Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2024

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭rubick

Well that f*cking sucks balls. Arcadia was comfortably busy last year with some DnB. Can't see why they wouldn't have it open again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,790 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Was Thursday at Arcadia announced in advance last year? I seem to have a, potentially false, memory that they just sent a a notification on the Thursday to say it was opening that evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,580 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Now that you mention it that sort of rings a bell.

But it was a false memory - did a quick twitter search there and they advertised in advance that Arcadia would be open on the Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭sh89000

Yep that's a bummer. Arcade was great on Thursday last year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,939 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Agreed. Arcadia was good craic on Thursday night last year. It'll be rammed!

Still not announced Lovely Days special guest.. supposed to be today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

In a moment of madness, I could be going to ATN, having never been before I could use some advice.

Does Thursday entry need an additional ticket?

Latest wristband exchange Friday evening 8pm?

24 can freeflow, so take in on first go. Is it like a reg freeflow, Bag O’cans around the arena, is there a search in from camp site to arena?

What’s the recommended camp site, looking for equal distance car to camp and camp to arena.

There’s talk of an epic Mount Everest hill, how to avoid! Ideally don’t want to have to lug tent and gear up or down it, maybe that’s not a problem.
    Any other tips?

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭TenPicnics

I can assist with some of those -

No extra cost for Thursday, free to all weekend ticket holders.

Free flow after 1st entry (when you get a wristband) with all booze, no search on way in to arena, definitely will be searched for booze if you leave the festival & come back in.

Big hill, I think, is if you are staying in Boutique but came in by the general entrance, you will avoid it as free camping areas are all closer to the general entrance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭Shelga

Hey all, a friend is begging me to accompany her to this but I’m very on the fence, leaning towards no. If you’re not a fan of weekend camping festivals in general will this be the same? I went to EP before and did not enjoy it. I sound like a right ray of sunshine I know 🤣

€250 isn’t cheap and I just wanted to know what the general vibe is like, how old the crowd is, things like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭hold my beer

Yes this weekend camping festival will be a weekend camping festival 🤣

Just say yes, let yourself go, and have a ball of a time. Or don't.

If you don't enjoy festivals or camping then in all reality you probably aren't going to enjoy it - as it is a festival and requires staying in a tent for 3 or 4 nights!

When did you go to Electric Picnic? And what did you not enjoy about it?

It's an older crowd than EP definitely, as it's over 21s you don't get groups of teenagers and leaving certers, so the atmosphere is much nicer and there is a feel of people knowing what they are doing. It's smaller than EP, approx half or a third the size in terms of capacity and the site itself is smaller and therefore a bit easier to get around.

Knowing my friends who don't enjoy camping, the real challenges arise when the weather is poor - the current forecast has fairly dry weather all the way until Sunday evening. You could always drive home that night and have your tent packed away Sunday morning if you didn't fancy the third night camping in possible wet conditions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭Shelga

Haha yes I realise I sounded a bit of a gom there, asking if a weekend camping festival will be like a weekend camping festival 😆

The weather was shite when I went to EP, a general sense of feeling manky and gross sitting around a campsite at 11am chugging beer, teenagers everywhere. Muck and disgusting Portaloos too of course.

There were bits of it I enjoyed, I do really like camping in general but not at a festival, it has a different vibe. Although the fact that ATN is an older crowd and half the size of EP is good.

But you know what, I’m 37, these things just don’t hold the appeal they once did, and maybe boards isn’t the place for my early midlife crisis ramblings. 😄 Anyone who does go, I hope you have a blast!! I’ll probably have some FOMO.

On the other hand, you could wake up in your tent, walk into the arena for something lovely to eat, grab a coffee and watch some comedy, listen to spoken word, storytelling, music, do a yoga session etc. and do the festival completely on your own terms! No pressure to be the one with a beer in hand at 11am (although that is more than likely what I'll be doing!). Enjoy if you do go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

There's free flow alcohol policy which means there's no searches on the way into the arena, which means there are not thousands of punters getting absolutely tanked in the campsite in the early afternoon before going into the arena.

Because of this it's a lot more laid back & comfortable, with a lot less messy people out of their minds than there would be at Electric Picnic (there'll always be 1 or 2 at every festival though).

And because the capacity is a lot smaller it's a lot less packed and there are plenty of places to escape crowds and chill when you need to.

I reckon you should go, i think you'd have a ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭El Director

You should go IMO. Say yes to things that put you a little outside your comfort zone 😎 ATN and EP are barely comparable and 37 is nothing, I think you'll soon see most folk are in their 30s, 40s and 50s! I'm 43 myself. As someone else pointed out there are loads of nice things to do and discover besides the music. It's just such and chill, friendly festival and so many lovely quiet spots if you need a break. Perhaps book into one of the things the wellness area has to offer too. Also, you will get a ticket for 200 I'd say on Adverts or Toutless between now and Friday.

In summary @shelga - just go, you won't regret it.

(…and if you do you could just bail on the Saturday or Sunday)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 259 ✭✭CoffeeImpala

At the moment my plan is to be at home this weekend so I don't need to know anything.

When I was booking tickets last year four camping festivals in six weekends seemed like enough so ATN was dropped unless they came out with a particularly strong line-up. I haven't seen enough on the schedule to tempt me out of that decision.

Now some good time management over the next 48 hours, combined with a competitively priced ticket and time efficient travel options might convince me otherwise. But I was quite sluggish today so I don't see the first bit happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Ruanmcg

Do people print the clash finder timetable out and if so, how?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 117 ✭✭jellybeano

If you’re on your mobile, click on the 3 lines on the top right of the page. Go to desktop version and hit print 😎 I’d be lost without a clashfinder printout.

Edit: this should link to the desktop version

https://clashfinder.com/s/atn24/?user=10mp87.p8

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

There should be an export option, to excel or word etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Print*?? Sure thing grandad!

*em, can I get a copy aswell?

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭crl84

Desktop version all the way, mobile view is way too much faff and hard to see clashes imo.

I just screenshot it on my phone in desktop mode,eg:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭charlietully

Have u bought a ticket? I've got a spare can't go. Will sell for 150

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,326 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Id gladly take that Charlie

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Peesh89

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭TenPicnics

I'm more than 20 years older than you, have been to the last 4 ATNS and Glastonbury a couple of years ago. Loved it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 BeardyD

37? You're only a young thing. I'm pushing 50, and I'll be there dancing my arse off tyvm.

I've been to at least 10 EPs, loved them at the time but switched to ATN on its first year and haven't looked back since. It's really quite different, more relaxed and fewer messers.

Word of friendly advice - Going around thinking you're too old for things is a dangerous game. One day you'll wake up and be ACTUALLY too physically old to do lots of fun things, and you may regret the choices you made when you had a choice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,790 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

ATN teasing The Scratch on Instagram, they've not been previously announced right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,939 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Probably Lovely Days Special Guest opening the Sunday. It was meant to be announced today, so would make sense.

EDIT: Just saw IG post with the pint.. more-or-less confirms that slot so..

Would they be too big for that? Would be a downgrade for them from last year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭dingbat

Finishing up deadlines. Generally on track but late nights incoming.

Friday morning drop-offs to the genetic babysitters all confirmed.

ATN-excitement now officially building.

Advertisement