Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transitioning out of teaching - advice

• 29-07-2024 2:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

I am finish my fifth year of teaching (secondary, subject: Irish), and am leaving the profession (or at least taking a break) for the foreseeable. I am currently applying for the civil service, and this process will likely take a year or two before I might be lucky enough to get a position there, so in the meantime, I am trying to find work. I have applied for countless admin/office jobs in LinkedIn/IrishJobs, but to no avail, unfortunately. I am wondering how to go about casual subbing/home tuition if I needed to do this in the meantime. I desperately would not like to sub, as I have fallen out of love with teaching and the school environment, and really don't want to go back in September, but if I had to, what is the best way to sub? EducationPosts, or handing in CV to schools? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

Advertisement