Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2024 Irish Gigs (Confirmed & Rumoured Events)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,008 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Yeah they put on a great show tbf.

As an aside, I was out having pints in Tuam randomly a few years back, on a stag. Leo Moran came into the pub we were in and sat down for a chat for a while and even sang us a song off the bat, before sitting down for his own pints. He couldn't be sounder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,857 ✭✭✭hynesie08

This will be spectacular, or a complete Trainwreck.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭Fanirish

will she even go on before the curfew

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,443 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Gig is going to be VIP tickets/packages up the wazoo. €1100 for a VIP Meet & Greet Package. Yikes.

Lauryn Hill might be the only artist that makes Nicki Minaj look diligent with time. That gig is asking to be a shítshow. And she's known for bouncing out of gigs after 30 or 40 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭gilly1910

Radiohead, now there's a band I would love to see live before I head off into the sunset. Never got to see them live, would love to know from anyone on here who has had the pleasure, what they are like live?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 263 ✭✭xyz13

Missed them here in 07 (Malahide), managed to get a ticket in 2017. Superb!

I like the Smile but Radiohead is another level.

Bien faire et laisser dire...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,240 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

OK Computer tour in Brixton Academy is possibly the best gig of my life. Seen them half a dozen times or so, most recently in the 3arena about 5 years ago or so, and they've been practically perfect every time. Sorry, might not have been the answer you wanted 🤣

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,813 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

We all give out about Ticketmaster but the sale for the PDC subscribers for the World darts Championships in Ally Pally through seetickets was some slog. Almost 4 hours in the que, all sessions went on sale the same time. 40,000 tickets gone in the first half hour

Got a ticket for one of the afternoon sessions pre Christmas. The more popular sessions sold out in mins

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭fillup

First saw them on KidA tour in Belfast in 2001, 3 days after 9/11

The RoI was in full shutdown as a mark of respect for the Yanks that day but NI was business as usual

Very heavy atmosphere at the gig given the events stateside. Lucky was dedicated to the 9/11 victims.

Next saw them in Olympia Theatre in 2003. Absolutely incredible experience. Seeing Paranoid Android in such an intimate venue was a highlight

Then saw them pretty much eveytime they played here since (missed Malahide due to wedding grrrrrr)

And their last gig here in Point Theatre their warm up before their Glasto Headliner in 2017 was probably the best I've seen them. Immense back catalogue, excellent musicians, great sound n lights and Thoms voice

They really are peerless, hands down the best rock band of thier generation

(I will die on that hill!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,760 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

I've only seen them twice, but both occasions were ages ago. The RDS in June 1997 with Massive Attack and Teenage Fanclub (OK Computer had been out a month), and in the tent in Punchestown in October 2000 (Kid A was out a week).

Edit: t-shirt from 2000.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2), Oasis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,580 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Saw Radiohead in Malahide. They refused to play Creep.

they haven’t played it regularly since the nineties and there hatred of it is well documented

But the fans love it. They’re professional musicians. Suck it up!

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭fillup

No the fans don't love it

It pales significantly compared to anything they've produced since The Bends

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭crl84

Not true, played it regularly on several tours since then.

Their 6th most played song in their discography.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Ekano

Saw them in Amsterdam in 2017. Someone in the crowd shouted for creep. Thom started playing the first chord and then just said Nah.

The rainbow coming out in Malahide for the in rainbows tour was fairly magical too

You didn’t hear all the people shouting for it at Malahide.

It’s a great tune.

they played it about 30 times out of 400 concerts in the last 20 plus years going by setlist. By any definition it’s not played with any regularity, you could go to a dozen Radiohead shows and not hear it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭Dreamweapon

Think the only time i saw Radiohead was at this in 1996. I remember them back to back with Massive Attack in broad daylight, with RATM on the other stage inbetween. Not a fan, more ambivalent if anything, but they're definitely one band that got better as their career progressed.

Big on the all mouth and trousers scene

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,849 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

First caught them in October 1992 as support to the Frank & Walters at the Jericho Tavern in Oxford. Wasn’t impressed. They got better.

• Advertisement

They don’t refuse to play anything. They play what they want and mostly that’s current material. Radiohead fans don’t clamour for Creep as they’ve produced dozens of greater songs since the early nineties. The entirety of Kid A for starters.

Sixth most played song as it was on every setlist in their first decade when they gigged far more regularly. As soon as they got the opportunity to drop it they did and it’s very rarely performed these days. I’ve seen them about 11/12 times (including twice at Glastonbury) and only heard it once in 1992. I’d be happy to hear it next time but it’s way down the list of their greatest tracks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,813 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

✨ Spider Stacy brings his recent critically acclaimed, sell-out 40th Anniversary performance of The Pogues' debut album Red Roses For Me to 3Arena in Dublin on 17th December 2024 💫

⭕️MCD Presale: https://bit.ly/The-Pogues-MCD-Presale

🎟️Tickets on sale Friday at 10am

Should be a great night but just won't be the same without the great Shane McGowan (RIP)

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Granite Head

1993 "Pablo Honey" tour - in the Rock Garden (pub) Temple bar. Less than a 100 at the gig.

2024 Gigs and Events: Jarlath Regan, Depeche Mode, Roisin Murphy, Pip Blom, Nouvelle Vogue, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, Murder Capital, Pixies, The Stranglers, Liam Gallagher & John Squires, The Jesus & Mary Chain, DJ Shadow, Cam Cole, Fight Like Apes, Somebody's Child, Kacey Musgraves, Sprints, Nadine Shah, Jane Weaver, Bob Log lll, Jimmy Carr, Beyond The Pale, LCD Sound System, Patti Smith, Night & Day Festival, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, The Beat, Muirean Bradley, All Together Now, Bonny Prince Billy, Phosphorescent, Ride, Dirt Birds, Melts, Tommy Tiernan, The Libertines, The Last Dinner Party, St. Vincent, Los Bitchos, Iron & Wine x2, John Grant, Therapy, Ezra Collective, Public Service Broadcasting, Fat Dog, Ezra Collective, Nick Cave, Peter Hook & The Light, Idles, MJ Lenderman, Khruangbin, Lightning Seeds, Vampire Weekend, Fontaines DC, Villagers, Confidence Man, Amble

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 576 ✭✭✭deeks

I've seen Radiohead 6 times by my reckoning:

- 1996 Castlegar Galway

- 2000 Punchestown

- 2003 Point

- 2006 Marlay Park

- 2008 Malahide

- 2017 3 Arena

Probably my favourite ever band and never less than excellent live but if forced to choose would probably lump for the big top in Punchestown as my favourite closely followed by 3 Arena in 2017.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,635 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

FFS…

I thought RADIOHEAD were coming to Ireland ……

they arent ….

😥

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Count Hairyfoot

Looks like I'm going to be that one person. Saw them in Castlegar in 96 and they were great. Setlist was fantastic.

Then in 97 at the RDS. The weather sucked. The sound sucked. Thom Yorke got annoyed with the crowd for not giving Massive Attack a loud enough cheer but guess what - they sucked too. Overall was pretty poor.

They've gotten worse with every album since OK Computer so I haven't gone since as the setlists always focus on the later stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,977 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Apart from maybe Iron Maiden, Radiohead are the worst "big" band I've ever seen. Only saw them once. Marley Park. Abysmal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,635 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,443 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Can ye open a new thread on Radiohead?

Advertisement