Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things that annoy you - Mod Note in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,594 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

My car insurance is up for renewal.

It's go up.

I know when I start looing for quotes.

I'll be getting phone calls from companies trying to get me to switch.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,582 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Aye that can cause a double take alright!

But Ireland and Italy more often at same events so clash more often.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,473 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Room is like a sauna but have had a rake of electronics going.. wish I had aircon right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,777 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

People who use a phone for months with a cracked screen, unless you are destitute there is no jaysus excuse for the bloody hardship you are experiencing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

A sewer drain running under the road close to my bus stop. It stinks of rotten cabbage most of the time. The stench is even worse during warm weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,750 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

The way chuggers stagger themselves along certain streets, essentially making you run a gauntlet of them so you've to summon a polite PFO four or five times instead of just once.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,367 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Google Chrome not working

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Bredabe

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭Vote4Squirrels

TA that I've just realised I've forgotten to include a bill on my budget this month, and booked a flight to the football next month - so instead of a lovely 235 euro left after all bills etc are paid - I've 87. FML!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,302 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

I live a bit over a kilometer north of a mushroom factory. When the wind is a certain direction I get the bang off it outside my gaff. As you said, warm weather tends to ripen it further.

TA - I'm a commuter and normally I'm grand with it - but I'm too warm, tired, bad leg is painful and pain meds making me drowsy and I want to be able to get a LUAS home instead of LUAS - LUAS - train - 1.5km walk.

Diet Coke in the fridge tho and a big hug off my dog awaits so that knocks the edge of!

Absolutely ancient threads being dug up and then allowed to run. They'd have been shut down pronto up until pretty recently. Are the powers that be that desperate for any sort of activity?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Extremely thin and cheap toilet paper, worse it was a hotel. Better off using a dock leaf!

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,153 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I hope you have nail clippers on you 😷

MY TA is need to do a lot of things but can’t be assed

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,302 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

I live near a high school. I pass through the back of the sports field on my way to and from work. It grinds my gears when people use this area as a dumping ground.

In most cases it's obviously some homeless person's possessions but today someone offloaded a few boxes and bags of household rubbish. Total ****. If I catch them at it…

my loud as fûk gobby neighbour leaves her property at 7.35 this morning.

She cannot exist without talking. She leaves her front door absolutely howling with laughter into her phone… and then weirdly shrieking in delight in reply to whatever has been said to her by the other party and then loudly and enthusiastically continuing the yap.

Pack..…it……in ! It’s 7.35…..she gets the bus to work, I can only imagine what awful experience people must endure sitting on a bus near her.

Took my dog for a walk and she practically threw herself at everyone we walked past hoping for the pets. Now we're home, she's had water and a treat and is now sleeping on her back like a dead spider!

Floozy!

Note - not strictly a TA as I love the little furry tart!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,856 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Cars overtaking you on recently resurfaced roads with loose gravel and a 25km/h limit!

ffs I do not want you speeding to over take and throwing gravel all over my windscreen!

Its only a one kilometer stretch would it kill you to keep to the limit?

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,384 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

The one time I was looking forward to an energy-replenishing sleep last night happened to be the one night my farming neighbour decided was ideal to potter around in his tractor doing essential work in the field next to my bedroom.

And of course, after a fitful night's sleep due to other factors on top of the noise pollution (it was so humid last night), my intended nap when I got home was also disrupted by more heavy machinery noise going on.

FFS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭mrslancaster

People who think draw is the way to spell drawer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,856 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,384 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Travelling down a beach road today with a parcel for a serial online shopper. Its a bumpy terrain and narrow, and more annoying this time of year with the presence of summer residents that simply refuse to yield for the fella in the big van. No siree. I have to reverse back down the lane a bit too after this customer as there is literally nowhere to turn.

I arrive, blow the horn as customary so they can meet me at the gate. I take out the quite heavy box, place it on the ground but have to adjust it a couple of times to find the correct barcode to scan. Customer scowls at me "oi, be careful, its wine" as if it was some essential medical equipment.

Jeez I'd love to have the luxury of having alcohol products delivered to my door, and I don't live in a hard-to-access area. Notions of some people.

woke up to my gobby neighbours kid outside smoking. Again outside right under my bedroom air vent. Room stinks completely of smoke…

I’m just at the stage now that I wish the dumb inconsiderate rancid little twat, between the outside well into the morning AM drinking noisy get togethers, now filling my room full her **** smoke would just disappear with her parents to wherever….It’s the easiest thing in the world to be a good neighbour… it’s takes minimum to no effort, you don’t have to do anything…. Just avoid doing obvious stuff that is going to inconvenience, annoy, harass or be a nuisance…but, to some thoughtless people though, that is completely impossible…

• Registered Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

I am childfree but I'm "looking after" my 12 yr old nephew for the week while his mother is away. I don't know how parents do it. Everything is dirty, the place is a mess, he won't eat any regular food so I've to make 2 dinners every day and he is apparently incapable of being quiet. He's always bored so I'm trying to keep him amused and I'm fcuking exhausted. My childfree choice is being reaffirmed every single day. And he's a good kid so it's not that.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,582 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

It is August. Where did July go…

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

Have you ever considered a different line of work, CTM? 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,253 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Immediately let him make his very own playlist

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭mrslancaster

As in chest of drawers, but the underwear 'drawers' would likely be the same 😏

Advertisement