Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Siochana Recruitment 2024

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 15 recruit2024

Does anyone know how far they are on the order of merit? And how many people they interview in each batch?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 AislingH2002

My interview is august 15th. I'm batch 4 and merit 1313

• Registered Users Posts: 22 aod214

results for batch 3 interviews are out, i passed thank god best of luck to everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Tra112

congrats

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 96 ✭✭XabiAlonso22

What number are they stopping at if it's August? Weren't they gonna interview everyone that got through? Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 life is life

Hi Rachel, is the what’s app group still going, can I join !

Just got the Form B … i don’t even know half my relatives full addresses 🙈

• Registered Users Posts: 19 2024_acc_holder

anyone apply for the reserves ?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 mld20

Has everyone from batch 2 received the form B link?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 ascull98

I just got my form b this morning, from batch 2

• Registered Users Posts: 7 RosieJones24

Hi,

I am batch 3 and passed the interview , results came out yesterday

What is the relevance of OOM ?

How long do i wait approx for the Fittness test?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 Bena100

Sorry just a query. Many years ago I was summoned and fined for being drunk (was very young and stupid!) Is that something I need to write on form B and will it affect my application? Tks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39 sligo98

I would definitely put it down, they know it has happened and it probably is not going to have a huge impact on you but not stating it could have a big impact cause they may see it as you being deceitful

• Registered Users Posts: 6 JamesStevenMc1993

Hi Folks, was Batch 3, got results yesterday and I am now OOM 20 - is this good would you say? - whats the timeline for PCT if so? Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 6 JamesStevenMc1993

OOM is the same as your original OOM, it determines where you have ranked after Interview stages, so if they interviewed 300 people in your batch and you are now 30 OOM for example, it generally means you will be called to the next round in that order, what was your OOM after the Interview?

When you get your results and passed the interview.
    Do I wait to hear from them, re PCT and form B? Or do I need to do anything in the meantime like send in any form of ID other than what I send in prior to my interview?

Thanks!

they will get in contact with you based on what happened with us

Hi, im batch 2, got interview results on the 25th June. Was informed on the 2nd July that I had my PCT on the 13th July, so not much time given at all. Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 RosieJones24

OOM in the 40's after interview. I'm batch 3.

When i got my results yesterday there was a link attached for Form B and asking me to upload passport etc.

I'm just confused because i saw a few comments on here from Batch 2 saying they got interview results but were waiting for their Form B….(was it not attached to everyone's interview results)

I have a couple of trips away coming up over the next 2 months so if i am called for fitness test then can i delay it for a while? or can you only delay it by a week or so …does anyone have experience of this in the 2024 campaign?

I'm one of the "much older" applicants so dreading the fitness test.

Do you have to upload passport before they call you for the Fitness test?

I can only really speak on the travel side as i was on holidays when first called for pct and but they gave me another date without much hassle but it was a date they selected and i was told if i could not make that date i was essentially out of the competition.

Im batch 2, I got a PDF for the form B after interview results, the PDF is just to help you get a head start in gathering the info as it’s quite a long form. The real form b is a link they send u to fill in online.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 racheldowney2

I was told there starting to interview people for Sargents positions and there also starting the Garda reserve interviews late aug. I don’t know anything else. I think it’s stupid, they should get all the interviews done out of the way and then get started on another

batch 4 it seems. But still some people in the go and myself haven’t been called for a interview

Thanks Rachel, oh so no more interviews after that? Or they are taking a break till a later date and continuing on them.

What number does Batch 4 go up too?

Thanks for answering the questions.

I don’t know if they will stop doing our interviews or if there are taking a break. That’s I texted in here to ask lol. I’m looking for answers myself

Ok thanks I'd be after batch 4 I think so I'm wondering if I will get an interview at all. I'll email public jobs and see what the story is :-)

how long were you waiting ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 reginaphalange2022

hey, I know I saw a girl saying there’s a group chat for this campaign. I can’t find the original post. Anyone know how I can be added to it? Thanks so much

racheldowney has set it up, if you message Rachel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 sara1999

hi , does anyone know how long it takes to hear back from the medical ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 JayK966

hi , I’ve been trying to get information about my uncles and aunts on my mothers side for the last few weeks but no joy my mother nor my family have had any relationship with a lot of them for a number of years so I’m finding this very difficult anyone else in this situation for the form b if so what have you done ? I have contacted them about this nothing back yet

Go back through the comments here - someone did mention it already

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Paddy77

It Says on the Essential Supporting Documentation Page on Form B that if you cannot provide information required in the form regarding family members that you are required to supply an Affidavit including the reasons and witnessed by a commissioner of oaths ie solicitor, i am in the same situation regarding my wifes aunts and uncles 15 of them in total😨

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Louise2024

Same as, I’d say a lot are in the same position!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 korea 1

are they strict with middle names ?

If you don’t know relatives middle names would you need another affidavit to prove that ?

• Advertisement

I’m wondering this myself, surely if you have all the other details about the person a middle name isnt going to matter that much.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 rb99

Anyone know if you need to put in your aunts/uncles ex husbands/wives if they’re divorced years?

there’s no way anyone could complete that without a few unknowns

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30 Confitzy

Hey all. Question for Anyone who’s completed the interview, did they ask about the subjects in the course or anything about the time spent in templemore. Any other tips would be greatly appreciated

Hi, didn’t really ask about any subjects, but I was asked what I think I would find challenging about being in templemore. Most questions were about the competencies. I was asked a few about the written scenario. Asked me how I would go about writing a report for my supervisor based around the scenario I.e what info would I prioritise. I got the impression the interview isn’t a one fits all, questions will vary depending on your age and experience. Hope that helps. Good luck.

• Advertisement

Just got confirmation from Garda inspector that middle names are not a necessity.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 CarLad24

Hi all. New to the thread. Just looking for a wee bit of advice if yous had it please.

OOM low 1300's so interview with Zoom next weeks. Any tips would be great.

Also I see you can't wear glasses for the eye test. How hard is it. I am -2.0 and -2.75. So not blind lol but the glasses do make it easier.

I am currently on Antidepressants which is well managed. Will this pose many issues during the application?

I am also a Gay Male so experience what it's like in Templemore would be great. Meaning is abit left field still or all ok.

Thanks all and best of luck with applications

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30 Confitzy

Thanks for your reply. What kinda questions did they ask? Was the interview long?

Have you ever dealt with a difficult person?

If you had a lot of tasks how would you prioritise them in order to get all completed?

How do you deal with ppl who don’t agree with you?

Would you blindly follow orders or question if necessary?

Have you ever dealt with trauma (emotional or physical) and how did u handle it?

Have you ever had to take charge of a situation, and how did I do that?

Have you ever been tasked with a project u had to see through to the very end and what was the outcome?

U attend the scene of an accident with your partner and when your returning to the station they r noticeable quite, how would you deal with them, bearing in mind they don’t want to really talk to u at all.

I’m sure there was more but it’s all a bit of a blur so thats pretty much all I can remember, whole thing was about 55mins.

They start by going through your application and ask u about school/college, then they ask u about past jobs etc. and then hobbies and interests.

Good luck

Anyone know where exactly do u attach an affidavit on the form B?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 gympluscoffee

is anyone else from batch 2 still waiting on a date for the pct? I have done my form b still no pct date though

how long were you waiting to get your form B after you got your interview email (results)?
    Thanks

that’s great, thanks for the update.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 GraceJulia98

Yes I’m waiting. Form B already in.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Grayzer1979

You don't attach it to form B. Just scan it and get it sent to the HR email address along with your details.

• Advertisement
Advertisement