Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lely gemini tedder settings

• 27-07-2024 9:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭

Any lads here with the settings for tedding with one of these.

Tina settings and top link length.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭148multi

Can you drop the wheels

It's the wheels you set, drop wheels ( top hole ) when turning and lift wheels when rowing (bottom hole ).

The toplink will have to be adjusted for each tractor and wheel setting , shorter for turning, longer for rowing .

Turner will sit flatter on the ground for rowing.

Tines out for turning and in for rowing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Fine Day

Tines set out for turning and in for rowing. Have the machine tilted down at the front but not tearing the ground, I find this throws back the grass lovely. They are a great machine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Jb1989

Thanks to yous 2 lads.

Out for rowing means pin in top hole like in picture, correct?

And I'll have to move to the top hole in this picture for the wheels, correct?

Like I said it's only tedding I need. I've a proper rake for rowing.

Wheels =top hole for tedding ,

Tines=Tips of tines turned out for tedding .,top hole, yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Jb1989

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭roosterman71

We've never changed the wheel position on our yoke and have it 40+ years! Tines moved alright depending on turning and rowing. Top link gets a slight adjustment too to make sure tines were just touching the ground

It sweeps the ground cleaner when you lift the wheels, you'd see the difference with short rank grass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Never tried it so can't comment. Never missed much the way it was anyway. It's raking days are over now

Advertisement