Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Options
1552553554555556558»

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,575 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Brilliant to see a bit of a shake up in the championships. Like, no offence to Dublin or Limerick supporters, but I think it was time for a change! ☺️

No clue about Bulgaria, but by god, all inclusive is the best thing ever. I had to be rolled down the aisle of the plane home after going all inclusive. 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 38,417 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Must make a visit here if im in London

• Registered Users Posts: 10,306 ✭✭✭✭DvB

100% Posy. Even as a true blue dub it was losing its sparkle, the leinster championship games were awful as people weren't fussed about going, great to see a change at the top.

Had a fair idea it was coming for Dublin but didn't see limerick being toppled, o that was a genuine surprise, delighted for Clare though as they've been the best hurling team for the year and a league/Liam double was well deserved.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 30,577 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

We're into the 140's!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭antimatterx

How the hell is it August on Thursday. BT Christmas opens in 2/3 weeks - Queue the outrage of "The kids aren't even back in school yet"!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,577 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I think it's weird still having the All Ireland's in July.

When they were in September it would be dark in the evening whe Up for the Match was on and their was sometimes a sense of Autumn in the air.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭BK5

We've decided we won't be going. We don't have young kids so would prefer a more chilled holiday. Will miss not going away with the clan mind. The last all inclusive hotel we stayed in was fab alright but the one before it was quite bland and we ended going out to eat a lot so think we finished with all-inclusive. Like to have a walkabout before I decide where to eat.

Not overly keen on checking out Bulgaria as a destination either to be honest.

I'm still not used to the new gaa calendar. It's totally messed up. 1st and 3rd Sundays in September were engraved in the memory.

Anyway, August on Thursday!

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

No, the new gaa calendar is bizarre. All Irelands in July is still strange.

I don't think the players are mad about it either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭BK5

I've shared this on the family WhatsApp just to annoy them 😝😝

Ireland get their first medal at the Olympics... gwan Mona!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,858 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

That was a great swim and so close. Delighted for Mona, she looked thrilled 🤩.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,417 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

got a ticket to Ally Pally for the darts, going to the Afternoon session on the 16th Dec, Flights were ok from Dub to London but the price is high enough for the return on the 17th. Ryanair taking advantage of the 'ex pats Christmas visits'

Might even get a Christmas tour when im over there, might be half cut from the darts mind you haha

Post edited by PTH2009 on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Glorious out today & I've a load of meetings :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭pigtail33

Just got an e-mail from Wonderlights to say they are expanding to two new venues this year. I know a few from here have been to the one in Malahide Castle before (me included) and I'm not sure anyone was overly impressed, especially for the price.

We’re thrilled to announce that Wonderlights is expanding to THREE locations nationwide this Winter! 

Get ready for a uniqueimmersive experience in each of our fabulous venues, showcasing the iconic features of these incredible locations, paired with the stunning displays that make Wonderlights Ireland’s largest and globally award-winning light show experience. 

Following on from the huge successes of previous years, we will return to our North Dublin location of Malahide Castle & Gardens for our 4th year. Running from Nov 7th, this magical show promises more wonder and magic to wow all ages!

Get ready to be dazzled and mesmerised in Marlay! Ireland's largest light show is coming to south Dublin as we showcase the beloved Marlay Park by Night. Running from Nov 14th, featuring iconic displays, wondrous installations and magical creatures, get ready to be amazed.

Cork, we're coming for you! We're so excited to bring Wonderlights down south to capture your hearts with our symphony of light and magic. Be prepared to marvel at the magic in the beautiful Gardens and surroundings of Fota House, running from Nov 16th (pending licence)

Advertisement