Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Buying in Maryborough portlaoise ISSUES

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42 06750931

No nothing...I'd imagine no-one will be in until August at this stage...its 4 weeks to the 19th June, I can't see it happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 GG_AZ

Hey Folks,

I am between 43 and 48

It got snagged recently and the snagger came with 124 issues. If I summarise the issue mainly with the cleaning and finishing the things, that’s that.

I had a word with Joe the other day - so he might be looking into getting a few people moving before the 11th of July, of course, those have roads in front of their house done.

But I must say he is a great person - I had many questions about chimneys, the heating system, fittings… He had a good time explaining everything and is trying to get things done ASAP.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭helper1989

hi @GG_AZ - thanks for sharing your experience. We are in the same row and had the exact same experience.

Hi

What numbers is he hoping to move in before the 11th of July?

hi. Does anyone know the dimensions for fridge, dishwasher, oven, microwave and washing machine?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 najra

I recommend to go to Telfords they will give you initial quote with appliances matching. We've done this with recommendation from Joe as we also wanted to know domesions etc. And Geraldine know very well which one will fit to all houses on Maryborough. On the quote you will have appliance ref numbers which you can use to check on the internet. We personally will buy all of them from Telfords 😊

thank you so much for this!

would you be comfortable sharing the measurements? Appreciate that you may not want to since it may have personal information.

has anyone received a recent update from EA or Joe with regards to roadworks and second snag?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 lch2023

I’d love if there was but based on what others have said I am not expecting any major updates until the tarmac is laid in 2 weeks. I haven’t seen a visible difference on the site in a long time. However if I do get any update I will post in in the thread

The final hurdle is always the hardest one....I'd imagine it'll be August before anyone gets in, anything sooner will be a bonus.

it indeed is. Joe seemed optimistic to get the house handed over in July so let’s see.

will see if I can visit the site over the weekend to see how much have the roadworks progressed

there was progress towards the start of the road. Don’t have any pictures of that

• Registered Users Posts: 15 GG_AZ

Hey Maryborough Family Members,

Is anyone looking into flooring options, just wanted some guidance on which place or person you guys are taking into consideration from.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 19 artinaas

I highly recommended this guy with service

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭DoctorRV

https://www.floorstoredirect.ie/ has a good variety of options to choose from for laminate, solid wood and vinyl. If you want tiles in some areas you could go to firstchoicetiles.ie in Portlaoise and TileNStyle in Carlow have good options.

has anyone received a call for second snag?

I think it's only when they're going to make a path and finish all surface than maybe.

oh ok. Thank you

Hi

I got called for 2nd snag today going there tomorrow.

As far as I know they have called all from 35 to 42 back for second snag.

• Advertisement

I feel your frustration because almost all of us are going through this.

there are some of us who have been waiting for more than 2 years now!

regarding your query on the extractor fan, there is a variant that is available that would be suitable for builds where there isn’t a vent. This variant requires a carbon filter to be replaced periodically and it accumulates all the exhaust fumes etc.

regarding the wait times, I guess it is a waiting game and we are nearly there

Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

as an example, it’s something like this https://www.screwfix.ie/p/cooke-lewis-visor-hood-600mm-stainless-steel/144GX?gad_source=1&gbraid=0AAAAADmaiecDcQtRp7T8nvB_KWgVKrtTe&gclid=EAIaIQobChMItfq_g86chwMVRJJQBh2_LAW8EAQYAyABEgJ4lPD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

for measurements for appliances, they are standard sizes but you can still visit Telford electrical in port Laois. There is a a kind lady called Geraldine who is aware of the property (knows Joe as well!) but you will be able to get a good idea of the appliances via the quote that she will give you

also, if it helps, I had about 89-90 snag points as well but all minor

hopefully they should be able to address the points and we will all be handed over the keys

Hi all,

Here is the update I got from Joe today, I hope I remembered everything correctly:

Row 35-42 are currently “de-snagging”/doing second snag as mentioned above. We were happy that our snags had been fixed and had been told others in the row have already signed off too. However no one will get keys until roadwork is done.

