Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ikea Pickup

• 30-07-2024 1:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 494 ✭✭

Hi all, where is the closest ikea pick up to Cork city?

Thanks,

TJ

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,106 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I know there's one in ucc, but surely IKEA website would have that information?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 494 ✭✭timmyjimmy

This is the thing, the only place I can seem to get to delivered on the website is Tesco in Mitchelstown and Youghal! Surely it would be easy to see the pick up near UCC on their website?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Markcheese

I've picked a bed from Tesco in youghal before , but the company operating the pick up point - ( 2 lads in a van waiting for me ) were based in little island , so it kind of surprised me that the pick up points for cork are youghal and mitchelstown ,

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,106 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Perhaps ucc is only for smaller items. Picked up a duvet there only last week.

Did pick up a table in Youghal last year, alright but I wasn't sure if it was from IKEA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 494 ✭✭timmyjimmy

Thank you, that's exactly what it is. I removed some of the larger items and then the option for the shop near UCC came up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭opus

I've only know of the DPD pickup point in UCC in Aras Na Mac Leinn, haven't come across any others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 845 ✭✭✭what the hell!

Yeah it’s only for smaller deliveries in UCC. Maybe it’s improved since but whoever was dropping the stuff off there wasn’t doing a very good job. One of my deliveries was all broken and the other delivery got lost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 704 ✭✭✭lostinsuperfunk

I'm also only being offered Mitchelstown or Youghal as pickup points for large items for Cork City, and "no home delivery available". What is the point in IKEA even having an online shop if this is their level of service?

There were posts a few years ago about private "man in a van" services who did weekly runs to Ballymun - does anyone know if they're still going?

Advertisement