 15 in ireland & stays there for club & country.

Referring to the Olympics is no where relevant to his club form or rugby union for that matter...its a completely different set up.

There is a reason there is limited cross over between both codes

• Registered Users Posts: 10,489 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Can see something of a frustrating season ahead for player development. I want to see Frawley and Osborne in the centers, where I think they're best, but chances are they are both likely relegated to competing for the 23 shirt come playoffs.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,384 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Still sends an irrelevant link to an Australia Post website, was like that at the start of the season. Dunno why they have not fixed it.

Anyway, about 11 days after I ordered something got a Fastway link, then delivery yesterday. Unless something was on special I wouldn't order again from them. Even Elverys who are poor for online shopping would be faster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,646 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Yeah mine delivered yesterday, quality is actually quite good given Castores reputation.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Hey_Ho_Lets_Go_3

Leinster u18 clubs won 38-32 over schools on saturday in Lansdowne.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,688 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

Info on Leinster website, used to be very informative, not so now, nothing for instance on Academy in take.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,096 ✭✭✭Lost Ormond

It hasn't been announced yet. Leinster keep info on academy and any of age grade sides fairly low key at best of times anyway

it has been decided though…. this time last year they had announced the academy and announced extended squads from the 19s and 18s squads.

for some reason this year this info is super secret.

Post edited by Hey_Ho_Lets_Go_3 at

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭conquestscarer

Not having announced the academy yet is a joke IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,275 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

What's the advantage to leinster to announcing it early?

Fair point. I suppose I'd judge it be whether the other provinces have made an announcement yet.

You Didn't answer the question. What's the advantage to leinster in making an announcement now?

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭FtD v2

All of the other provinces announced their academies weeks ago, or further.

Leinster's communications around things like this is ridiculously poor, either out of some silly clandestine belief in not giving away strategic info to rivals, or, more likely, out of sheer indifference.

Ulster and Munster have announced their academies for next season, while Connacht have announced some of theirs.

Whats the advantage in leinster announcing contract signings?

Whats the advantage in leinster keeping their fans informed of anything?

So, do you have an answer as to the advantage to leinster of announcing the academy, or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

Why does their need to be an advantage or a disadvantage? Why are you fixating on one word?

It's fair for Leinster fans to want to know the goings on of their club. Some fans more than others.

But if you're the type of fan who posts on a message board it's fair to say you're the type who'd actively seek out whatever information is available to you.

In the case of Leinster there is nothing. Not only nothing Leinster have been lacking in fan engagement for years. Their online presence is extremely poor and they give absolutely no meaningful insight into their club.

Even look at the vague injury updates we've gotten for years.

It's frustrating. When there's no rugby on and fans are starved of content, why not engage the fans in a different way over the summer? Academy update would be a start. Underage reports. Behind the scenes stuff.

I'mjust asking why they should prioritise making those kinds of announcements, whats the advantageto leinster seems a conciseway to phrase it. You answered it in a round about way. So it's about fan engagement for you, is that fair to say?

I'd presume they haven't finalised all the contracts yet. So there's no advantage to making announcements while negotiating or trialing players in camp. I don't know how it works. If you know then I'd like to hear more.

Of course I'd like to know who got academy contracts. I'd also have humility enough to leave the negotiating and announcements to those involved.

I don't believe for a second that they haven't finalised contracts yet. As said above, we're on our second week of preseason.

Most if not all of the academy have been finalised by now. Not much negotiation takes place either. Academy places are academy places. There's a fixed salary across the provinces. This isn't something that takes months to finalise.

And even if there are more to add. Why not tell us once they're added?

If they're on trial - what is to be gained by Leinster not telling us that they're on trial?

Similarly, we are never told of midyear academy promotions or additions.

You say you have humility to leave the negotiating to those involved…. that's virtue signalling at its finest. Its entirely reasonable for fans to want to know who is playing for their team in the coming season.

Not only that, it's entirely reasonable to be frustrated when their rivals have announced this months previously. No one is asking for detailed contract negotiations or salary expectations, we want to know who is playing for our club. One doesn't need humility to expect that…

• Advertisement

Having a small bit of humility and not pretending know more about it than the Leinster backroom teamis virtue signalling? Christ, that's a leap.

I don't get bent out of shape by these things. The academy seems to work pretty well, so I leave them to it. Apologies for the virtue signalling. Maybe I'm just shocking virtuous.

Maybe getting your knickers in a twist about the academy is actually you virtue signalling just what a true blue fan you are... or maybe it's just a bit childish

Ah jesus mate it's too early in the week to be subjected to name calling.

Go on. Have a little snark and a last word in your reply. I'm out.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭conquestscarer

I'm sure 99% of players don't need to be convinced to sign an academy contract, the odd player might be offered a senior contract in another province which would require negotiations but I gurantee at worst 7/8 players are signed up for next year.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,961 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

I'm just asking why they should prioritise making those kinds of announcements

Like it would take about 5 mins to put it together. It doesn't need much prioritisation.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭FtD v2

For someone who isn't getting bent out of shape on it, you've decided to argue back with your virtue signaling nonsense to everyone who has engaged with it so far.

It has virtually nothing whatsoever with "pretending to know more than the Leinster backroom team" - all it is is fans expecting a fairly basic level of communications updates around academy places and underage representative squads.

Seriously, not pretending to know more about it than the leinster backroom team is virtue signalling? I don't agree.

Yeah I don't care that they haven't published the academy signings yet. That's me, not getting bent out of shape about it. It'll ge published in time. It always is.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭This is it

I mean first you wanted to know why release it early, then when it was pointed out it wasn't early you shifted the posts and now it's about what advantages.

Fans want to know who's in the academy, what's the issue with questioning why it hasn't been released at this late stage considering, as others said, preseason has started.

It's obviously not a big deal, you've certainly done your best to make it one though.

I've made it a big deal? I didn't bring it up, didn't call it a joke or a disgrace. I'm happy to wait for the announcement when it comes. And I'm making a big deal out of it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,581 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

I'd like to know. I'm thinking that one or two have been released. Maybe King? Cooney? I find Leinster poor with information. It's like they are MI5.

Advertisement