The tarmac was being poured when we were there today, at the start of the road as far as the bungalows. Their plan is to tarmac the area / complete the paving for the rest of the area during this week and next week. Once this is done they hope to get keys to those who have de-snagged i.e. 35-42 before the builders holidays on the 19th. There will still be a few on site during the holidays.

They are currently snagging (I guess fixing the first snags) on row 43-48. I think he said one or two of them might potentially be ready soon for de-snag also.

They haven’t started snagging the middle row (28-34) yet. They will start them next, then finally the bungalows.

great to hear that you were able to sign off.

Did you do the second snag yourself or take the snagger for it?

We did it ourselves

great, thank you

Hi same was down today all signed off..they have started the road it will be done by this evening. Cobble lock only being started today.

He is going to try get some from 35 to 42 in before he goes, it depends on who's ready mortgage wise etc. Otherwise it will be when they are back from holidays.

My house was spotless and all snags done.

And I never thought I'd say it but definelty from looking at it today, worth the wait.😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫

• Advertisement

thank you for sharing these

Doubt anyone will be in until August.

The council won't sign off until that cobble lock is done or at least near enough done...there's only 5 working days left until the builders holidays.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭divide_by_zero

On site this morning spoke to Joe while he did say some would be in by next week he didn't sound confident :D he did say everyone would be in by end of August for sure. Some more photos to add to what's already being added.

Hi all

My solicitor received the completion letter for the house today but engineer report and council report outstanding.

I'm 35 to 42 so presume others would of received also.

No completion date...the completion letter is to say the house is completed dated the 15th the day they sent it.

Your not too bad, I've been waiting for 3 years😵‍💫

I am also 35-42 and was holding out hope to get in this week if they got the road done. We got the completion letter but our solicitor has told us there’s zero chance of getting in this week even if the road was done as the sale can’t be processed that quickly. Not sure if other peoples solicitors have said the same…

Also waiting almost 3 years but at least we are almost there 🙈

Hi…

There is no chance of this week.

They are going to leave the keys with their solicitors or the auctioneers if they are going to release the houses next week.

He said they will have the engineer and council reports available on Friday.

Thats the update I got yesterday anyway.

that’s really helpful thanks for the update. I was dreading everything being put on pause for 2 weeks but that’d be great if it can keep going

Hi, Do you know if the roads are done completely and are they still barricaded? Was planning go have a look around this weekend.

• Advertisement

We had about 100 too and in fairness to them they did seem to address the majority where they could - even very minor superficial things. They had our list printed out and ticked off so you could see they had gone through it.

There was 1 thing they hadn’t fixed (patchy painting outside the back) and I honestly think they just forgot. We would have liked them to address that, however we were told that they’d have to finish the first snag on all houses first before coming back to any second snags. Based on where they are with snags now that probably would have meant adding on months for us which just wasn’t worth it. Overall we were very happy with it.

Hi guys

So even though they said they would close next week, my solicitor just got confirmation that they would close next week and then within 30 minutes received another notification that they were advised not to close until the 6th August due to the builders holidays.

So I presume no-one is getting in....more of the same....very stressful and disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 KJ2023

got in to take some pictures today

• Registered Users Posts: 17 KJ2023

hi no problem at all , yes the entrance is still closed.

Photo dump from today. Yes the entrance is closed.

By trespassing! I guess it is called. It’s a bit tricky there due to ground being wet and mushy. You have been warned 🤐👍

• Advertisement

Does anyone know what this is ? Appears to be an EV charging point but I don’t think this was in the house specifications sheet so wondering if this is a new addition or am I mistaking this to be an EV charging point ?

Hi

This Plug is for jobs outside home for example concrete mixer heavy saw and many more

It's the longest 2 weeks already!!!!!! Yeah it's an ev charging point…wasn't in the initial specifications but then I think they were told it was a requirement.....

Hi everyone

Any good news?

No, I personally haven’t heard anything back from them since I was told we’d likely be in before builders holidays and to drawdown (which we did!) 😂 I’d be lost without this thread.

Counting down the days to the 6th of August.

• Advertisement
Advertisement