Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vice President Kamala Harris vs Donald Trump 2024

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 492 ✭✭reclose

Thanks for the replies.
    How does Trump end up being the Republican nominee?

We can clearly see how toxic he is. How is no other Republican beating him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,869 ✭✭✭Shoog

As I said , no one is defending Clinton here - they are just pointing out how the circumstances are completely different to Trump. So who's acting the bollox banging on about it ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭techdiver

We can clearly see that America if anything is regressing in certain areas. It's also quite a divided country. Urban New York, San Francisco etc has more in common with major European cities/countries than they do with the hicksville parts of America.

Because the Republican party is mired in conspiracy theories about the deep state.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,667 ✭✭✭✭Water John

The Republican party as we knew it, doesn't exist anymore.

• Advertisement

That can’t be the reason though? Is he just too powerful a personality to run against? Meaning if you run against him your political career is done while he is around?

Obviously he has a strangle hold over the GOP, but that doesn't account for the MAGA base who worship him as gods representative on earth. Total crazy idol worship.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭paddyisreal

There not that different both scumbags voted in.circles and roundabouts so leave it at that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭techdiver

True and this is another thing that pisses me off about American politics (on both sides in fairness). The elevation of public office candidates to superstar celebrity/diety status. We don't have anything approaching close to that in Ireland with a load of fools showing up to wave flags and banners in support of a candidate at rallies etc. I'm not talking about party die hards, but the amount of Joe Soaps who show up in t-shirts and banners as if they are at a rock concert. It's actually an embarrassment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,943 ✭✭✭LambshankRedemption

Georgia is a swing state and I did some work there a few years ago. Some of the people I worked with were very much of the Bible Belt, and I can't see them voting for a homosexual.

In my opinion,

Mark Kelly - Most electable

Joshua Shapiro - electable and brings the most electoral votes

Bettigieg - popular with liberals, but at what cost of centre-rights?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Yakov P. Golyadkin

"HARRIS AND BIDEN EXPOSED: Former U.S. Criminal Court Judge and Lawyer confirms Kamala Harris is a corrupt witch, she's been corrupt her whole life and she slept her way to the top, she is not black. He confirms Biden is a racist dog who said "Negro children are like roaches.""

This all sounds reasonable and well informed, I'll watch it when next on the toilet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,146 ✭✭✭✭briany

If Trump does end up losing to Harris who wasn't a particularly popular VP and is also a woman and person of colour, the amount of frustration and anger he would feel would truly push him over the edge into doing something utterly insane like divising a far reaching conspiracy about the election, calling it rigged, phoning up state governors trying to get them to find him some votes and going along with a fake elector scheme, and also showing up at the US Capitol on the day that election is to be certified where he gives a long and rambling speech to his angry supporters about the conspiracy theory, before ordering them to march to the Capitol to demand that the result be changed.

Worst case scenario, though. Sorry if anyone finds this scenario to be hyperbolic or alarmist.

My question is how trustworthy are the American military and domestic police. They are heavily infiltrated by fundamentalist Christians at this stage so there would be a strong sympathy for the Trump side.

If it comes to it, how realistic is it that the military would step in on the winning side if it isn't Trump ?

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Maxface

I would imagine that Trump will be forced to debate Harris. He is on the slide and will have to face the fact that he will need to be brave to arrest that slide. Whether that turns out to be the right decision for him (I doubt) remains to be seen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,050 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Funny how much creedence is given to polls that show Democrats ahead but when the polls show the opposite, polls cant be trusted.

The mass media will continue to lie straight to our faces (they told us Biden was as sharp as a tack for 3.5 years).

Now they are portraying Harris, a woman who no one ever voted for, a VP in a very unpopular administration as somehow shooting up in favourablity despite not campaigning or even giving a meaningful speech.

Im not buying it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,078 ✭✭✭Flaneur OBrien

They can't, but it's nice to see all the same.

No.

She was VP and could not define military policy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Economics101

Primaries tend to favour the more extreme supporter, who are more likely to vote. They don't have to worry about winning over independents or Democrats. In a general elaction of course they may get their comeuppance.

The anti-Trump Republicans were too numerous in the Primaries and got picked off one by one, in 2016, leaving DJT as the survivor. Somewhat similar in 2024. If somehow the antis had agreed on one candidate to oppose Trump, things might have turned our quite different.

So if registered Rebublicans are, say, 40% of the electorate, eventually you have to get about 20% of the electorate to be the Republican candidate. The bit which mystifies me is how the anti-Trump Republicans go on to support the guy they had apparently despised.

Lol. What credibility has Trump with regards to any dictator, whatever about Putin? 😂

He legitimised Kim Jong Um

He had secret meetings with no recorded minutes with Putin.

He said Russian intelligence was better than the CIA

He approves of Victor Orban

He opened his home to Netanyhu.

I honestly can't think of once he stood up to someone, (that wasn't meant to be a US ally)

• Advertisement

You do not have more power than the power your office affords. Your outrage is unwarranted and ignorant.

You asked me no questions, you made a point claiming Harris had the power to decide about military action in Ukraine. I replied to your wildly inaccurate claim that she did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭nachouser

It's the same rereg, just ignore or give a mod more work to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭nachouser

Don't reply. Report. Ignore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,802 ✭✭✭accensi0n

She's going to be someone who pays her bills

She's going to be someone who pays her taxes

She's going to be someone who isn't a failed business owner with 10 companies that went under

She's going to be someone who can coherently have an adult conversation

She's going to be someone who can provide meaningful input to policy change discussions

She's going to be someone who hasn't sexually assaulted people

She's going to be someone who isn't a scumbag

She's going to be someone who doesn't have a literal public running count of like 5,000 obvious lies

In a two horse race, "ya but trump" is absolutely a relevant answer.

I assume (that's all I can do!) she'll bring the office of President of the United States to the table. A pretty powerful position to be in.

She'll keep sending arms to Ukraine so they can keep defending themselves against Putin.

No idea about Taiwan, not following it.

What's Trump going to do with Ukraine if he's elected? He said he'll end the war in one day. How? Why is he not laying out his plan for all to see to stop hundreds of people dying?

What about the border? Why did Trump shut down the border bill that Dems and reps and the border police approve of? Will he just dust off the bill, tipped out the witees and Sharpie his name on the cover?

Advertisement